LegacyGT.com

Anyone Interested in An Aftermarket Exhaust

Are you interested in a aftermarket exhaust?  

200 members have voted

1. 1. Are you interested in a aftermarket exhaust?

• Replies 326
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yea stock mufflers off of a 2015 WRX..Everything bolted on but I would suggest trimming the bumper slightly as it does touch. It's a very tight fit but I haven't seen any signs of the bumper melting or deforming or anything and I drive the car daily..

I know when guys put this muffler on the Forester they trim the bumper for a better fit. I measured the opening on the Forester bumper and it's the same space so I think a slight trim would make this muffler fit the Legacy perfectly.

Hopefully I can find a cheap WRX midpipe and I'll add the passenger side muffler also.

IMG_2161.JPG.ab863d28a0515392916a7a73eff2b02a.JPG

IMG_2166.JPG.e29fac57a5fe8b93d50e1652efbda721.JPG

IMG_2164.JPG.30a949fc5b6295c8c22770c0b870fa30.JPG

Yea stock mufflers off of a 2015 WRX..Everything bolted on but I would suggest trimming the bumper slightly as it does touch. It's a very tight fit but I haven't seen any signs of the bumper melting or deforming or anything and I drive the car daily..

I know when guys put this muffler on the Forester they trim the bumper for a better fit. I measured the opening on the Forester bumper and it's the same space so I think a slight trim would make this muffler fit the Legacy perfectly.

Hopefully I can find a cheap WRX midpipe and I'll add the passenger side muffler also.

Not sure where you are located, but in CT I saw on craigslist a listing for a WRX midpipe as well as both mufflers for $400.

@bobbyd..I found these mufflers on craigslist in new york for $75 for both almost brand new LOL.

Haha nice, that's a good deal! I mean it wouldn't hurt offering the guy like $75 for the midpipe. He might accept anything he can get because I can't see too many people looking for these parts.

Would it be possible to split the single 2.5i exhaust into a dual exhaust (would you use the 3.6r exhaust?)...but instead you would keep the stock exhaust on 1 side, and then get the Nameless straight pipe on the other. Then you can either put a plate between the flange on either side..so if you want to drive straight pipe for the weekend you put the blocker plate in the flange that goes to the stock exhaust and vice versa..possible?

Would it be possible to split the single 2.5i exhaust into a dual exhaust (would you use the 3.6r exhaust?)...but instead you would keep the stock exhaust on 1 side, and then get the Nameless straight pipe on the other. Then you can either put a plate between the flange on either side..so if you want to drive straight pipe for the weekend you put the blocker plate in the flange that goes to the stock exhaust and vice versa..possible?

I guess this would be possible, but would probably be a pretty weird setup. The nameless has a larger tip than the stock exhaust.

Would you leave both in at the same time? It'd be easier to go custom, with an OEM tip, so it looks balanced (if you plan on leaving both in at once).

Wouldnt it be easier to just add a stock muffler on the passenger side and then get an electronic exhaust cut out for when you want to run straight pipe?

They make electronic mufflers. If you're going down that road just get a muffler so that it looks aftermarket and doesn't seem like you have a cracked/bad muffler like a 15 year old civic. But that's my opinion

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 6 months later...

Selling my exhaust if anyone on here is interested. Custome headers with high flow 200cel cat, 2 1/2" mid pipe and y-pipe to suit a dual exit set-up. Due to shipping costs it's probably only suited to someone in Aus, but happy to get freight prices.

PM me if you're interested. Parts are also listed in the for sale section.

34050472790_5e07c09dd1_b.jpg

34275832282_a730c15d42_b.jpg

34435312225_14304ce950_b.jpg

Are there any other comparable exhaust options out there that will produce maybe a slightly more quiet tone, but still keep the growl?

So far the only one I really like is the stock WRX exhaust with our resonator welded on. It's a really nice medium between stock and the typical Subaru grumble.

Are there any other comparable exhaust options out there that will produce maybe a slightly more quiet tone, but still keep the growl?

I know we've had members with the Nameless Muffler Delete and the 4" muffler but I don't recall if I've heard any exhaust notes on our gen with a 5" muffler. That may be something to look into. This may have already been mentioned but I've been absent from the forum for a bit and there are far too many pages to sift through lol.

@BeastCoast1

^^^ I'm* :lol:

Also for the record (again)... Muffler delete, axle-back. Straight-pipe bolted to the stock flange. Four inch tip flush with exhaust outlet. I don't think it sounds any different than a pricey exhaust system.

