LegacyGT.com

thisisthenewsic quest for 600+whp

sorry for not updating. took car to the track in september. auto club speedway infield course. ran on the 20psi map and wow, even on that map the car is fast. didn't have time to get my rear track pads installed since they were sent to me and pad material is too think so pads don't fit in the caliper. just need to get them sanded down to fit. also suspension wasn't set up yet(corner balanced) so car was kinda all over the place.

all in all, car ran great. held up to the abuse and hopefully it'll stay that way for many more track events to come.

ill post up some pics soon

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Me either. Anyone can go fast in a straight line.

It takes skill to manage speed and power around corners.

I'm a fan of circuit & road racing over drag, too... but saying it takes no skill to drive a serious race car is just wrong. Just cause you don't like it, or can't do it, doesn't mean you should put it down :)

LW's spec. B / YT / IG

• 3 months later...

I hope this excites you. Gentlemen from Aussieland jsut paired his setup with that EXACT turbo.

502 @28psi e85 run. Kept blowing off hoses when shooting for 30+. You have more head work done then him iirc but your builds otherwise are practically identical. Just this is a bottom mount on a 5thgen is all. I don't care what application the EFR is going in you're going to be thrilled over the 8375.

Do you have a 6spd?

Any issues with heat at the track / how do you monitor temps?

yes 05 sti 6 speed and rear diff. custom 2 piece driveshaft and spec b rear axles.

car runs super cool on the freeway cruising even with the thermostatic oil plate. track temps were great, i could run hard for 5-7 laps before engine temps got to the 3/4 mark and i would come in. temps around 225-230 max. i have the defi gauge pod in the dash specifically for the lgt. has boost oil temp and oil pressure.

I hope this excites you. Gentlemen from Aussieland jsut paired his setup with that EXACT turbo.

502 @28psi e85 run. Kept blowing off hoses when shooting for 30+. You have more head work done then him iirc but your builds otherwise are practically identical. Just this is a bottom mount on a 5thgen is all. I don't care what application the EFR is going in you're going to be thrilled over the 8375.

I'm very excited. i wanted the efr to begin with but tried to save some money then. should have just done it to begin with but at least I'm doing it now. im hoping going from the 8375 .91 to the 7670 1.05 to gain a little bit of spool, but mainly get better response due to the lighter turbine wheel. we shall see :)

also dropping the car off at kognition in the next few weeks for him to take measurements for the custom chassis mounted wing for my car.

• 3 months later...

new efr 7670 1.05a/r

http://i669.photobucket.com/albums/vv57/codynicot/efr_zps1gdwmz1e.jpg

and my chassis mounted wing.

http://i669.photobucket.com/albums/vv57/codynicot/wing1_zpsobsm7lcq.jpg

http://i669.photobucket.com/albums/vv57/codynicot/wing2_zpssozh3ati.jpg

http://i669.photobucket.com/albums/vv57/codynicot/wingmounts_zps8i9m0khy.jpg

Custom made by kognition. 72" wingspan. I had him make it with his quick release kit. So there is 3 pins on each mount to remove the upper half of the wing. Even tho I really don't use my trunk that much. I haven't tested it out yet. But I know it's going to make a huge difference in grip and handling. These wings are proven by a few big makes in time attack. Gst impreza L is one of them.

• 6 months later...
  • 1 month later...

There's nothing I've found about exterior mods... I'm assuming your front bumper is aftermarket, of the jam variety... but hoping it's stock with the middle pillar removed??

If its the latter, what page number about did you do that mod?

Epic fkn Leggo man.. mine is blue with envy... and well it's also just blue all the time

Archived