LegacyGT.com

2016 hopes & wishes but ultimately disappointment thread

SCHM1AN

• Replies 306
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

Untill Subaru bolts a turbo or two to the 3.6L and mates a proper 6 speed behind it, they will never really be in the same league as Audi.....performance wise, not reliability.

But they are still a small potatoes company and they really don't want another SVX fiasco one they're hands. :/

Untill Subaru bolts a turbo or two to the 3.6L and mates a proper 6 speed behind it, they will never really be in the same league as Audi.....performance wise, not reliability.

But they are still a small potatoes company and they really don't want another SVX fiasco one they're hands. :/

There is nothing daring about adding a turbo to the lineup.

Subaru could take the 2.0 and make it uniform across the entire product line with turbo and non-turbo iterations with different power levels availability at certain trims.

BMW is getting along just fine with this tactic and no planets exploded in the process.

The 3.6 doesn't really make sense given how the industry is trending.

False. :nono: We lost THREE planets last week due to this approach and another sun just entered the Red Giant phase of it's death!!! This has happened since BMW has taken this approach and can be the only reason why it's happening. Fact.
Please PM joeleodee For All Site Questions. He is the acting Admin and can resolve anything related to LegacyGT.com

There is nothing daring about adding a turbo to the lineup.

Subaru could take the 2.0 and make it uniform across the entire product line with turbo and non-turbo iterations with different power levels availability at certain trims.

BMW is getting along just fine with this tactic and no planets exploded in the process.

The 3.6 doesn't really make sense given how the industry is trending.

The 3.6 doesn't make sense to the masses. It makes a lot of sense to an enthusiast, me, if Subaru a makes what the above post said.

3.6 with a turbo and a manual transmission...sounds like a GT-R that is finally fun to drive.

Hell...just give me a 3.6 with direct injection and a manual. I will live without the turbo if need be.

"It's within spec" - SOA :rolleyes:

"Depth is only shallowness viewed from the side." - Fredism

"So, how much did it cost for your car to be undriveable :lol:." - Stephen (very close friend)

"You have done so much it would be stupid to go back." - Sunny of Guru Electronics

2018Q50RS | 2015WrxThread | Shrek

What GTR are you driving that isn't fun?

Sure it's plenty fast around a track, but I prefer to row the gears.

I'm not saying it is miserable to go to the track in my 3.6R, but in all honesty, if you offered me a choice of the GT-R and my 3.6R, I would take my 3.6R.

Okay, I would take the GT-R and sell it and get something else, but you get the idea ;)

"So, how much did it cost for your car to be undriveable :lol:." - Stephen (very close friend)

"You have done so much it would be stupid to go back." - Sunny of Guru Electronics

It is clear Subaru is only focusing on what it thinks will sell here in the US in largish numbers - can't blame them for that, it just reduces our options, or drives us away completely. But I do see an awful lot of the current Imprezas around, so the plan must be working.

The lone hold outs here for AWD wagons seem to be the 328iX and the Volvo V60 - the T6R looks sweet, BTW - but both are auto only, and neither are exactly at Subaru prices!

Meanwhile, the Germans seems to keep all their fun stuff in Europe. The A4 wagon has gone from these shores, even the hatch/wagon A3 is gone, never mind the King Kong of wagons, the RS6.

And since we have winters with snow and stuff, AWD is a must for us. It's bad enough that the Vette won't handle snow and ice, so we have to have something fun that will.

In reality, we will probably wait until the LGT Wagon really dies before we do anything. But Subaru is off my radar, after more than 20 years of Subies. Oh well.

It is clear Subaru is only focusing on what it thinks will sell here in the US in largish numbers - can't blame them for that, it just reduces our options, or drives us away completely. But I do see an awful lot of the current Imprezas around, so the plan must be working.

The lone hold outs here for AWD wagons seem to be the 328iX and the Volvo V60 - the T6R looks sweet, BTW - but both are auto only, and neither are exactly at Subaru prices!

Meanwhile, the Germans seems to keep all their fun stuff in Europe. The A4 wagon has gone from these shores, even the hatch/wagon A3 is gone, never mind the King Kong of wagons, the RS6.

