LegacyGT.com

thisisthenewsic quest for 600+whp

Is this what's meant with a "rotated" set-up?

When you look at our turbo's and then see how some custom set ups have the turbo inlet rotated to the passenger side, you'll understand.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Reversed intake manifold is the way to go for short piping to your FMIC or v-mount. It's neat because all you've got to do is turn it around, everything lines up. Problems arise with A/C and alternator mounting, but nothing a couple of brackets (or rolling the windows down) won't fix. This is not doing it wrong :lol:

Must feel great to have it back on the road after the build! How are the cold starts?

LW's spec. B / YT / IG

When you look at our turbo's and then see how some custom set ups have the turbo inlet rotated to the passenger side, you'll understand.

I always thought (assumed) it was just the turbo, but when I saw the whole manifold on backwards started to doubt what rotated meant.

Very cool car OP.

Reversed intake manifold is the way to go for short piping to your FMIC or v-mount. It's neat because all you've got to do is turn it around, everything lines up. Problems arise with A/C and alternator mounting, but nothing a couple of brackets (or rolling the windows down) won't fix. This is not doing it wrong :lol:

Must feel great to have it back on the road after the build! How are the cold starts?

it is definitely nice to be able to actually drive it again. car has been parked and havent had time to put miles on it because I'm going through the process of buying a house so that, work and school is consuming all my time. soon enough though ill start putting some mileage on the motor to get her ready for the tune.

car starts right up on 91. no hesitation. e85, in the cold will be a whole different story lol.

I always thought (assumed) it was just the turbo, but when I saw the whole manifold on backwards started to doubt what rotated meant.

Very cool car OP.

thanks!

I've been following the thread for a while now. just waiting for complete axles to be completed and be done with this house purchase so the bank isn't snooping in my bank account. lol!

• 1 month later...

sorry for no updates. car is running good right now. 2150cc injectors don't like 91 tho. lol

running at 1% duty cycle and pretty rich at idle(12.6) and cruise 13.8. once on e85. ill be good. haven't had time to get it tuned as my bank account has been on lock down during my home purchase.

should be getting the keys this week. so soon ill be able to get her out to tune.

• 3 months later...

Car finally got finished and tuned

Tuned on saturday by shaun church.

http://i669.photobucket.com/albums/vv57/codynicot/Mobile%20Uploads/20150509_153322_zps2dd57b07.jpg

Maps are 91 20psi

E85 20,26,32psi

At 32psi the .91ar exhaust housing started to be restrictive. Most likely would have hit or came close to 600 if i went 1.00 or 1.10 ar but torque would have moved to the right

Car drives amazing and drives like stock up until you hit boost.

Very very happy with the outcome.

On the way home from the tune. I had to tow the car home, driving and smell/see smoke. Pulled over and driver inner cv boot checked out lol. Towed home cuz id rather not start a fire lol.

Aaa must love me because i get my use out of my 4 100 mile tows per year free lol

I was going to say, it must feel great to be back in the drivers seat.

Enjoy it. I still enjoy my wagon every day.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

Wowza! Nice car dude!! Glad it's up and running!
thanks

Running the Extreme Speed trials or something else? Always like to see LGT on the track. :-)

Extreme speed,redline time attack, ect. Depends on the event, location and my work schedule. Would like to atleast attend 4 track days a year.. if not more depending on cash flow n work schedule

nice! upwards of 250WTQ and 200WHP by 3500 RPM! and then it just goooooes

Yup. Its nice cuz its enough power to still get up around town. But when you wanna lay it down its there.

I dont really drive like a dick on the street. Too much too lose. Normally occasional pulls getting on the freeway is really as much as i do. Lol

• 5 months later...

Awesome build, thank you for sharing!

If you don't mind me asking:

Why did you not WPC the cylinder bores?

(wouldn't it be helpful?)

What Piston-Wall clearance have you decided on running?

And,

where did you get that nice front grill?

(I am looking for one for my current built - trying to get more air though.)

Thanks!

Archived