LegacyGT.com

2016 hopes & wishes but ultimately disappointment thread

SCHM1AN

• Replies 306
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Let's see... Legacy introduced in 1989, add 50 years,....

Hmm, I don't think 2019 is quite right. The math works better for 2039.

Subaru doesn't want to overshadow the WRX by introducing the Legacy GT now, so they'll wait for the refresh, after the WRX shine starts to fade a bit.

I thought they released a 30th anniversary edition in 1999. Maybe they are going off the global date of something. Probably not the legacy though. By the time 2019 rolls around the WRX will probably be as big as the current legacy anyway. :lol:

It's those 3" pieces of plastic that make or break the design of a car. I think the 2015 would look much better if it wasn't for the split front and back side windows.

That's because, sadly, most normal shoppers don't give a shit. Doesn't explain how companies like Ford are making well equipped smaller cars that are selling well. Doesn't explain why GM has made vast improvements in interior quality while Subaru replaces nicer materials with hard plastics and poor ergonomics.

I couldn't spend more than half an hour in the new Outback because my right knee bangs into the hard plastic center stack.

I had this issue but in the new Forrester. Raised trim on center stack hit right on the outside bony part of my leg just below my knee. I'm 6 foot even. Amazing such a small detail kicked it out of contention as a second car...but it was very annoying. Could easily have been made flat.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

Is it common for people to rest their leg on the center console? I've never done that. Does it help when speeding/racing? ;) lol jk

Yeah my wife gives me a hard time about it. :-) Asks me why I'm all splayed out anyway...hey I like to relax on the road!

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

Anyone above 6 feet tall - me included (6'4") - have to rest their right leg against the center console where it attaches to the radio. It is a PITA, but it has improved with every year Subaru I've driven. The 2013 WRX that my buddy has fits me perfect... kinda considering the trade-in to a 2015 WRX in the fall or next spring... it is very appealing to someone like me who has run nothing but Imprezas, with the exception of my current LGT, and knows how awesome those small cars are :-)

I'm 6'2" and I, too, have to rest my leg against the center console. It seems to be a pretty easy fix- Scion started offering the FR-S with knee pads this year

http://assets.howtune.com/articles/95/spotlight/PB030035_big.jpg

I'm 6'3" as well, and my leg isn't against the console, either - I am guessing some folks like to sit with their seat further up so that they can splay their legs apart or something. I have been in some cars where it's hard to get into a position where my knees clear the steering wheel, but my Legacy has room to spare - same with my 02 WRX.

• 10 months later...
Well I know this refers to the 2015 Legacy but the 2016 Legacy is available for order starting June 1st and rumor has it they may offer a 2.0 turbo sport model, time will tell.

Do you have a source for that rumor?

It would be great if true, and a past rumor said that as WRX demand dropped, they would add the 2.0T to the Legacy to keep the excitement high, but a link, or something substantial about this updated rumor would be greatly appreciated.

Ohhhh! Rumor time! I love this!!!

So, I was talking to this source I have at Cherry Hill. Well, it's not really THE Cherry Hill but this great coffee spot I know. Anyways, so he knows a guy who works at SOA Corporate HQ. It's not REALLY THE HQ but it's a guy at a dealer, close enough. Now this guy at the dealer, it's not a Subaru dealer but this guy knows cars so I trust him, says that SOA is releasing a special Wagon Model in 2016 that will have Legacy fans tripping over themselves. I can't wait to get my hands on it!!! It's definitely not the Levorg but a true wagon finally for ALL OF US!!! There is a secret URL for the Legacy Fan page he made to show us the initial prototype. Now I know it's only a rumor, but I'm telling you, I TALKED TO A HUMAN and they promised me it's coming. Check it out!!!

Please PM joeleodee For All Site Questions. He is the acting Admin and can resolve anything related to LegacyGT.com

Do you have a source for that rumor?

It would be great if true, and a past rumor said that as WRX demand dropped, they would add the 2.0T to the Legacy to keep the excitement high, but a link, or something substantial about this updated rumor would be greatly appreciated.

Yea car and driver made a post about it, http://blog.caranddriver.com/freshly-unveiled-2015-subaru-legacy-new-turbo-sport-model-downsized-six-cylinder-in-the-works/ and then for them being available for order use this website and scroll down to Subaru it doesn't work on a smart phone though it only seems to work on the computer, http://www.arifleet.com/publications/build-out_start-up_dates/?/news/build-out_start-up_dates/ Hope this helps

Yea car and driver made a post about it, http://blog.caranddriver.com/freshly-unveiled-2015-subaru-legacy-new-turbo-sport-model-downsized-six-cylinder-in-the-works/ and then for them being available for order use this website and scroll down to Subaru it doesn't work on a smart phone though it only seems to work on the computer, http://www.arifleet.com/publications/build-out_start-up_dates/?/news/build-out_start-up_dates/ Hope this helps

Like I said...

That was the rumor back in February but pretty much all those hopes were dashed over the months. The final nail in the coffin was the JDM B4 not getting the 2.0t.

From all the numbers bandied about in here, the 5th Gen LGT sold somewhere around 1200 units total in the US in its 3 years of production. I'll agree that those numbers would have increased if the 5EAT was an option back then but it's clear (to me) that SOA is not denying a large pent-up crowd with the lack of a GT on the 6th Gen regardless of tranny.

The enthusiast crowd here needs to learn the hard lesson that we are an infinitesimal part of overall SOA sales and that what we want carries some serious extra factory costs that must be recouped. MT debacle or no, 1200 sales over 3 model years will not induce SOA to GT the 6th Gen. It's pretty clear that SOA has said that if you want a turbo sedan, go buy the new WRX.

Those who would look to a replacement in the VW/Audi stable had best rebalance their investment portfolios to have plenty of ready cash for the inevitable and costly repairs. The pimp site for the 2015 Genesis claims a new AWD system but until someone tests it it's an unknown and it only comes with the 3.8L V6. Other choices are BMW & Benz (who also have the current German quality malaise) and Volvo. Suzuki is pulling out of the US market and Buick is the sound I make with my head in the toilet after too many shots.

1. Excellent points.

2. Please spare the poor creature your maker hooks.

Well Subaru made a Sport model for 2013 and 14 and they had a special appearance package on the Outback and now they have a limited edition XV Crosstrek so I think a sport model for a 2016 Legacy is possible, just not with a manual transmission or a turbo'd motor. More just looks like the 13 and 14 was with the sport package

Been casually looking at getting a Forester. Looking at dealer inventory (Washington suburbs), it seems that by the time you get to one with some go (2.0T), they have them loaded and listed at somewhere north of $35k. For less than which I could get a Benz GLA250 - rather surprising I thought.

Been casually looking at getting a Forester. Looking at dealer inventory (Washington suburbs), it seems that by the time you get to one with some go (2.0T), they have them loaded and listed at somewhere north of $35k. For less than which I could get a Benz GLA250 - rather surprising I thought.

The premium XT's are in the high 20's. They either sell very quickly and/or they don't make many of them. You may have to order one to get the FXT that you want.

Archived