LegacyGT.com

Parental Advice Thread

jasejase

• 3 months later...
  • Replies 918
  • Created
  • Last Reply
We have the Ubi diaper pail. To a couple of noobs with a two month old, it seems fine. No complaints. Smells some when it is opened for bag replacement but that is to be expected. It takes ordinary trash bags and is made of steel so it doesn't absorb odor as bad as plastic.

Discipline them. Make sure they know who is in charge. I work really diligently to make sure my kids behave appropriately. It makes me proud when I get compliments on their behavior. They know they're going to be punished when they do something wrong

^Only works when both parents are on the same page. My daughter behaves completely differently with me than the ex. Idle threats don't mean much. Do what you say and say what you expect.

Treat them with respect you'll get he same in return. Letting them walk all over you is not the way.

^Only works when both parents are on the same page. My daughter behaves completely differently with me than the ex. Idle threats don't mean much. Do what you say and say what you expect.

Treat them with respect you'll get he same in return. Letting them walk all over you is not the way.

I had this issue when my ex and I split. Mom has no rules, literally not a single one, daughter does and gets whatever she wants. At my house I have rules, not strict but basic ones. Take your plate to the kitchen when your done, clean up the toys you get out, no candy for dinner, bed time at 10 on school nights, those kinda things. After about a year she learned the 2 different houses and is perfect at mine and mom bitches to me about what a brat our daughter is :lol: The best thing I found out in this situation, no empty threats, follow through with everything you say you will and kids will learn your serious, dont clean up, toy is gone. You let them win one time, and they run with it.

I have two daughters; an 18 month old and one who is turning 4 next month. This thread is pretty hilarious as it captures a lot of little things I never have anybody to talk to about. None of my guy friends have babies yet.

I have a diaper genie and it's nice because it fits in a very small corner in the small baby room. But DAMN does my soul die a little when its opened and that stench is unleased. It's like in Indiana Jones Raiders of the Lost Ark when the Nazi guy opens the Ark:

http://photos1.blogger.com/blogger/2088/2881/1600/indiana%20jones%20raiders%20lost%20ark_Image33.jpg

So money is always difficult with families. Back when I was single I had a modified E36 M3, and life was easy.

But now I have been supporting my wife through Nursing school as well as paying the mortgage, food bills, college saving account, student loans, etc. I don't know how people can get by making average salaries. I have a great job, but there is never enough money! Definitely nothing for car mods...just reliable transportation. Hopefully Hicksta's car proves reliable. I bought it because of his reputation and useful mods.

So my daughter and I are watching cartoons. Mostly she's watching and I'm a zombie. She was 20 months or so and talking.

I notice out of my peripheral she's fishing in her diaper.

She didn't have the glazed over stare or pushing so I knew she had not loaded up yet.

I ask, "caught anything yet?"

Her reply, pulling her hand out, "Smell my thumb."

"Nooooo, Cochina" grabbing her forearm and walking her to the bathroom to wash up.

Ya just never know what to expect. Little fresh brain matter will surprise when you least expect it.

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah, you certainly forget about the most important one.. .Number 11: You're baby never sleeps in your bed.

Our kid is just about 2, and he's never even slept in the same room. Boundaries are important for your child's development and your marriage.

Ours has only slept with us a handful of times, it was usually when he had a bad bout of ear infection and it wasn't for the entire night. It's been a year since, he'll be two on Halloween. He is definitely trained well, sleeps by himself just fine but sometimes takes a while to put him to bed.

Oh, and thanks for those images, hilarous website.

^^^ This may end up biting me in the rear one day, but since our kid was about 4-5 months old, he has slept through the night. When I say sleep through the night, I mean, down at 730 pm, and up between 730 and 930 AM.. Whatever time WE wake him up. He's just about two, and is still sleeping this way. So between 12-14 hours straight.

OH, and he takes a 3 hour and change nap every after noon!

LOL

We asked our pediatrician about it, and he laughed at us... He said that this is a problem that we want to have! :) (considering he is healthy in every other way, he didn't see any issue with his sleep pattern)

Archived