LegacyGT.com

Anyone Interested in An Aftermarket Exhaust

Are you interested in a aftermarket exhaust?  

200 members have voted

1. 1. Are you interested in a aftermarket exhaust?

Kinda sounds like a fart can. Not hearing the sweet G37 sound

To each their own... Sounds a lot better than no sound at all. It for sure will sound much better with a mid-pipe setup as well but it will do for the time being.

You can always go the rout Grnlantern1 did and just slightly modify the Invidia exhaust system from the 5th gen.

• Replies 326
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice work CT2015Legacy!

Personally I find youtube videos of exhausts really difficult to gauge what an exhaust sounds like in the real world. If you're recording on a cell phone and playing back on a PC speaker more than likely you'll lose a lot of the lower frequency aspect to the exhaust note. Also the other thing that's really hard to determine from a video is exactly how loud the exhaust is. I know this from trying to do exhaust clips in the past.

You're almost always better off hearing it in the flesh. Also what is too loud for some people is not enough noise for others so the whole thing is subjective in the end anyway.

Well got some great news today followed by a nice surprise.

Nameless performance will be shipping out my exhaust tomorrow or the day after and I should have it by this weekend!

A nice surprise along with the exhaust arriving by the weekend is they they actually plan on developing a mid-pipe in the near future (date unknown).

• 1 month later...
So has anyone jus bought a stock exhaust from the cat back for a 3.6r from Subaru and put it on a 2.5i? I'm not really into any aftermarket stuff just want it for looks but I want it to be functional also without too many modifications. I know a welder at my job that could weld hangars which is the only thing I would want to modify if possible

In my opinion the Y pipe from the 3.6r helps support the rear mufflers.. The Rear mufflers have 2 hangers only so if you just put a Muffler on it might flop around and make noise..

Can i just insert a non functional pipe such that it looks exactly same as 3.6 for 2.5 i premium. single exhaust looks annoying.

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk

So has anyone jus bought a stock exhaust from the cat back for a 3.6r from Subaru and put it on a 2.5i? I'm not really into any aftermarket stuff just want it for looks but I want it to be functional also without too many modifications. I know a welder at my job that could weld hangars which is the only thing I would want to modify if possible

My local parts department talked me out of it saying it would be too expensive and better off getting a custom exhaust.

Here's the link to the parts for a 2.5 exhaust: http://parts.subaru.com/a/Subaru_2015_Legacy25L-CVT-4WD/_54102_6464121/EXHAUST-EXHAUST--MUFFLER/B15-440-01.html

And the 3.6R exhaust is here: http://parts.subaru.com/a/Subaru_2015_Legacy36L-CVT-4WD/_54102_6464122/EXHAUST-EXHAUST--MUFFLER/B15-440-03.html

It looks like the gasket going from the down-pipe to mid-pipe on the 3.6 and 2.5 is the same part (i.e. same size pipe) so the two exhaust could bolt up.... but I would want to triple check this with a good parts interpreter before going and ordering a complete 3.6 exhaust system.

Likely the rear left muffler on the 2.5 would need to be replaced as there's a slightly different part# on the 3.6. It would be anyones guess what that difference actually relates to.

• 1 month later...

From personal experience it's really hard to capture the exhaust note/volume on a phone camera. Firstly due to the camera microphone all the low frequencies aren't captured properly. Second you end up playing this back through a PC speaker which is pretty average at best. You're much better off finding someone local who has a similar setup and go and hear it in the flesh.

Lastly exhaust sounds are a very subjective thing. Some people will like them louder and others can't bear the level of intrusion.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 3 weeks later...

I contacted Nameless this week, asking about feedback on the 2.5i axleback with 5" mufflers.

They indicated they had yet to sell one...well...that they had sold exactly one, and that they were expecting a video back from the owner.

Is anyone here that person?

I am considering just going for it nonetheless, although I'm left to question how Nameless arrived at a "3/10" sound evaluation without actually having built one.

I am considering just going for it nonetheless, although I'm left to question how Nameless arrived at a "3/10" sound evaluation without actually having built one.

I would say it is based on a different model Legacy possibly the previous gen. Not much if anything has changed with the 2.5 for some time exhaust else so I doubt a newer model would change the sound output.

When I asked them if the 5" product was suitable for a car that is driven for multiple hours at a time on the highway, I did not expect the response "we don't know". Did not instill a ton of confidence in their operation.

When I asked them if the 5" product was suitable for a car that is driven for multiple hours at a time on the highway, I did not expect the response "we don't know". Did not instill a ton of confidence in their operation.

Well that isn't an answer that they can really give you anyways. It's all personal preference; they don't know what you'd consider suitable.

I have the 4" on my 3.6 and it is significantly louder than stock but I don't mind it. 5" is the quietest you could get and if your looking for an after market exhaust that would be most tolerable IMO.

Headers for the 6GEN will be available from Raptor from the end of Oct - early Nov. Will typically deliver some solid torque and power gains. Read about the 5GEN 3.6 owners who have them if this is new information to you

Tradewind I know this is slightly off-topic, however do you know who does headers for the 2.5? Also do you need a (re)tune to get the benefit?

^^^^ +1. Because it puts a smile on your face when you look at the rear of your car.

It won't make you go any faster but if you put sports mufflers on it'll make a bit more noise (stock system is pretty quiet) when you put you foot down.

Any modification will obviously not be covered by manufacturer warranty, though as this is pretty much a cosmetic mod, there's not really anything to void.