LegacyGT.com

Anyone Interested in An Aftermarket Exhaust

Are you interested in a aftermarket exhaust?  

200 members have voted

1. 1. Are you interested in a aftermarket exhaust?

Muffler delete from a local muffler shop. Just a straight pipe wleded onto a 4" tip. It's then bolted onto the stock flange. I just did a dual exhaust the last few days, they did a Y pipe with straight pipes. A video coming tomorrow.

Is it a straight pipe from the cat or resignator?

• Replies 326
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay. I did it. Looks freakin awesome!!!http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160128/ecc51fe90ad10cce0bba78f7c9f33d26.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ok I can't take it anymore lol scheduled an appointment for Friday to get my dual exhaust installed!!! Looks great Subie, I'll be like you soon lol

So im new to this, so the only way for me to get a dual is to get it welded?

I sent you a PM SubieN8 if you got the time

If you have a 2.5 with a single exit, then you'll have to get the branch for the second exit fabricated and hangars installed to hold the rear muffler.

I think SubieN8 has completely removed his rear muffler and just got 4" tips installed so he has had another pipe connected up for the other side and tip installed.

So straight pipes from the rear axle back with everything stock from rear axle through to the engine (cat, mid-pipe, resonator, headers).

This should be a relatively simple job for a decent exhaust shop.

Edited by tigger73

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160129/9df025bd4b19825d69ba0770fdec183f.jpg

Did this one too a while back. I think it's almost a must. That blank is just so infuriating lol

Nice work Koopfs!

Yes if it wasn't so obvious that you missed out on the second exit it wouldn't be so bad. However when they just put a cover over the blank exit then it just begs for a second tip to finish off the rear.

Do you have any photos from under to show pipework routing/connections? Interested to see what everyone has fabricated.

What I suggest people do is to remove the rear muffler at the flange near the rear axle and drive around with it for a bit. This is probably pretty close to what it's going to sound like with straight pipes (quite a bit louder than stock).

If you're happy with this sound level then go for it - straight pipes is certainly the cheapest option for a dual exhaust. If you want less noise then you'll need to put in a muffler on each side just before the tips.

Lastly if you ever wanted to go back to "stock", then I'd suggest getting a flange welded in front of the Y so you can remove the whole rear section before it splits (instead of welding it directly onto the stock pipe). You can then get the exhaust shop to weld a flange onto the stock pipe that they cut off and you should have 2 rear exhaust sections that are interchangeable simply by unbolting the flange and bolting the other section up.

But once you've got dual exit I don't know any reason why you'd want to go back!

Edited by tigger73

• 7 months later...
Hello my name is Manny I just joined and I owen a 2015 Legacy Premium 2.5i. For you guys not trying to spend an arm and a leg. I bought a stock 2015 wrx catback from craigslist for $150 took it to a buddy had him extend it 5 1/2 inches an it bolts right up.

http://i1067.photobucket.com/albums/u431/Manny_Naia/Mobile%20Uploads/20151231_191449_zpsx0v6yvg0.jpg

Do you think it's possible to use the stock Legacy piping and only the driver side WRX muffler? I held up my WRX muffler to the bumper and it's a very close fit..I was kinda worried about it touching and melting the bumper..

I bought the WRX mufflers to do the swap on my Forester which I no longer have. I measured the spacing on the Forester bumper and it's also 6.5" wide just like the Legacy. I know those guys were trimming the bumper to make it fit properly.

Edited by fullah

• 1 month later...