LegacyGT.com

Perrin 2015 WRX Brass Shifter Bushing

As long as you don't drop any of the screws down inside the shifter box, it's pretty straightforward. It can be a little fiddly trying to get both the 1-2 stop and the 5-6 stop to stay where you want them long enough to get them tight, but it's not difficult.

note to self, use magnetic tools when attempting this. With my luck, i'll drop a screw and ruin the transmission.

• Replies 488
  • Created
  • Last Reply
note to self, use magnetic tools when attempting this. With my luck, i'll drop a screw and ruin the transmission.

I think you'll be fine. What I like about the Perrin shifter mods are that they come with pretty good instructions. Only the short shift adapter was a pain, and that was because of the damned roll pin :lol:. If you do end up installing that part also, make sure to have an extra long punch to get the pin out

I think you'll be fine. What I like about the Perrin shifter mods are that they come with pretty good instructions. Only the short shift adapter was a pain, and that was because of the damned roll pin :lol:. If you do end up installing that part also, make sure to have an extra long punch to get the pin out

Agreed. don't even attempt without the correct punch.

Im terrible at wrenching but the shift stop was really easy to install. Honestly for me its harder to remove the center console without breaking the plastic clips than it is to actually install the shift stop.

So, you just use brute force? no tools to get out the center console.

Well I did the Perrin Brass Bearing. Loved that mod.

Did the Perrin Short Shifter. Now it is like a different car altogether. A must-do mod.

I ordered the Perrin Shift Stop and expect that to be the icing on the cake.

Now the question is do I do the Clutch Damper Delete. Is it a mod too far?

Who does not have this? Anyone had it and went back?

Don't want to be greedy on the mods.

So, you just use brute force? no tools to get out the center console.

Yeah its pretty easy. Just unscrew the shift knob take out that rubber piece in the space under the radio. Grab the underside of the outer rim of the shift boot and pull once you get it popped out the rest should pop out easily just work your way back from the shift boot to the armrest. Just be careful not to yank the wires that plug into the heated seat switches.

Not even one naysayer on the clutch damper delete?? It is reversible in case I'm the oddball one that doesn't like it

Its just removing the damper and installing a line union, perfectly reversible. But once you have it done, you'll probably enjoy the predictable engagement point on the clutch that you won't want to spend the time and energy to go back.

clutch feels ok now

You've just convinced yourself that it feels okay, it's not really okay.

1) are you able to do perfectly rev matched heel-toe down shifts?

2) do you feel like a manual transmission noob in parking lots often?

3) are your upshifts jerky when just cruising in traffic?

If you answered yes to any of these,.....the clutch damper delete will make your GT feel like you suddenly connected your brain to your car.

1. I can't do them and don't understand the usefulness...care to explain?

2. This happens especially during spirited driving in traffic, you will especially notice the floaty engagement if you try to launch at all.

3. Still happens sometimes...not sure there is a fix although blipping the throttle helps.

You've just convinced yourself that it feels okay, it's not really okay.

1) are you able to do perfectly rev matched heel-toe down shifts?

2) do you feel like a manual transmission noob in parking lots often?

3) are your upshifts jerky when just cruising in traffic?

If you answered yes to any of these,.....the clutch damper delete will make your GT feel like you suddenly connected your brain to your car.

These plus I hear it helps prolong the life of the clutch make it sound like a winner. i'm all for saving money in the long run.

The clutch damper is shit, friction point is all over the joint. I can jump into my Skyline and drive so smoothly (heel-toe without issue), jump back into the Subaru and drive like I just saw a third pedal for the first time. I can't wait to get rid of it on my car, just waiting for rear brake pads (then doing it in one hit). I also have this brass bush to throw in. Yes I am lazy :p

1. I can't do them and don't understand the usefulness...care to explain? Basically only useful in a track situation but fun to use for those long on ramps with a sharp corner befoe the highway.

2. This happens especially during spirited driving in traffic, you will especially notice the floaty engagement if you try to launch at all.

3. Still happens sometimes...not sure there is a fix although blipping the throttle helps.

Heel/toe downshifting is useful pretty much any time you need to brake before accelerating without stopping, so turn lanes, on ramps, bends on back roads etc. If you do it all the time in situations like that just for fun, it becomes second nature to drop two gears and engine brake hard if you have to slam on the brakes.

Also, it makes you look like a badass if one of your MT-driving passengers notices you doing it.

Something about seeing my fkc and fbkc spike when engine braking has convinced me to just use the brakes, lol.

Maybe just something I will have to play with when I find a good spot, all my on ramps are long sweeps full of slow phonebooth drivers...

Maybe someone else can explain it better, but my understanding is it is what the ecu is seeing from the knock sensor and deeming knock and if it goes on long or hard enough the ecu will correct it with timing/fuel adjustments until it stops or is acceptable again.

Here you go:

http://www.cobbtuning.com/subaru-knock-monitoring-and-dit-knock-logic-changes/

• 2 months later...

Just got this from Perrin.

Dear Valued PERRIN Performance Client,

According to our records, you purchased one or more Solid Shifter Bushing Sets (PT# PSPINR016 CLICK HERE for more product info) directly from ASMC, Ltd. dba PERRIN Performance. We want to again thank you for your business!

These Solid Shifter Bushings reduce the sloppy feeling during quick gear changes, giving the driver a more precise feel when shifting, especially through the crucial second-to-third shift. The bushings are solid brass with specifically placed O-rings that eliminate slop but allow for natural drivetrain movement.

PERRIN Performance has recently learned that the brass in the bushings contains a small amount of lead. PERRIN Performance does not believe the lead in the product poses a risk to anyone. In an abundance of caution, PERRIN Performance is providing you with the following warning authorized by California’s Proposition 65:

http://perrinperformance.com/files/images/warning_sign_30x27.jpg

WARNING: This product can expose you to chemicals, including Lead, which are known to the State of California to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm. For more information go to http://www.P65Warnings.ca.gov

If you have any questions about this letter, please feel free to email me directly at: Adam.Taft@PERRIN.com

Your business is sincerely appreciated and we look forward to earning it again and again. Kindly let me or my staff know how we can help in anyway.

Happy Holidays!

Adam Taft

President / CEO

ASMC, LTD.

PERRIN Performance

3111 NE Shute Rd.

Hillsboro, OR 97124

503-693-1702 voice

503-693-1782 fax

Archived