LegacyGT.com

Jackal's 20g to 18g e85 Soap Opera

It's largely a problem of resonance in the fuel lines on the GRB. They've tried to fix this via the EL comp tables but they can be improved on. The fuel lines on the plastic manifolds have far fewer vices.

Sent from a device using some software.

Obligatory '[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/2008-gh8-238668.html?t=238668"]build thread[/URL]' Increased capacity to 2.7 liters, still turbo, but no longer need spark plugs.

• Replies 891
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One of the tuners near me has tried every single possible hardware and tuning table fix, and the one he has had the most success with is the fuel line mod to change the resonance from the stock dampers/regulator.

Nuisance. Not WOT, just small throttle inputs, or balanced throttle at 2600-3400 rpms. It's not a lean condition, the injectors are just affected by the pulsing frequency of the fuel pump or pressure regulator.

Yep that sounds like what I experience.

So as part of my attempt to be as proactive as possible and not have any problems when I get things put together, I decided to verify the cracking pressure of the wastegate. I applied pressure at one of the three 'low' ports which are all pressure ports and found that it cracks at about 22 PSI. I have springs installed for a 14.5 PSI crack. Obviously there is additional opening force on the valve generated from exhaust pressure which I can't simulate in a static test. Does anyone know if this is about right for a static cracking pressure? fahr_side, this is probably most directed at you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sounds a bit high to me.

Obligatory '[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/2008-gh8-238668.html?t=238668"]build thread[/URL]' Increased capacity to 2.7 liters, still turbo, but no longer need spark plugs.

Yet another piece of my puzzle fell into place yesterday with the arrival of this fine piece. After discussion with fahr_side, I've decided to tack weld the flapper door as opposed to using a bracket. That said, I'm wondering the best place to do this. I know I can obviously tack the door itself but I'm wondering if tacking the actuator arm instead might be a little easier to 'undo' if I ever sell the turbo to someone who doesn't want EWG.

Thoughts?

1056549068_2016-02-0218_23_56.thumb.jpg.725d3ec91a9d49ef1c082c92b04c5867.jpg

Capture.JPG.8107bcae1242881aa95419ccdf8ddac9.JPG

The flapper is much easier to undo!

I know this is a silly question. On a ewg setup like that is the wg actuator in the dp? Are you saying you want to weld the door open? Sorry just a bit confused on the whole ewg thing.

He's talking about welding it closed so he can used an external waste gate on the DP.

I think there is some confusion about how an EWG functions. It has nothing to do with a downpipe.

I know this is a silly question. On a ewg setup like that is the wg actuator in the dp? Are you saying you want to weld the door open? Sorry just a bit confused on the whole ewg thing.

I want to weld my internal wastegate door/flapper closed so no exhaust leaks by the turbine. The new EWG is going to be located at the collector of the header just before the entrance into the turbo hotside.