LegacyGT.com

Jackal's 20g to 18g e85 Soap Opera

Told ya that eg dump would wear on you soon 😂

For me, it eventually made me not even want to get on the gas. I had a little t28 that built boost quick so the lightest throttle....

BRAAAAAAAAP!

Car just screaming! I'm sitting there like😖 jeez, I didn't ask for all that.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

• Replies 891
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, I know that's an option too. I guess I'm not quite at the point of hating the noise. It is still fun but starting to wear thin. For me, I'd like to just tame it a little bit so it isn't quite so brash.

I make a bet with myself everytime someone installs their first EWG, on how long it will be before they have the dump welded back into the downpipe or ditch the whole thing. I think the average is about 3 weeks. Slightly longer if single, can be much less if married!

Obligatory '[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/2008-gh8-238668.html?t=238668"]build thread[/URL]' Increased capacity to 2.7 liters, still turbo, but no longer need spark plugs.

I make a bet with myself everytime someone installs their first EWG, on how long it will be before they have the dump welded back into the downpipe or ditch the whole thing. I think the average is about 3 weeks. Slightly longer if single, can be much less if married!

Do I get extra credit for holding out this long as a married man? :lol:

I'm married and it's been over 2 years with the EWG. Guess that makes me the exception to the rule.

Then again the fact that it's not a DD might exclude me from the "contest".

Do I get extra credit for holding out this long as a married man? :lol:

Indeed you do! That's pretty tolerant.

I'm married and it's been over 2 years with the EWG. Guess that makes me the exception to the rule.

Then again the fact that it's not a DD might exclude me from the "contest".

Mine wouldn't have put up with that for two minutes, let alone two years, but then she also doesn't ride in my car very often. The 'oh shit' handles don't give her enough sense of security. Maybe I have to upgrade those.

Sent from a device using some software.

Obligatory '[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/2008-gh8-238668.html?t=238668"]build thread[/URL]' Increased capacity to 2.7 liters, still turbo, but no longer need spark plugs.

Glad you made it though! You did a nice job summarizing ~60 pages into a few astute observations as well :)

As for the EWG header, ETS makes (or made - I don't know if they even offer it any longer) a header that is basically the stock design but with 2 wastegates on it, one tied to each set of runners. ebo3 is running this. It's a very nice design but it doesn't (or didn't) come cheap.

acumenhokie has a custom piece that was a one-off.

M1cha3l, SomeZero, and myself are all running the Six Star header (at least SomeZero was at one point). AFAIK, they are the only other shop that offers this so doing something custom is probably your other option. If you do want to consider Six Star, shoot me a PM.

Not sure if there are any others on here I've missed but the number of 5th gens with EWG are very, very low and options are very, very limited.

ETS no longer makes a 5th gen manifold. I think the dual MV-S wastegates are very tolerable from a sound standpoint.

In other news, the Baja will have an EWG within the next month.👹

Edited by ebo03

Mine wouldn't have put up with that for two minutes, let alone two years, but then she also doesn't ride in my car very often.

My wife doesn't either although she did the other day. Her comment was, "it doesn't smell as much like gas as it used to". Thanks e85! :lol:

• 5 months later...

Just wanted to jump on and say hello to all my 5th genners. I can't believe how much time has snuck past since I've been on here :eek:

In any case, I haven't got much to report. The car rolled past 89k about a week ago and is still running flawlessly. I will probably be putting my winter setup on this coming weekend but beyond that, there are no other plans for upgrades and (thankfully) no mysterious issues that will consume my time and liquid cash supply.

Hope you're all doing well, my friends ;)

• 3 years later...

Guys...I do appreciate the time and effort and information that has been gain thus far for all on the BM/BR platform. However, as we are in this thought of trend....for those of us, who has an FaceBook account...feel free to visit this dude that does 3D manifold creations; which is just beauty in my opinion, and staying true to form and fashion, he has done a 3D aftermarket manifold with the provisions for an 'EWG' and also to accommodate an BorgWarner EFR6758 Turbo. He has a total kit from Headers to Exhaust at a cost of USD $2,900. Yeah...It's hot, but it's very good quality. However notwithstanding the current Global situation...maybe whosoever would like to purchase a kit from him (iq_performance) maybe one can negotiate a better price.

Just want to share with the fifth Gen community.

Regards,

ICE7

Guys...I do appreciate the time and effort and information that has been gain thus far for all on the BM/BR platform. However, as we are in this thought of trend....for those of us, who has an FaceBook account...feel free to visit this dude that does 3D manifold creations; which is just beauty in my opinion, and staying true to form and fashion, he has done a 3D aftermarket manifold with the provisions for an 'EWG' and also to accommodate an BorgWarner EFR6758 Turbo. He has a total kit from Headers to Exhaust at a cost of USD $2,900. Yeah...It's hot, but it's very good quality. However notwithstanding the current Global situation...maybe whosoever would like to purchase a kit from him (iq_performance) maybe one can negotiate a better price.

Just want to share with the fifth Gen community.

Regards,

ICE7

Can you provide a link? I only find a page based out of Atlanta, georgia called IQ performance.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Can you provide a link? I only find a page based out of Atlanta, georgia called IQ performance.

No problem pal...I'll see if I can assist in that area during the day. However...if you are not finding him on FaceBook...you can always search for him on Instagram as IQ Performance.

I also tried to upload some pictures, so you all can understand what i'm saying.

Screenshot_20190711-135258__01.thumb.jpg.7be5e52fa458b187886dccfc44758f11.jpg

Screenshot_20190619-141527.thumb.jpg.8b12b3bbb93968aee8301034b011eef9.jpg

Screenshot_20200412-084134.thumb.jpg.49b22a10f116a4bf83e3643a46e5b694.jpg

Screenshot_20190619-141127.thumb.jpg.be27e34e9bc0b900222c01faa3403c84.jpg

No problem pal...I'll see if I can assist in that area during the day. However...if you are not finding him on FaceBook...you can always search for him on Instagram as IQ Performance.

I also tried to upload some pictures, so you all can understand what i'm saying.

I dont have instagram,and have no interest in another SM account. Thanks!

ok guys..you can try these links provided. He has a website...to which i hope you can see his work and he also has an ebay store.

eBay Link: eBay.com/str/iqperformanceexhaustsystems

And a other link

en.iq-performance.com

I hope one of these link work for you all. FYI... I don't in anyway work for this dude, i just saw his page on Instagram and know that his work will be a plus for us.

Edited by ICE7

The ebay store page should open to this picture that I've uploaded.

73132044_Screenshot_ebaystore.thumb.jpg.e14363e956f59fe727c03b938330197d.jpg

BorgWarner EFR6758 Turbo

Meh. 7163 or don’t bother. And don’t forget the exhaust cams.

• 2 weeks later...
The ebay store page should open to this picture that I've uploaded.
Have you or anyone else tried the split flow catless j-pipe from iq_performance?

I'm thinking hard about buying one on eBay right now.

A review would be nice.

Thanks

Sent from my Mi 9T Pro using Tapatalk

Edited by kingsebastian

• 2 months later...