LegacyGT.com

Parental Advice Thread

jasejase

• Moderators
Your definitions are wrong. Mine are the only ones that are right.

There is no better reason for existence on earth. Sex doesn't come close (take note CT08).

Maybe, but your dancer wife is apparently bad in bed :rolleyes: Or maybe it's you? :iam:

"Bullet-proof" your OEM TMIC! <<Buy your kit here>>

Not currently in stock :(

• Replies 918
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Also - don't think your too good for hand me down clothes if your friends and family offer. Especially for 2 years and under. Kids grow out of clothes pretty quickly, and every baby is a different size. So what you may have bought, may not be the best fit for the kid... So use some hand-me downs to experiment as to what fits the best etc. Resist the urge to head to Baby Gap and pay $30 for a onesie too. It's really not worth it. I mean, a couple special things are fine to buy, but every time I see peoples kids fitted with the 'best' stuff, it makes me chuckle.

Quick lesson's.

Treat the child as you'd like to treated. When they are old enough to understand, tell them that.

You'd be surprised how young they understand.

We told my son what good behavior. Then we told him, "lifes about choices, you need to learn how to make the right choice".

To enforce that, when your bad, the punshinment is "you pick the toy you no longer want, that toy will be thrown away. All it took was one toy.

Fast forward to age 19, he's driving the 2007 Chevy 3500 duelly he bought towing the race car, in the back seat are two of his school buddies. They are talking about something. My son say's, "guy's, lifes about choices, you need to learn how to make the right choise".

Yes they can understand and learn from a young age.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

Get up with your spouse for middle of the night feedings. 19 years later and it still means the world that he did it. We'd play backgammon until the baby went back to sleep.

Alternate weekend mornings. I got to sleep in Saturdays, he got to sleep in Sundays.

Get up with your spouse for middle of the night feedings. 19 years later and it still means the world that he did it. We'd play backgammon until the baby went back to sleep.

Alternate weekend mornings. I got to sleep in Saturdays, he got to sleep in Sundays.

I asked the wife and she gets up feeds puts the kid back to sleep and comes to bed. No fuss and I can not be sleepy at work making $.

I asked the wife and she gets up feeds puts the kid back to sleep and comes to bed. No fuss and I can not be sleepy at work making $.

This is true. My wife took 4 months off. I took off about a month. In that first month, we split everything. After that, she got most of the night feedings for the next 3 months. The fifth month sucked as he was still waking up... After 2-3 weeks of that, we let him cry it out. Worked GREAT.

I had to get up and not be sleepy at work too. And at the time I made twice his income. We shared the responsibility. 100%.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

This is true. My wife took 4 months off. I took off about a month. In that first month, we split everything. After that, she got most of the night feedings for the next 3 months. The fifth month sucked as he was still waking up... After 2-3 weeks of that, we let him cry it out. Worked GREAT.

I had 6 weeks, then back to work. And 100%, after 3-4 months, we let her cry it out. Lasted a couple of nights, and that was it!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

It's funny when you tell some people about the cry it out method.... They look at you like you are evil.

As with pets, people have a huge misconception as to what a baby needs. They think that putting the baby in their bed, and/or catering to their every whimper, is somehow helping it. The baby actually wants and needs to sleep at night. However it's a baby, it doesn't have the skill set to know how to do everything. It's looking to us to teach it. Letting your baby cry through the night to learn how to cope, isn't an evil thing. It's teaching your baby and giving it the tools that it needs. Sleeping is such a huge part of their development. You are giving it the ability to grow and develop more efficiently, while learning how to self-soothe at the same time.

In addition, your baby will be much happier. More sleep, equals a happier baby, and happier parents. It's a win-win!

Obviously there are some medical guidelines as to how soon you can do this. Some pediatricians will tell you that there is a minimal weight, and others will tell you that there's a minimum age. I believe 10 or 12 pounds is the general census. Check with your pediatrician.

Not sure if I follow you. However, you shouldn't let them cry it out all the time. Only when sleep training, when they're old enough. If your baby cries in the middle the day, there is likely something wrong. Crying is their form of communication at this point.

You also figure out what a hungry cry is versus a painful cry. It's all part of the package. LOL

Lol

That's me.

Finding a solid pediatrician is a good chunk of the battle as well. We spent a lot of time researching our choice of pediatrician. We could not be happier. In addition to what seems to be countless hours of reading and research (in order to be educated parents), he provided us with a good amount of information as well. He was actually the last push we needed to let him cry it out.

Good thought process there, jasejase. It's can be painful but you have to know when it's ok to let them cry.

It really doesn't last that long.

I can't tell you how fast time goes by. I can't believe my son son is as old as he is, April 1987 dosen't seem that long ago.

Take lots of pictures and videos, I have pictures my son in the same chair every year for a number of years.

I can't stress enough, you have know idea how fast the next 20 years are going to fly by. Treasure every monent.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

Archived