LegacyGT.com

2016 hopes & wishes but ultimately disappointment thread

SCHM1AN

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/04/15/automobiles/bmw-inspired-roof-pillars-take-a-sudden-turn.html?_r=0

There's something odd about Subarus' appearance in general. I suspect it has to do with using the thinnest sheetmetal possible.

go away. nobody has time for your neurosis over a 3" piece of plastic.

So, B4, why was the 2010 Legacy such a good seller compared to previous years?

It certainly wasn't an improvement in features, material quality and interior/entertainment technology.

Maybe the size?

I think I see more 2005-2008 wagons around here than 2010-2014 sedans.

I also see more 2010+ Outbacks here than the Legacy.

the 2010 was decontented in some areas and recontented in others. Size, comfort, ride quality, safety, handling, and fuel economy were major pluses. Subaru finally added all the tech the previous gen didn't have but still lagged competitors in execution (ipod integration, bluetooth, larger Nav screen, backup camera, etc.) A lot of the things we bitch and moan about here don't matter to a normal shopper.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• Replies 306
  • Created
  • Last Reply
go away. nobody has time for your neurosis over a 3" piece of plastic.

It's those 3" pieces of plastic that make or break the design of a car. I think the 2015 would look much better if it wasn't for the split front and back side windows.

A lot of the things we bitch and moan about here don't matter to a normal shopper.

That's because, sadly, most normal shoppers don't give a shit. Doesn't explain how companies like Ford are making well equipped smaller cars that are selling well. Doesn't explain why GM has made vast improvements in interior quality while Subaru replaces nicer materials with hard plastics and poor ergonomics.

I couldn't spend more than half an hour in the new Outback because my right knee bangs into the hard plastic center stack.

I couldn't spend more than half an hour in the new Outback because my right knee bangs into the hard plastic center stack.

Hmm...I have no issues in my Legacy with legroom nor ergonomics...but I am just 5'6".

The interior is almost as good as my traded 2012 G37S Sedan. The seats in the Legacy are more comfortable on the bottom, but the back of the seat lacks the lateral support I've enjoyed in other cars.

I'm quite satisfied at this time and only wish it had a manual transmission.

"It's within spec" - SOA :rolleyes:

"Depth is only shallowness viewed from the side." - Fredism

"So, how much did it cost for your car to be undriveable :lol:." - Stephen (very close friend)

"You have done so much it would be stupid to go back." - Sunny of Guru Electronics

2018Q50RS | 2015WrxThread | Shrek

Hmm...I have no issues in my Legacy with legroom nor ergonomics...but I am just 5'6".

The interior is almost as good as my traded 2012 G37S Sedan. The seats in the Legacy are more comfortable on the bottom, but the back of the seat lacks the lateral support I've enjoyed in other cars.

Yeah, you're a midget lol

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Not exactly hard to do when talking about these turds...

http://www.roadandtrack.com/cm/roadandtrack/images/xp/2005-honda-accord-hybrid.jpg

http://cdn0.wn.com/ph/img/69/98/f55dc030092db72b9cbd3dab6b2e-grande.jpg

Compared to...

http://images.thecarconnection.com/lrg/2005_subaru_legacy_100007651_l.jpg

http://www.roadfly.com/new-cars/wp-content/uploads/gallery/2005-nissan-altima-preview/Nissan-Altima-SE-R.jpg

http://farm1.staticflickr.com/111/273568164_1f324f7d41_o.jpg

Without the hood scoop, it looks like the rest of them to me, not ugly but nothing special.

Yeah, you're a midget lol

I don't have any problems with my leg hitting the console in my '12. I am 6'3". My wife's has a Toyota Highlander that my right hits the console. It digs into my leg and I find it super annoying after about a hour.

Eldrego, are you taller than 6'3"?

"So, how much did it cost for your car to be undriveable :lol:." - Stephen (very close friend)

"You have done so much it would be stupid to go back." - Sunny of Guru Electronics

I don't have any problems with my leg hitting the console in my '12. I am 6'3".

