LegacyGT.com

SWP cosworth wagon :)

hobo2701

• Replies 395
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Congratulations getting your car on the street. Looks awesome, pretty much exactly how I would want my wagon to look if I had one. Nice to see you made the go bits as nice / nicer than the show bits.

Who would want a car that just looks cool and stock on power / suspension. Next phase is to do brakes kinda shooting for ap racing or some

Mugen or possibly Alcon kinda all depends on pricing but lemme know if anyone has any feedback love to here personal experiences with stuff

Who would want a car that just looks cool and stock on power / suspension. Next phase is to do brakes kinda shooting for ap racing or some

Mugen or possibly Alcon kinda all depends on pricing but lemme know if anyone has any feedback love to here personal experiences with stuff

StopTechs! Not sure what your ultimate goals are but my BBK has worked well for me and looks AWESOME! Obviously if you have Alcon money then by all means go that route, but I don't think you can go wrong with StopTechs :D.

EDIT: Here's the link to my build thread that has some pics and whatnot :D

http://legacygt.com/forums/showpost.php?p=3260580&postcount=1

Ignore Hicksta's response. :eek: With the build quality you have, go with Alcon.

I guess a $4K BBK won't cut it :lol:.

How much do those Alcons run anyway?

By the way hobo, I grew up in Grass Valley!

You are the last person I would expect to not know the cost of alcon's off the top of your head.

I guess a $4K BBK won't cut it :lol:.

How much do those Alcons run anyway?

By the way hobo, I grew up in Grass Valley!

I'm actually waiting to here from my friend he gets vendor pricing on all those components and we were honestly thinking about starting our own online parts distribution company so i will get back to ya but he use to work for stasis which is the audi company that did the factory speed world challenge cars so he has been around race cars for a long time just got tired of the snobby deuchy ppl so I will def let ya know but would love some feedback on the store idea we were thinking of just doing high end parts that other places don't usually offer. But that's a pipe dream but sometimes they come true

I went to school at Long Beach State in 1998 and then joined the Navy in 2000 :)

I'm sure that was an adventure my older brother was in the navy stationed in Norfolk was a radar tech he was pumped on the free traveling across the world what did u do ?

Very well documented! Get some wider wheels and tires on there ;)

Alright incoming hate.

Get that 68hta out of there right now. Get into something rotated that'll make that Cos-worth it (pun intended :D). Something along the lines of a Borg EFR!

Ohlins look awful pretty. I wouldn't let that viewpoint of JRZ's, Motons, and Penskes affect your beliefs though. There's a reason 95% of Grand Am cars run Penskes, AST 5xxx or JRZ's. The car I codrive for scca solo has JRZ single adjustables and wow do they handle great.

6 Speed NOW. Sell a kidney if you have to!

Why big brakes? The stock brakes with rotors and pads have shown to be sufficient. STi brembo's are hardly better. If it's the bling factor, then by all means, carry on.

Keep updating this!

Stock legacy gt brakes are the 2nd best front brakes Subaru makes. Brembos are of course better. But IMHO, not a huge difference. 4 pistons and 326mm compared to lgt brakes which are 2 large pistons 316mm rotors.

Track use, yeah brembos would be better because of the larger rotor.

Stock legacy brakes are better than Subaru Wrx 4 pots. That's one huge thing people pass up. They pay 4-500$ for 06-07 Wrx front calipers when I paid 120$ for 05 lgt front calipers for my daily 2000 obs.

All because they look better.

So for all saying stock brakes are crap, you must be on stock pads n rotors.

Stock legacy gt brakes are the 2nd best front brakes Subaru makes. Brembos are of course better. But IMHO, not a huge difference. 4 pistons and 326mm compared to lgt brakes which are 2 large pistons 316mm rotors.

Stock legacy brakes are better than Subaru Wrx 4 pots. That's one huge thing people pass up. They pay 4-500$ for 06-07 Wrx front calipers when I paid 120$ for 05 lgt front calipers for my daily 2000 obs.

agree with all that except for the 10mm extra size of the brembo is not going to make that much more difference.

Like all things, you can argue which brakes are better all day long. On the track, what matters is the tires you run and how cool you can keep your brakes. A BBK is still going to boil the brake fluid if you push it hard enough and long enough.

Stock OEM LGT pads have a lot of room for improvement. If you are comparing them to high-performance pads from any maker, you're a troll.

@thisisthenewsic - welcome to your discovery. The OEM setup with a decent set of pads is really great braking system. Add a set of cooling ducts and you'll have a powerhouse track setup.

Will 2005 LGT calipers/rotors fit onto a 2004 Outback H6? Sorry to get off topic, but now I gots to know hahaha. The Outback brakes are good initially, but HORRIBLE after they fade, which they do in quite the hurry.

agree with all that except for the 10mm extra size of the brembo is not going to make that much more difference.

Like all things, you can argue which brakes are better all day long. On the track, what matters is the tires you run and how cool you can keep your brakes. A BBK is still going to boil the brake fluid if you push it hard enough and long enough.

Stock OEM LGT pads have a lot of room for improvement. If you are comparing them to high-performance pads from any maker, you're a troll.

@thisisthenewsic - welcome to your discovery. The OEM setup with a decent set of pads is really great braking system. Add a set of cooling ducts and you'll have a powerhouse track setup.

Agree with you 100%. Keeping them cool is a major key.

Will 2005 LGT calipers/rotors fit onto a 2004 Outback H6? Sorry to get off topic, but now I gots to know hahaha. The Outback brakes are good initially, but HORRIBLE after they fade, which they do in quite the hurry.

Yes, just get brake calipers with the mounting brackets n rotors. Your brake lines should work.

What ever, you f en wanted to know where i got that from and i told you i have driven three gt's with all three diff brakes and tracked them also. Can you hear me now, or how about now. Try tracking your or a stock gt and see for yourself and drive another one with bigger brakes and see the big differance. It is really funny that the Grand am legy gt did not run stock brakes!!!!!!!!! I wonder why????

What ever, you f en wanted to know where i got that from and i told you i have driven three gt's with all three diff brakes and tracked them also. Can you hear me now, or how about now. Try tracking your or a stock gt and see for yourself and drive another one with bigger brakes and see the big differance. It is really funny that the Grand am legy gt did not run stock brakes!!!!!!!!! I wonder why????

Uh, grand am lgt? I know you don't own one, so I don't see how that adds to the discussion. You started with stock LGT and asserted that OEM braking system "sucked". I suggested outfitting an OEM braking system with matching upgraded components so it would be fair comparison to a BBK setup. Now you get mad? Post your vids & data logs or hush up.

Sorry OP, I'll go leave off now.

Archived