LegacyGT.com

ebo03's 2011 LGT - BNR 20G, EWGs, custom FMIC, Brembos, Recaro

• Replies 585
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I managed to score an exit row seat on the way over there- the woman working at the gate counter when I went to ask about getting seated next to my dad was about 5 foot nothing, thinking that may have worked out in my favor.

Sorry about the derail, OP...

you got the STi seat? alcantara and all?

No the seat pictured above is custom embroidered by JPM Coachworks with the STI logo. It's a Recaro Sportster CS. In the US the Sportster CS is stocked in only two cover options: 1) black vinyl or 2) black vinyl with black suede insert. I chose all black leather. According to one vendor this is the case, so I'm not sure if the other available color suede inserts take longer to get. Not sure about the nardo/artista combo either.

All other materials (like black leather) are made to order so they take longer. Additionally, you could go with a custom material cover and the wait time is about 6 months (at least for US orders).

I did not want suede or Alcantara. I didn't think Recaro's stock suede material was Alcantara. I usually see it simply referred to as suede but on Recaro's website it appears that they market it as Alcantara brand (despite the misspelling). Leather will be much easier to clean than suede and since I only bought a driver seat, at least for now, the suede would really stick out against the otherwise leather interior. I had an 06 STI before this car and I recall the suede seats being very prone to absorbing smells such as swamp ass and general funk. I clean this car way more often but leather is well worth a few hundred more and the additional lead time than the in-stock options.

https://www.recaro-automotive.com/us/product-areas-us/aftermarket-seats/product/sportster.html

I came from Germany the other day. It's only a 9 hour flight not 4 - 6 weeks. ;)

Well thanks for bringing one back for me!:lol:

• 2 weeks later...
Did you ever get your recaros installed? I'm curious to see how those sit in our cars.

When the vendor placed the order they were quoted 4-6 weeks from Recaro. I placed the order on October 5 so that leaves me with another 1-3 weeks.

Loving this build keep up the great progress.

Thanks. I've tried to push some limits and do some things that not many or no others have done. It's been a learning experience and I've dumped a lot of time into this car. But I do love it and there's not really anything like it on the road so I see myself keeping it for a loooong time.

On a side note, I think the Recaro seat is going to be a game changer. It will totally change the feel of the car.

On a side note, I think the Recaro seat is going to be a game changer. It will totally change the feel of the car.

I totally agree with this. Better seats will make it a completely different car. Find a twisty road and do the seatbelt lock trick. Its what I do for the track days. Making yourself part of the car by not bracing yourself with your legs and using the steering wheel to hang on, but rather to turn, and to truly be connected to the car with your back side....it is a completely more pure way of experiencing the brute, raw capability our cars.

I totally agree with this. Better seats will make it a completely different car. Find a twisty road and do the seatbelt lock trick. Its what I do for the track days.

I tried to get my seat belt to lock on me at WBM this year when i did autocross but just couldn't get to. How do you do it?

I tried to get my seat belt to lock on me at WBM this year when i did autocross but just couldn't get to. How do you do it?

Buckle your belt. Move your seat back about 2-3", suck in your gut, pull hard on the belt to tighten it as much as possible over your waist and let the belt go in as far as it can, yank it quickly, it will lock, hold it there and move your seat back to your normal driving position.

Pull it all the way out and let it snap back in. Also just sent you those exhaust pics

that is how all my previous cars lock, or more so go into clicking, let the belt in but not out, mode. didn't work when i tried it with this one tho. i got the pics thanks

Buckle your belt. Move your seat back about 2-3", suck in your gut, pull hard on the belt to tighten it as much as possible over your waist and let the belt go in as far as it can, yank it quickly, it will lock, hold it there and move your seat back to your normal driving position.

OHHH!!! so it doesn't go into full lock mode where you need to return it all the way before it will unlock

that is how all my previous cars lock, or more so go into clicking, let the belt in but not out, mode. didn't work when i tried it with this one tho. i got the pics thanks

Our rear seats work like this for the purpose of child seats, pull it all the way out and it ratches only in. Unbuckle and let it in all the way to release the lock.

OHHH!!! so it doesn't go into full lock mode where you need to return it all the way before it will unlock

After the driver's seat lock, unbuckle to return it all the way to get it out of lock.

most new cars, the trick of pulling the belt all the way out and then it locking on the way back in only works on the passenger side. Gotta give the driver's side belt a yank to get it to lock like GT said.

It's still not a full Lock right? just the regular "I'm a seat belt I lock when i extend rapidly" lock and it will release once the tension is released

• 2 weeks later...

Finally installed a shift boot!! Unbelievable!!!!!

http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/11/12/a3494521eafe83986c7386d643262ca6.jpg

The first boot I got from Redline was stitched incorrectly. It had the red stitching on the left side of each seam. Credit to Maciek at Redline. He made it right with no hassle.

I had my doubts that the first version I got from Redline would have fit on the bracket. It seemed too tight and I couldn't get it to fit properly so I sent them the bracket so they could attach the boot to it. Shipping the bracket to Poland wasn't ideal but hey I now have a boot. [emoji2] Shame I won't be able to see the inner workings of the shifter anymore. I had gotten used to it after 3 months.

Archived