Me too. The left side of the center stack hits my right leg just below my knee.

Yes the 2010 gen Outback rode and drove around town nicer than my '05, but after having it for 3 weeks while my valves were being replaced I was happy to get my 05 back.

Yes my 05 is smaller and a little more cramped, but I'm still more comfortable in it.

So basically even certified to 100k it's a no go from your pov?

With a CPO I wouldn't be too concerned.

A big thing with luxury cars is preventive maintenance and due diligence.

I have to two solid independent BMW shops near me, and I am able to handle the very basic of maintenance myself. Plus you can buy your own OEM parts at half the cost in most cases and then only have to worry about labor if you need some additional work.

But with a CPO, you'll have quite a bit of protection for a few years.

I've just given up, B4 knows this. :lol:

I really wanted an A6 Avant in '10-'11 trim but the costs scared me away even with CPO since most of those only have 3 years left at best on the 6yr warranty.

Please PM joeleodee For All Site Questions. He is the acting Admin and can resolve anything related to LegacyGT.com

I really wanted an A6 Avant in '10-'11 trim but the costs scared me away even with CPO since most of those only have 3 years left at best on the 6yr warranty.

That one in NNJ is still for sale :)

I started looking at them too. Unfortunately the 3.0ts Avants are very tough to come by, especially with the dark interior. I think I might go for a Genesis 5.0 R Spec. It is huuuuuge. The interior is kind of chintzy though.

Hey..... Remember the "Underpromise, Overdeliver"?

Remember? :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

:hide:

2005 LGT Wagon Limited 6 MT RBP Stage 2 - 248K

2007 B9 Tribeca Limited DGM - 258K

SOLD - 2005 OB Limited 5 MT Silver - 245K

SOLD - 2010 OB 6 MT Silver - 205K

So basically even certified to 100k it's a no go from your pov?

Everything I've heard about CPO is good and great and it's apparently the way to go. I'm just a little skeptical though. I like to have fun with my cars. Mod them and take corners a little too fast. With my driving style, I wouldn't keep anything CPO 1 mile beyond the warranty expiration.

Subarus are a bit of a different animal since I can work on everything myself. I've never turned a wrench on anything European, so perhaps I'm overreacting a bit. Other people on this board probably know better than I do

It's those 3" pieces of plastic that make or break the design of a car. I think the 2015 would look much better if it wasn't for the split front and back side windows.

I think maybe I hit a nerve by hitting upon the real reason Subaru styling suffers. The thin sheetmetal is well known - when I had hail damage repaired the paintless dent repair guy agreed that Subarus have about the thinnest panels out there. I think it affects the ability to manufacture a vehicle with well rounded curves that doesn't look so blocky and angular.

I think maybe I hit a nerve by hitting upon the real reason Subaru styling suffers. The thin sheetmetal is well known - when I had hail damage repaired the paintless dent repair guy agreed that Subarus have about the thinnest panels out there. I think it affects the ability to manufacture a vehicle with well rounded curves that doesn't look so blocky and angular.

Huh?

I was referring to B4's rude and insulting dismissal of my earlier post regarding a real issue. Granted, all cars use thin sheetmetal these days, but Subarus are kind of ridiculous. Sometimes I miss my Saturn!

http://www.tvspots.tv/video/18373/saturn-polymer-doors

Sad but most likely true. The body shop I asked to roll my fenders was very weary of the fact that it was a Subaru. He has no issues with American cars or European cars.

I was referring to B4's rude and insulting dismissal of my earlier post regarding a real issue. Granted, all cars use thin sheetmetal these days, but Subarus are kind of ridiculous. Sometimes I miss my Saturn!

http://www.tvspots.tv/video/18373/saturn-polymer-doors

Extremely over your ridiculousness. Atleast Viber is trying to be objective. I'd rebut your 3 piece obsession but i'd be in one ear and out the other and you'll repeat the same thing for 5 more years. Hurry up and buy something other than a Subaru.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Archived