LegacyGT.com

The Goals Thread

• Replies 872
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I've been hovering at the same weight for the past few months. As soon as I lose a few pounds I end up going out with family and eating too much or stuff I shouldn't. Like indulging in too much peanut butter or having an extra helping. I'm still staying away from sugar and carbs, but I'm thinking about switching over to just eating veggies, fruit, legumes, nuts, seeds, chicken and salads. All in small portions.

I went down in weight when my wife was gone for school for 4 months earlier this year. Then she gets home and I'm back up again because she doesn't like the foods that I was eating. It makes it a lot harder when there are 2 mouths to feed but only 1 of them is trying to lose weight while the other can't afford to lose any because she's already to thin. Shopping is twice as expensive it seems.

Last night though she wanted to go to this new salad place. So I agree and go with her and find that its a salad/wrap place with all kinds of healthy food I've never heard of before. The guy behind the counter has a sort of "super trooper mustache" and a shirt that says "Oh Kale Yea". He walks over looks at me with a "Fatty's arrived" look and then to my wife and smiles big and mighty at her. She gets her salad and I decide to go for a wrap. When we get to the seed section where they had selections like flack, and other's I don't know about he says to me "Flack seeds are the filler that is used in Taco Bell meat". I took this comment as an insult and kindly replied to my wife "See honey I do eat healthy sometimes" and she gives me the STFU look so i tell the guy to go ahead and throw some on my wrap. As we move up to the register I ask about the smoothies they have to which he replies "we have some low fat smoothies too".

In the end I just wish it was legal to strangle and beat skinny hipsters like this guy and left to go home feeling insulted, fat, and still hungry.

Counting protein/carbs/fat/cals is just not fun for me...

My fitness app works like a charm. Real easy to use and doesn't take much time at all.

Agree, using apps to help count calories doesn't take much time at all. Takes less than 45 seconds to input and search for what you ate. I use MyFitnessPal, but there are a ton others you could use.

I spent months a few years ago (about 9 1/2) dropping weight and using My Fitness Pal. Over that time you just learn what is what calories and fat and sugar etc... Now I don't have to bother with the app and can just go about in my head knowing what I can and can't have and why.

I'm kind of at this point, but starting to enter info again because I've hit a little bit of a plateau and I believe visually seeing the numbers/goals/etc. helps me stay motivated.

• 5 weeks later...

nice man!

Im down to 162 somehow. Amazing what a few extra beers were doing to me! That's below my HS weight by a few pounds.

I need to start running again... We'll see. Havent ran a step since the half marathon in april. No desire. p90x3 is still fun though. Intense, but fun.

Ha! Slacker

Where's all my beer at?

What you want?

ha! nice. I was down to 155 ish at the height of my marathon training. I was up to 175 2.5 months ago!

Im down to 170. The lightest I have been since middle school? and thats with Marathon training so muscle is WAY up.

Archived