LegacyGT.com

Jackal's 20g to 18g e85 Soap Opera

Just finished reading through this entire thread over the last week. Wow.... what a ride! And a really good education. Thanks Jackal for chronicling it all and sharing it with us. Btw, I love all the initiative you've taken with this... no lip service, you get stuff done.

Well done!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Much appreciated! It has been quite the adventure and certainly not without its frustrations, but as you've surely noticed in this saga, the 5th gen community is knowledgeable and supportive and I'm very grateful to all of the members here who have joined and helped my little travelling circus ;)

• Replies 891
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Much appreciated! It has been quite the adventure and certainly not without its frustrations, but as you've surely noticed in this saga, the 5th gen community is knowledgeable and supportive and I'm very grateful to all of the members here who have joined and helped my little travelling circus ;)

Hey, at least it's traveling again!

:spin::spin:

Still waiting on the header. When it failed to arrive last Wednesday, I contacted the shop and they told me there was a delay with their ceramic coater, information that I would have appreciated being conveyed to me. In any case, I just got off the phone with them about 20 minutes ago and they are 'trying to sort things out with the coater' and 'will be in touch shortly'. I'm not holding my breath on that one.

Pretty frustrated by how this has gone. Quite a while ago, SomeZero told me these guys were good but not the best with keeping to a timeline. I would strongly support the timeline statement. I can only hope the quality and workmanship will be less disappointing. I am now on week 9 of what I was told would be 2 weeks ARO. :mad:

^^^ That is just customer abuse. 2 weeks going to 9 and possibly 10 is irresponsible.

"It's within spec" - SOA :rolleyes:

"Depth is only shallowness viewed from the side." - Fredism

"So, how much did it cost for your car to be undriveable :lol:." - Stephen (very close friend)

"You have done so much it would be stupid to go back." - Sunny of Guru Electronics

2018Q50RS | 2015WrxThread | Shrek

So I'm told the header shipped out and I should be seeing it by Wednesday. I haven't received tracking information yet to confirm this so until it arrives at my door, skepticism ensues. But perhaps there is hope....

In other news, I updated my first post of this thread to include a full mod/upgrade list. After completing it, I realized that I had forgotten just how much enabling has taken place in the last 2 years :eek:

Looking forward to seeing the finished product. I thought their initial design left a little to be desired.

Hope you actually have it Wednesday and they aren't just shooing you away.

It came.......

Do I like the design from a flow aspect? :rolleyes:

Am I glad to finally have a method of reliable boost control? :cool:

Probably won't have it installed until later next week as I'm out of town this weekend. Considering it hasn't been truly right for damn near a year, I can manage to wait another week.

1151894888_2016-04-0616_40_27.thumb.jpg.104457717258ed0db50343cc7f8247d3.jpg

766768004_2016-04-0616_40_42.thumb.jpg.6e208666d0846aaa42e462ac96f20bf1.jpg

983456074_2016-04-0616_40_49.thumb.jpg.178481c1d2adac7ee36284233da1830d.jpg

Edited by jackal8788

Boy, the fish eye on your cell phone camera really make those exhaust port flanges look not parallel.

Yeah, I know it. I did set in on one of the kitchen counters and it certainly seems that they are flat and parallel so hopefully this was just the distortion of the image as you noted.

Is it just me that thinks this thing is gonna drag the ground, just by looks of course. I hope it looks much better installed and works better!

I know - it looks weird right? I was able to find some pics from SomeZero's build thread when he had it installed and it looked to be okay. I know m1cha3l is also running one of their headers so at least I won't be the pioneer on this one...

How is this one revised from his? Looks like they still took each side and ran them together again, I still don't understand why they didn't decide to change it a bit more since since firing order is 1>3>2>4 to help with efficiency. However it definitely will work and solve your problem. Glad it worked out and you weren't drug out longer on your wait time.

I'm gonna say an extra 25hp/40tq...😀

How is this one revised from his? Looks like they still took each side and ran them together again, I still don't understand why they didn't decide to change it a bit more since since firing order is 1>3>2>4 to help with efficiency. However it definitely will work and solve your problem. Glad it worked out and you weren't drug out longer on your wait time.

I'm gonna say an extra 25hp/40tq...😀

I'm right there with ya S2 - I really don't know how it changed. Comparing a few pics of the old one (SomeZero's) and mine, there doesn't appear to be much difference - maybe the turbo flange is thinner on mine :spin:

He didn't have his coated and he went with a 44mm wastegate as opposed to my 38mm but otherwise.....:iam:

uploadfromtaptalk1392153304102.thumb.jpg.80836b7c56ada2af8096c9f1b24a6ed5.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1392153345482.thumb.jpg.1721c186fbebcb7631977631666e6fee.jpg

103994441_2016-04-0616_40_27.thumb.jpg.deca4d07bba029ade9bbb310eb4e5c66.jpg

609905674_2016-04-0616_40_49.thumb.jpg.c78b3759986b90fb94f4b0d48c1d1c31.jpg

I'm glad it turned out well for you in the end. I don't see how you weren't flipping shit by the end of it.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

I think 5 or 10 years ago I probably would've been. I had to remind myself that it took me 29 years to acquire a fifth gen LGT so what's a few weeks here or there to give it a little TLC? ;)

PS - do you have any larger shots of your car on here? It looks pretty mean from what I can glean in that Wheat Thin-sized avatar pic.

Edited by jackal8788

I think 5 or 10 years ago I probably would've been. I had to remind myself that it took me 29 years to acquire a fifth gen LGT so what's a few weeks here or there to give it a little TLC? ;)

PS - do you have any larger shots of your car on here? It looks pretty mean from what I can glean in that Wheat Thin-sized avatar pic.

it looks like Cjcapaldi's former 5th gen

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/mi-2010-legacy-gt-ruby-red-pearl-241825.html?t=241825