Sent you a quick PM Subie whenever you get a chance ! :)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...
Hello my name is Manny I just joined and I owen a 2015 Legacy Premium 2.5i. For you guys not trying to spend an arm and a leg. I bought a stock 2015 wrx catback from craigslist for $150 took it to a buddy had him extend it 5 1/2 inches an it bolts right up.

http://i1067.photobucket.com/albums/u431/Manny_Naia/Mobile%20Uploads/20151231_180713_zpshrv14ufc.jpg

http://i1067.photobucket.com/albums/u431/Manny_Naia/Mobile%20Uploads/20151231_180528_zpsc9hdeqfo.jpg

http://i1067.photobucket.com/albums/u431/Manny_Naia/Mobile%20Uploads/20151231_180509_zpsvricqwji.jpg

http://i1067.photobucket.com/albums/u431/Manny_Naia/Mobile%20Uploads/20151231_180514_zpsx6h0leqm.jpg

http://i1067.photobucket.com/albums/u431/Manny_Naia/Mobile%20Uploads/20151231_184609_zpsqcrslnio.jpg

http://i1067.photobucket.com/albums/u431/Manny_Naia/Mobile%20Uploads/20151231_191311_zpsxky8davj.jpg

http://i1067.photobucket.com/albums/u431/Manny_Naia/Mobile%20Uploads/20151231_191449_zpsx0v6yvg0.jpg

I know I am reviving a super old post, but I have a 2016 Legacy 2.5i Limited and just acquired a 2017 STI Mid pipe and Mufflers and am looking for more information on this install from anyone that has done it.

I see that the mid pipe has to be extended, is that 5 and 1/2" number exact, can anyone verify this?

Do all of the hangers match up for both mid pipe and mufflers or will i have to add / remove / modify any, if so, which ones?

Does anyone have a link to the hangers needed for this job and the amount of hangers needed?

I have a local performance shop that gave me a ballpark estimate of about $300 to do the welding and install, does that sound legit?

Again, sorry for bringing this back from the dead and thanks for any useful info.

I know I am reviving a super old post, but I have a 2016 Legacy 2.5i Limited and just acquired a 2017 STI Mid pipe and Mufflers and am looking for more information on this install from anyone that has done it.

I see that the mid pipe has to be extended, is that 5 and 1/2" number exact, can anyone verify this?

Do all of the hangers match up for both mid pipe and mufflers or will i have to add / remove / modify any, if so, which ones?

Does anyone have a link to the hangers needed for this job and the amount of hangers needed?

I have a local performance shop that gave me a ballpark estimate of about $300 to do the welding and install, does that sound legit?

Again, sorry for bringing this back from the dead and thanks for any useful info.

What I did to mine was I kept my stock mid-pipe and had a shop add a Wrx Y-pipe and mufflers and also add hangers for the right side muffler, also didn’t have to add 5 1/2 inch.

What I did to mine was I kept my stock mid-pipe and had a shop add a Wrx Y-pipe and mufflers and also add hangers for the right side muffler, also didn’t have to add 5 1/2 inch.

Do you have a sound clip? Wondering if it is super quiet or has some form of growl....

My line of thinking is that the STI mid pipe will give it more of an aggressive sound? I'm prob wrong about that...

WRX midpipe - no resonator no cat

STI Midpipe - Resonator no cat

Legacy 2.5i Midpipe - Cat and Resonator?

LMK if i'm wrong about that. I am also trying to not modify my stock Legacy Midpipe, so i can go back to stock easily if needed.

Do you have a sound clip? Wondering if it is super quiet or has some form of growl....

My line of thinking is that the STI mid pipe will give it more of an aggressive sound? I'm prob wrong about that...

WRX midpipe - no resonator no cat

STI Midpipe - Resonator no cat

Legacy 2.5i Midpipe - Cat and Resonator?

LMK if i'm wrong about that. I am also trying to not modify my stock Legacy Midpipe, so i can go back to stock easily if needed.

Here is the sound clip on mine, this with my stock mid pipe with added Wrx Axle back exhaust..

And yes I would stick with the STi mid pipe since it has a resonator,

I tried the Wrx mid pipe and the drone is unbearable even on slow acceleration that’s I decided to use the stock mid pipe.

And no the legacy mid pipe does not have a cat on it just resonator

Here is the sound clip on mine, this with my stock mid pipe with added Wrx Axle back exhaust..

And yes I would stick with the STi mid pipe since it has a resonator,

I tried the Wrx mid pipe and the drone is unbearable even on slow acceleration that’s I decided to use the stock mid pipe.

And no the legacy mid pipe does not have a cat on it just resonator

Yeah, that sounds way better than the other guy that used the WRX mid pipe, no resonator.

Have you been running it long and did your bumper melt or get damaged? I know the cut out is a tight fit and will rub a bit.... I am a bit worried about melting because I run this car about 200 miles a day, up to 8 hours at a time...(uber driver)