And since we have winters with snow and stuff, AWD is a must for us. It's bad enough that the Vette won't handle snow and ice, so we have to have something fun that will.

In reality, we will probably wait until the LGT Wagon really dies before we do anything. But Subaru is off my radar, after more than 20 years of Subies. Oh well.

You are probably SOL. Subaru does not make a Legacy Wagon in any market right now. It was replaced in the rest of the world with the Levorg which based off the Impreza platform.

IDK, at this point I will likely just wait out until either Subaru brings Levorg over or LGTW dies. If dropping 6th gen Outback and swapping out MT that's available in Canada (is it?) will be financially possible, I'll do it. Otherwise will have to look at other makes.

2005 LGT Wagon Limited 6 MT RBP Stage 2 - 248K

2007 B9 Tribeca Limited DGM - 258K

SOLD - 2005 OB Limited 5 MT Silver - 245K

SOLD - 2010 OB 6 MT Silver - 205K

Is everyone going German now? Subaru is losing a lot of money this year again, still they having high sales, could have doubled/tripled their sales numbers.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

say what? Subaru had the best year ever for 2014. They cannot even keep up with demand...

http://www.multivu.com/players/English/7074156-subaru-reports-record-sales-2014/

Subaru sets a new all–time sales record of 513,693 vehicles; up 21 percent over 2013

Record December – monthly sales increase 24 percent over December 2013

37th consecutive month of month–over–month growth

Best December ever for Legacy, Forester, WRX, Outback and XV Crosstrek

Best year ever for Forester, WRX, Legacy sedan, Outback and XV Crosstrek

17th and 10th consecutive months of more than 10,000 Foresters and Outbacks sold, respectively

Best Outback month ever

159,953 Foresters sold in 2014

20,000th BRZ sold in U.S.

which leads me to this

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/globe-drive/news/trans-canada-highway/how-subaru-is-making-record-profits-and-defying-industry-trends/article18920958/

Record profits with little to no incentives

You all need to face facts with ever tightening emissions and fuel economy requirements the manual trans is going the way of the dodo bird... for every one of you guys that wants a manual there are 10000's that want an auto....

At least share updated numbers if you're going to claim this is working so well. :rolleyes:

http://www.reuters.com/article/2015/02/04/mazda-fuji-heavy-results-idUSL4N0VD06Y20150204

Oh shit... it's getting even better for the Auto-tragic and boring designs? :lol: There you go, why enthusiasts (like myself) should never dictate product or have a say in running a successful business. ;) We. Don't. Matter. At. All. Say it three times in a mirror.

Please PM joeleodee For All Site Questions. He is the acting Admin and can resolve anything related to LegacyGT.com

At least share updated numbers if you're going to claim this is working so well. :rolleyes:

http://www.reuters.com/article/2015/02/04/mazda-fuji-heavy-results-idUSL4N0VD06Y20150204

Oh shit... it's getting even better for the Auto-tragic and boring designs? :lol: There you go, why enthusiasts (like myself) should never dictate product or have a say in running a successful business. ;) We. Don't. Matter. At. All. Say it three times in a mirror.

Says the guy that bought a Volvo. Maybe one day you'll get your balls back.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

read what I replied to and then read what I posted... Record sales and profits... And you are right, you don't matter, but the rest of us who do what what Subaru is making do.

Says the guy that bought a Volvo. Maybe one day you'll get your balls back.

Is "get your balls back" on SoA's approved list of corporate marketing slogans?

If you don't vote Trump, out, you're a bigot who hates america.

My brother's new ride. Say what you want, but this car is well equipped and offers a lot of bang for the buck imo! And I'd consider it sportier than a Legacy, lack of manual trans notwithstanding.

sportier based on what? It handles like crap.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

The Fusion doesn't do anything for me anymore...probably because much like Subaru, Ford has all kinds of fun engines they could put in it but haven't and probably won't.

Focus RS...maybe. But, I'm still not convinced. I'd keep my 5th gen over this car even if it had a manual transmission.

http://www.roadandtrack.com/new-cars/future-cars/news/a6342/2016-ford-focus-rs-first-details-exclusive-insider-info/

Okay, so maybe other car discussion doesn't belong here, but since we are talking about Ford and their engines in cars.

Maybe this thread is done....

Archived