LegacyGT.com

ebo03's 2011 LGT - BNR 20G, EWGs, custom FMIC, Brembos, Recaro

• Replies 585
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Actually, I dont want to know anymore.

Even if you wanted to tell me and show me...the feeling is gone...sorry. It is just not going to be the same.

You doused the flame.

"It's within spec" - SOA :rolleyes:

"Depth is only shallowness viewed from the side." - Fredism

"So, how much did it cost for your car to be undriveable :lol:." - Stephen (very close friend)

"You have done so much it would be stupid to go back." - Sunny of Guru Electronics

2018Q50RS | 2015WrxThread | Shrek

Hmm, not quite what I expected. Odd choice. What color and how long is it?

...wait, did you mean the car?

Ding, ding, ding...we have a winner!!!

06 Baja Turbo in Atlantic Blue Pearl.

Ding, ding, ding...we have a winner!!!

06 Baja Turbo in Atlantic Blue Pearl.

I parked next to one a couple of weeks ago. Didn't notice the owner was insde right away.

We gave each other a nice car compliment before going on our way.

The Baja is so ugly it's unique. I've been looking for one for a few months. I have borrowed a friend's Baja (also blue 06 turbo) a few times over the years and I think it's pretty awesome. There is a lot of utility packed into that car.

Turbo 5-speed is a rare combination in the world of Bajas so it's taken a while to locate a good one at a reasonable price.

There's been a couple available here locally, but okusan is adamant about NOT having one to replace her 1998 BD, and I can't justify it and the Dodge 2500 P/U for my work vehicle.

Annecdotally, I drove one when they first came out and, while leaving the dealership, I light-launched and spun all four tires. Torquey piece of kit, that.

- Pro amore Dei et patriam et populum -

• 2 weeks later...
Lift springs?

No. It actually came with an SJR 2" lift kit and trailing arm shims. I doubt I'll install it though to be honest. Probably just sell it. It's brand new, never installed if anybody is interested.

Here's a hint...they are from a GD STI.

Damn, I'm secretive about this car haha.

Spent all morning putting Time Serts in all of the mounting threads. Calipers are in rougher shape than the salvage yard described, which I fully expected.

One bleeder screw is seized in each of the rear calipers. I called around to a lot of shops and nobody wants to touch them. Can't say I blame them. It's a slippery slope unless you have the proper equipment and experience.

Brembo NA (or Race Technologies) pointed me in the direction of Hayworth Racing Brakes. In fact, the guy at Race Technologies said Hayworth was the only person he would trust to do bleeder thread repairs. So I talked to John Hayworth for a while. Super nice guy and very knowledgeable. His shop is in Thomasville, NC.

He's going to rebuild the calipers from A to Z including thread repair of all 8 of the bleeders. He also has a good powder coater who does all of his work. I may have him handle the powder or I may decide to paint them myself. Mainly just depends on the cost of all the repairs. It will be time consuming on his end so it won't be cheap but I'm ok with that. After all, this is a Baja with 151k miles on it. Haha sometimes I wonder what's wrong with me.

He is gone about 2 weeks per month working with racing teams so he expects to have them done in a month. I'm in no hurry so if I have them by the end of July then I'll be happy.

Obviously stock Baja wheels won't clear Brembos. I'm about 95% decided on a wheel and tire setup. I'm trying to keep this looking like more of a truck so the selection is rather limited.

I'm probably going to do silver with red lettering on the calipers with Method MR502 17x8 in matte bronze.

http://www.methodracewheels.com/products/mr502-rally-bronze

Does that mean you'll forgo putting those on the baja and send them to me? 😂😃

Well not exactly. But if you ever have questions about putting Brembos on a car then I could probably provide some help.

Obviously stock Baja wheels won't clear Brembos. I'm about 95% decided on a wheel and tire setup. I'm trying to keep this looking like more of a truck so the selection is rather limited.

I'm probably going to do silver with red lettering on the calipers with Method MR502 17x8 in matte bronze.

Those will be great...with some gravel tires!!!

"It's within spec" - SOA :rolleyes:

"Depth is only shallowness viewed from the side." - Fredism

"So, how much did it cost for your car to be undriveable :lol:." - Stephen (very close friend)

"You have done so much it would be stupid to go back." - Sunny of Guru Electronics

2018Q50RS | 2015WrxThread | Shrek

...there's a lifted DIP Outback at my office with those wheels, they look great.

Archived