LegacyGT.com

Perrin 2015 WRX Brass Shifter Bushing

I've spoken to Perrin on many occasions. Their web guy takes a long time to update their site for some reason and things tend to fall thru cracks on this "fitment" topic. They are aware that it fits the 2010+ Legacy 6MT.

• Replies 488
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Are you installing this shifter stop?

http://perrinperformance.com/i-19229535-shifter-stop-for-2015-wrx.html

Perrin website says it won't fit the LGT. Please let me know how it works for you.

I'll likely do the clutch damper delete first but like GTeaser said Perrin is not the best at listing all of the cars their parts will actually fit on their fitment lists.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
Finally got around to installing this tonight. Great, cheap and easy mod. Going to pair this with the shift stop and the short throw kit and should (finally) have a decent shift feel.

• 11 months later...
I didn't notice this washer business until after the fact of course. It seems tight enough without it, but will I be okay to drive without the washer installed until it comes in?

Without the washer you're relying solely on the pin to keep things together, and the pin isn't large enough to keep the cable hoop on properly. The shoulder on the bushing should be toward the transmission, and the washer is actually what holds the hoop on, and the pin retains the washer. I wouldn't drive it until you get the washer, you may end up stranded if the cable hoop comes off the bushing.

Ohh fudge, looks like I'm omw to the hardware store.

That will be temporary, and you may have to drill out the center of a fender washer. Order the correct one from Subaru.

Your temporary washer should have an 8mm ID and minimum 25mm OD.

I also noticed that I didn't have a cover to remove. Is that something my particular vehicle just did not come with? Did the previous owner remove and never put back in? If mine didnt come with it, if I want to put one on, will my vin number not show one on the build sheet? Does anyone know the part number for the shield and the hardware?

I used a fender washer and no issues with it. It is just to hold the cable on as long as it is a nice thick washer you wont have any issues. I also made sure to lube it all up good.

I believe the washer is for the 2015 wrx can anyone confirm?

Not everyone has the cover plate. It's probably not necessary. If you don't have one, maybe just remember to remove and lube the bushing every 30k miles along with your tranny fluid change to clear it of any road contaminates and grit.

Archived