LegacyGT.com

ebo03's 2011 LGT - BNR 20G, EWGs, custom FMIC, Brembos, Recaro

I didnt have to lift the car. You can see that with my stance, the spring perch was set to the top of the 255's. With the 275's it looks just a tad higher.

The widest part of the tire is maybe 1.5" lower than the tread, so if my tire was 0.5" taller I would still be okay for clearance.

With your 19's your 275/35 your profile is obviously less, but your widest point should be at least 1" lower.

You can always raise it a bit if needed.

At this stance my right camber was maxed at -1.7 so we didnt go any lower.

Recap: +45 -1.7 1/4" clearance to housing.

250289186_2014-02-2709_56_58.jpg.d27ae4a66e6c736ae74ecb0de761fbbd.jpg

"It's within spec" - SOA :rolleyes:

"Depth is only shallowness viewed from the side." - Fredism

"So, how much did it cost for your car to be undriveable :lol:." - Stephen (very close friend)

"You have done so much it would be stupid to go back." - Sunny of Guru Electronics

2018Q50RS | 2015WrxThread | Shrek

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 585
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No updates here. I'm lucky to find time to wash the car right now.

I've been waiting on backordered S hooks from the dealer for about 3 weeks so they can fix my lumbar under warranty. Also going to get them to fix auto headlights which have not worked in at least a year or so. I never use them so I couldn't justify a trip to the dealer until the S hook gave way.

April is a few days away (despite the snow on the ground here) so hopefully I'll have the 57xtreme's soon to start playing with coilovers and tire sizes. Once the wheels are on I think I'll be able to say "this car is done" and start saving funds for a new project.

While I'm changing out the RCE Bilsteins & Blacks for Tarmac Zero coilovers I might as well add Whiteline adjustable LCAs, which I found out today are 3-4 weeks out on backorder. Looks like this project will take a little while to complete.:rolleyes:

Didn't know you decided to go with Tarmac Zero's. They are a decent coilover but have little travel.

With those 9.5" wheels, if you don't have enough space to clear the spring perch, remove the helper spring.

How wide of a tire are you going to run?

"So, how much did it cost for your car to be undriveable :lol:." - Stephen (very close friend)

"You have done so much it would be stupid to go back." - Sunny of Guru Electronics

Didn't know you decided to go with Tarmac Zero's. They are a decent coilover but have little travel.

With those 9.5" wheels, if you don't have enough space to clear the spring perch, remove the helper spring.

How wide of a tire are you going to run?

I don't think I can quite justify T2's or KW V3's and their additional $700 price tag. Unless somebody can talk me into it. So feel free to offer any thoughts...if you had to do it over would you get the Zero's?

I want to run a 275/35/19 tire.

I don't think I can quite justify T2's or KW V3's and their additional $700 price tag. Unless somebody can talk me into it. So feel free to offer any thoughts...if you had to do it over would you get the Zero's?

I want to run a 275/35/19 tire.

In a heartbeat...

Or, Tein Flex.

Remove the helper spring for the front so you can clear the spring perch for your 275's if you don't have enough wheel offset.

When I was at Dietsch Werks I noticed a Lotus Elise up on a rack with wheels off the ground. It had about as much suspension travel as my car right now.

• 2 weeks later...

Test fit one of the 57xtreme's today. Not much clearance with struts. Looks to me like any tire would hit the strut housing.

I spoke with Myles from RCE yesterday. I think I'll be going with Tarmac Zero coilovers and Whiteline Com C front strut mounts.

IMG_20140418_183811.thumb.jpg.0736fbb785434ca3295734b33b85f3f5.jpg

IMG_20140418_184041.thumb.jpg.b626050a91fd0d4c0e9e3d2c4e9fb328.jpg

IMG_20140418_183831.thumb.jpg.72fdc008358fe2f318bb8fac2156a2e1.jpg

IMG_20140418_183839.thumb.jpg.52d980322255680bd27685fcc49eeca9.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

My brother let me steal one of his snow tires from his Shelby, size 275/35/19, so I can do some test fitting for the wheels. I won't have a chance to install the coilovers until the weekend of May 24th.

Whiteline's rear LCA has been on back order for quite some time. I might just give up on it and order the Cusco piece instead.

Check out the ISC unit for a lca. Just a thought

Isn't this the same as GT Spec? I recall the GT Spec creates a less than ideal angle on the rear suspension.

At any rate, I see the ISC go for about $475. I can get the Cusco piece for $484. It is the most proven rear LCA on the market so at the same price point I'll stick with Cusco.

Appointment at IAG is set for May 29. Tire mount and balance, alignment, and probably going to need some rolling on the rear fenders. I also want them to cut off the tips on my AVO exhaust and weld on some Vibrant tips. Not quite sure which model to go with yet...Vibrant 1303, 1207, or 1406. Most likely 1303 or 1207.

Is that when Jorge is going to be there? I'm hoping to make it in time for the May tuning session (if I can get everything done).

Not sure about that. I don't need a tune so I didn't inquire.

Archived