LegacyGT.com

ebo03's 2011 LGT - BNR 20G, EWGs, custom FMIC, Brembos, Recaro

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 585
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Killer B coolant/washer fluid reservoir arrived today. Looks to be the same size and shape as the OEM coolant overflow tank. It should just be a matter of figuring how to mount it and ditching the gigantic washer fluid tank.

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160304/31fefd33c84b93dd43b9ff2f4844283b.jpg

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160304/a2e55779e12bc8064856570b055cc649.jpg

IAG billet caps fit reasonably well. They were far too loose on both OEM tanks, particularly coolant overflow...I really had no confidence that it would stay on.

Coolant overflow cap could be a bit more snug. I had to trim down the rubber gasket of the washer fluid cap to get it to fit.

...It should just be a matter of figuring how to mount it and ditching the gigantic washer fluid tank.

you don't love the massive washer fluid tank? it's such a life saver for me, it's one and a half bottles worth of fluid has gotten me through many salty road trips.

you don't love the massive washer fluid tank? it's such a life saver for me, it's one and a half bottles worth of fluid has gotten me through many salty road trips.

You pretty much point out the difference between New England and Virginia. This is more of a thing in salt country. Wet salt spray from the road means judicious use of the washer fluid, otherwise the wipers will just smear it across the windshield and then you really can't see anything.

Those items came into my mind to simply have more space in the bay.

I really wish I would have discovered this back when I was making my front mount. It was a real bitch to snake the piping around the washer fill neck, figure out a way to push the battery back closer to the strut tower, and make a bracket to keep the battery from sliding forward. With this product it would have been a much more direct route.

You pretty much point out the difference between New England and Virginia. This is more of a thing in salt country. Wet salt spray from the road means judicious use of the washer fluid, otherwise the wipers will just smear it across the windshield and then you really can't see anything.

Yeah I feel you on that one. They use that crap on the roads here too. But we typically get 2 or 3 solid snows per year and they don't stay around for long.

• 1 month later...

Need to do 60k maintenance next week. I didn't really look at what the manufacturer's list contains so I figured I'd do the following:

Engine oil & filter (Shell Rotella and Mazda filter)

Trans and rear diff fluids (Motul Gear 300)

Brake fluid (Motul 5.1)

Power steering fluid

Clutch fluid (will do damper delete too)

Coolant flush

Cabin air filter

Clean and oil K&N filter on custom intake

NGK one step colder plugs

Also going to have some thread repair done on the front Brembo mounting points with Time-Serts. My mechanic friend will tackle that job. I used the OEM bolts when I swapped to Brembos which are a different thread pitch. By that point in the job I was out of patience and just gorilla'd the bolts in.:rolleyes:

Haven't had a chance to look at the Killer B reservoir yet. I just survived tax season and I'm not going to be home much between now and mid-May. Once I have a weekend at home I'll try to get it installed.

• 1 month later...
For the love of GOD, what the #uck did you get?

"It's within spec" - SOA :rolleyes:

"Depth is only shallowness viewed from the side." - Fredism

"So, how much did it cost for your car to be undriveable :lol:." - Stephen (very close friend)

"You have done so much it would be stupid to go back." - Sunny of Guru Electronics

2018Q50RS | 2015WrxThread | Shrek

Better not be that Subaru power washer!!!

That's funny. I have actually considered getting one just b/c well it's a Subaru. However, a gas unit is a bit overkill for my needs which are 99% automotive. The Sun Joe unit I purchased from Amazon has been going strong for over a year.

Nah.

Okay - if you insist!

- Pro amore Dei et patriam et populum -

Archived