LegacyGT.com

ebo03's 2011 LGT - BNR 20G, EWGs, custom FMIC, Brembos, Recaro

So are the results life changing?

Definitely. Once I get a chance to take it on a proper drive through some back roads I'll report back.

Unfortunately it's on winter tires right now so once I get my 275 summer setup back on I'll post more.

• Replies 585
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Opted to take some back roads this Saturday. This seat is unreal. No more using my knees to brace myself against the door or center console. It is truly a driving experience now!

I have winter tires on now and the roads were damp so I more or less drove like a normal person. Can't wait to get the summer setup back on and push it through some corners.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm not 100% thrilled with the forward adjustment of the Recaro seat. I'm 6' tall and I'd really like to be closer than the current setup will allow. It's not really in relation to my legs and the pedals but rather my arms to the steering wheel. With the seat positioned all the way forward my arms are extended further than I'd like to reach the wheel. If I adjust the back so the seat is more upright my arms are in the ideal position but it is no longer comfortable for my back.

So I'm hoping to drop off the seat bracket this Saturday with my fabricator. Another 2.5-3" of forward adjustment should be just right.

I'm not 100% thrilled with the forward adjustment of the Recaro seat. I'm 6' tall and I'd really like to be closer than the current setup will allow. It's not really in relation to my legs and the pedals but rather my arms to the steering wheel. With the seat positioned all the way forward my arms are extended further than I'd like to reach the wheel. If I adjust the back so the seat is more upright my arms are in the ideal position but it is no longer comfortable for my back.

So I'm hoping to drop off the seat bracket this Saturday with my fabricator. Another 2.5-3" of forward adjustment should be just right.

DISCLAMER: THIS MAY BE A STUPID QUESTION. did you telescope the wheel all the way out?

DISCLAMER: THIS MAY BE A STUPID QUESTION. did you telescope the wheel all the way out?

Haha it may not be a stupid question b/c I'm not sure I've ever played with the telescoping feature on the steering wheel. In fact I've never considered it so I was probably unaware it was capable of telescoping.

Haha it may not be a stupid question b/c I'm not sure I've ever played with the telescoping feature on the steering wheel. In fact I've never considered it so I was probably unaware it was capable of telescoping.

I had absolutely no clue that our wheel telescopes. Mind blown.

I didn't realize till i already had the car for well over a year. when i did i was so pumped, i finally was able to have my pedals far enough with my wheel close enough and actually able to see the top of my tach/speedo. it telescopes alot i'd guess close to 5" so that should solve your problem even if it's set in the middle right now

What a discovery! I had it all the way towards the dash. I'll play around with it and see if I can find a comfortable position.

ripstik I'll be in Burlington March 4-6. Hopefully we can catch up then if you're around.

Hold on....the steering wheel can be pulled out more? I thought it could only be adjusted up and down?

It's takes a little more force than you'd think to move it in and out definitely more than it does to move it up and down

I really find it funny - here we are all full of knowledge about part swapping, turbos, which RSB is better, getting parts made for our cars, how to swap a seat now, etc... and something simple about telescoping our steering wheels!:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

I really find it funny - here we are all full of knowledge about part swapping, turbos, which RSB is better, getting parts made for our cars, how to swap a seat now, etc... and something simple about telescoping our steering wheels!:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Just shows where our priorities are I guess :lol:

Figuring out how to modify an aftermarket seat bracket is way more fun than simply pulling on the steering wheel.

But in all seriousness I think I'll leave the seat as is. Now that the steering wheel is in better position I'm pretty satisfied (although I am entitled to change my mind down the road).:lol:

08+ LGTs all had telescoping steering wheels. 2010+ extend further. ;)

And I agree, they do take more effort to pull out than you'd think they do.

- Pro amore Dei et patriam et populum -

• 3 weeks later...

Bought one of these today.

http://www.killerbmotorsport.net/engine-bay/reservoirs/dual-reservoir-wash-coolant-2008-2015-wrx-sti.html

We'll see what it takes to fit in a 5th gen. I wish I would have known this product existed when I was mocking up my FMIC piping. It could have saved a lot of time on the cold side piping (assuming it fits with realitive ease, of course).

Archived