LegacyGT.com

Anyone Interested in An Aftermarket Exhaust

Are you interested in a aftermarket exhaust?  

200 members have voted

1. 1. Are you interested in a aftermarket exhaust?

What puts a smile on my face is looking at the rear of my wife

At least you have your priorities right. (Did someone just say, "Booty is in the eye of the beholder?")

"If you don't know where you're going, any road will take you there." ~ The Cheshire Cat (Alice in Wonderland)

spacer.png

• Replies 326
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ordered up the Nameless 5 inch option for the 2.5i this morning. I'll be in touch when it's on.

I considered going off the reservation and doing something different with the tips, but it would have been too much hassle. It seemed like the 3" dual outlet from the WRX might work, there was just enough clearance in the bumper cover, but that would have been the easy part since there are multiple dimensions to consider and the Nameless process is pretty much working off a single jig they know to fit perfectly with the 4" tip. So 4" it is.

Ordered up the Nameless 5 inch option for the 2.5i this morning. I'll be in touch when it's on.

I considered going off the reservation and doing something different with the tips, but it would have been too much hassle. It seemed like the 3" dual outlet from the WRX might work, there was just enough clearance in the bumper cover, but that would have been the easy part since there are multiple dimensions to consider and the Nameless process is pretty much working off a single jig they know to fit perfectly with the 4" tip. So 4" it is.

Awesome! Can't wait to hear what this sounds like on a 2.5... I have a buddy of mine at work that is looking into getting the muffler from NP as well that has a 2.5 so it would be great if once your done installing if you can post up a video clip.

• 5 weeks later...
I prefer balance but like everything else it becomes invisible in a short amount of time unless you love laying down sniffing exhausts or have a fedish for Rear ends.😃
Laughing at Oneself and with Other is good for the Soul😆

I think the back end of the 2.5 looks dumb with one exhaust and a plastic cutout. So I suggest we design a fake exhaust to replace the plastic. I expect we can build one for $10 and sell it for $30. Hello Shark Tank....!

Just do it properly. Get yourself a Y-pipe and get a decent exhaust shop to weld up a hanger and install the second muffler on the right.

Cost me $700 but makes me happy very time I look at it :D

I am selling my axleback straight pipe with 4" tip for $150. I used it for less than 500 miles. Sounds good, but too loud for me (I am old now).

You could sell it to me lol but 150 is my price from nameless shipped . Pm me or text me if your seriously interested in selling it 518-796-4884

Whomever the 2.5 axel back straight pipe exhaust is sold to is there anyway the group can get photos of it off the car and sound clips of what it sounds like? Also did performance increase/stay the same / or degrade?

tigger...WOW...$700 just for an exhaust tip to make the rear end look symmetrical??? And I thought I was anal;) I need to live in AUS so I can make an insane amount of money to afford $700 exhaust tips:p

Yes that's for a custom built Y pipe, 2 x sports mufflers and 2 x 4" double wall stainless tips, new mounting bracket for right side and all fitting. You get a bit more of a boxer rumble out of the exhaust and it looks way better.

Plus it cost me $50 to buy the plastic insert and have it professionally painted at a decent crash repairer. So $750 all up.

Yes it's not cheap but I bought the base model and am upgrading it the way I want with bits and pieces over time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

http://i68.tinypic.com/14kfd4h.jpg

Nameless 5 inch axleback for the 2.5i installed. I will add comments here as thoughts come to mind.

Right now I've only driven it around town on ten minute trips. The real test for me is on the highway, which it will see tomorrow.

The unit is light, and the stock muffler is heavy. Right away I know that while this is billed as the "quietest" option, it's still not going to hold a candle to stock; it will be louder; just a question of how and where.

First crank of the ignition and my thought is "whoa". You definitely know its there. Same thing around town. It's not obnoxious or coffee can sounding at all; you just can hear it there in the background. It's always like "hey, don't forget about me, I'm on here".

I don't feel like the flanges met up very well. There is a flange gasket and nuts/bolts supplied, but the nuts were an absolute bear to turn. And there may very well be a hole, as I noticed condensation leaking from the connection. Not much I can do about that at the moment.

It does look good. I wish it were just a hair smaller, but then again, I'm coming from a 2.5i with an exhaust pipe that looked like a drinking straw.

The 2.5 does make plenty of noise on its own and the exhaust complements that, so now there's a kind of symphony of sound happening. I also have snow tires on already, and they're not the quietest things, so I have that to add to the mix.

http://i68.tinypic.com/14kfd4h.jpg

Nameless 5 inch axleback for the 2.5i installed. I will add comments here as thoughts come to mind.

Right now I've only driven it around town on ten minute trips. The real test for me is on the highway, which it will see tomorrow.

The unit is light, and the stock muffler is heavy. Right away I know that while this is billed as the "quietest" option, it's still not going to hold a candle to stock; it will be louder; just a question of how and where.

First crank of the ignition and my thought is "whoa". You definitely know its there. Same thing around town. It's not obnoxious or coffee can sounding at all; you just can hear it there in the background. It's always like "hey, don't forget about me, I'm on here".

I don't feel like the flanges met up very well. There is a flange gasket and nuts/bolts supplied, but the nuts were an absolute bear to turn. And there may very well be a hole, as I noticed condensation leaking from the connection. Not much I can do about that at the moment.

It does look good. I wish it were just a hair smaller, but then again, I'm coming from a 2.5i with an exhaust pipe that looked like a drinking straw.

The 2.5 does make plenty of noise on its own and the exhaust complements that, so now there's a kind of symphony of sound happening. I also have snow tires on already, and they're not the quietest things, so I have that to add to the mix.

Can't wait to hear your further opinions on the exhaust. Awesome 1st impression though. Glad your enjoying it thus far.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've had it on the highway plenty now. It's certainly inoffensive there; you hear it faintly when the car is at 2k-2.5k rpm, which is where I tend to be for most of my drive.

Still wish I could hear my engine wind up; now, I only hear the exhaust instead where I would have been hearing the engine.

Love the sound when the car starts. Turn the key and hello, this is not the same car that rolled off the lot the day I bought it. Deep sound.

Below 2k rpm, it's a low not-quite-drone. I could do without it. That said, you can hear it but it's not loud per se. You won't be pissing off your neighbors for sure.

I need to tweak the lateral position somehow. It's lined up reasonably well in the bumper but does not squarely exit.

I think it will change over time; I don't know how long or in what way, maybe someone with experience with aftermarket exhausts could chime in.