LegacyGT.com

2016 hopes & wishes but ultimately disappointment thread

SCHM1AN

The SHO has some nice specs; coming from a 325xi, I did look at the 335x before purchasing my Legacy.

I don't care for wagons too much..

But anyways, if they come out with a turbo/mt variant 6th gen I'll trade mine in immediately. Otherwise, I like this car, and I'm going to keep doing mods to it until I'm happy or something better comes along.

• Replies 306
  • Created
  • Last Reply
If there was going to be any major changes (GT model, Hybrid, update H6 motor) to the 2016 Legacy or Outback, I would have expected to see them introduce at the NYIAS yesterday. I would only expect minor changes to the 2016's.

No, i'm talking about an engine and drivetrain swap to a legacy/outback. Not just turbocharging an engine. Too bad moat wrecked wrx/stis will be front end collisions. Peeps here already spend ~4k for used 6mt swaps. Just gotta take it to the next level.

Sent from my XT1028

* Build Thread * 26.53 MPG - 12 month Average *

The cost to make a proper '15 GT just probably isn't worth it. A Premium or Limited '15 Legacy is $25-30K. A wrecked '15 WRX acceptable for a swap might be $10k, then you have to actually fabricate & perform the surgery. Integrating the 2.0DIT wiring probably isn't going to that easy. You also would need to figure out the hood scoop/air ducting for the IC or fabricate a FMIC. Will the low mount turbo even fit the Legacy chassis. One could recover some cost by parting out the rest of the WRX and 2.5i engine & cvt.

With a '15 LGT you would have no warranty either and resale value would suffer.

No, i'm talking about an engine and drivetrain swap to a legacy/outback. Not just turbocharging an engine. Too bad moat wrecked wrx/stis will be front end collisions. Peeps here already spend ~4k for used 6mt swaps. Just gotta take it to the next level.

Sent from my XT1028

Ah, Okay.

It's not a cost effective mod, no. It'd be for someone with too much money.

Archived