LegacyGT.com

The OFFICIAL 2014 Legacy Thread

LegGTLT

When should the OFFICIAL 2015 Legacy Thread Start?  

40 members have voted

1. 1. When should the OFFICIAL 2015 Legacy Thread Start?

• Today, whatever day it is.
    • September 1st, 2013
    • December 1st, 2013
    • March 1st, 2014
    • NEVAR! To avoid the disappointment...

• Replies 321
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yeah, but it's still a Buick. Do you really want to take that shiny heavy car and bury it into a dirt trail at 10mph faster than you should? No, you wouldn't. So if you are are comparing apples to apples, know that a Regal is not the same type of apple.

It will be interesting to see what MSRP is on the AWD regal... for 2013, the FWD is $31530 to $34400 for the Turbo and $35875 for the GS... Also, the 2014 FWD Regals are already a little heavy at 3700 lbs. Looks like a pretty nice car, though.

It will be interesting to see what MSRP is on the AWD regal... for 2013, the FWD is $31530 to $34400 for the Turbo and $35875 for the GS... Also, the 2014 FWD Regals are already a little heavy at 3700 lbs. Looks like a pretty nice car, though.

Yeah, but it's still a Buick. Do you really want to take that shiny heavy car and bury it into a dirt trail at 10mph faster than you should? No, you wouldn't. So if you are are comparing apples to apples, know that a Regal is not the same type of apple.

I'd like to see a 5th gen lgt doing rally.

My god... WTF is happening in here? :spin:

That post has no logic. At all. So you'd push a BRZ offroad becuase it's a Subaru but you wouldn't push a Toyota Land Crusier offroad because it's a Toyota right? :iam:

Please PM joeleodee For All Site Questions. He is the acting Admin and can resolve anything related to LegacyGT.com

I'm still waiting for the Diesel with the CVT to arrive so I can take it for a test drive, but at least there's a site with some stuff about it now: http://www.subaru-global.com/special/2013outback/

Fuel consumption for the Outback seems to be 31/42 mpg(US not UK) city/highway according to EC715/2007-EC630/2012J. Those figures doesn't look as good as for the MT (33/45) at first glance but since the MT is measured with an older standard (EC715/2007-EC566/2011F) there's an explanation.

So just go on and pester your dealers! http://www.bedug.com/pics/smiley/smiley-w00t.gif

453747.png

My god... WTF is happening in here? :spin:

That post has no logic. At all. So you'd push a BRZ offroad becuase it's a Subaru but you wouldn't push a Toyota Land Crusier offroad because it's a Toyota right? :iam:

This thread is now for people that don't make any sense. Kindly leave.

Dude, if people bring 3 YEARS old threads about Tribeca back to life in NEWS you REALLY have a problem with interest in 2014 Legacy :)

May be some newbies can help us reach 200 posts count while working on their 10 post limit ;)

2005 LGT Wagon Limited 6 MT RBP Stage 2 - 248K

2007 B9 Tribeca Limited DGM - 258K

SOLD - 2005 OB Limited 5 MT Silver - 245K

SOLD - 2010 OB 6 MT Silver - 205K

Was just noticing on that DONLEN build-out page that the Tribeca looks like it might still be offered for 2014 - order in June, delivery in September 2013. WTH, over?

And if we could get the 2.0TD in the Forester or the Impreza, It'd be an immediate seller. Might even do well in the Legacy/Outback platform.

AFWIW - the Regal is the same platform, drivetrain and AWD system as the Cadillac ATS. Having seen the ATS and ridden in it, it's nicely appointed, but I don't hold much hope for the durability of their 2.0T engine, unless it stays stock.

- Pro amore Dei et patriam et populum -

AFWIW - the Regal is the same platform, drivetrain and AWD system as the Cadillac ATS. Having seen the ATS and ridden in it, it's nicely appointed, but I don't hold much hope for the durability of their 2.0T engine, unless it stays stock.

The Regal uses a transverse engine layout, whereas the ATS uses a longitudinal layout.

The LTG in the ATS 2.0, Regal, and Malibu SS is based off the LNF from the turbo Cobalt SS, Solstice GXP, and Sky Redline. Those cars (and engines) have proven to be very reliable, even with mods.

Then that sucks hind teat! The only thing I liked about the ATS was no torque steer from the RWD platform. If the Regal is transverse, then I'm not interested.

And since 2014 is the last year (should be anyway) for the 5th Gen, I'm wondering what all will be added to it before the final production model rolls down the ways.

Then that sucks hind teat! The only thing I liked about the ATS was no torque steer from the RWD platform. If the Regal is transverse, then I'm not interested.

And since 2014 is the last year (should be anyway) for the 5th Gen, I'm wondering what all will be added to it before the final production model rolls down the ways.

Maybe, but my suspicion is that they may pull yet another year from it and that the 6th will show up in hybrid form.

The XV was presented as a hybrid, so it's probably not too far away for the other models.

453747.png

I'm still waiting for the Diesel with the CVT to arrive so I can take it for a test drive, but at least there's a site with some stuff about it now: http://www.subaru-global.com/special/2013outback/

Fuel consumption for the Outback seems to be 31/42 mpg(US not UK) city/highway according to EC715/2007-EC630/2012J. Those figures doesn't look as good as for the MT (33/45) at first glance but since the MT is measured with an older standard (EC715/2007-EC566/2011F) there's an explanation.

So just go on and pester your dealers! http://www.bedug.com/pics/smiley/smiley-w00t.gif

Like I said before, I'm waiting for the diesel. If I'm not mistaken, there is a diesel Legacy out in Europe presently.

I understand the appeal of diesel, but here in Georgia, fuel is priced a minimum of .35 per gallon higher than regular. Hate that.

The thing about it though is that diesel typically gets better fuel mileage than gas.

Like I said before, I'm waiting for the diesel. If I'm not mistaken, there is a diesel Legacy out in Europe presently.

Yes, I have one with the 6MT, but I was referring to the diesel with CVT which isn't out yet.

453747.png

I would own a diesel Subaru. From everything I've read, they are stout, powerful, and reasonably economical... besides the fact that they're still a Subaru boxer engine.

Nils - does the Eurospec 2.0TD need urea refills like the Mercedes Bluetec, VAG, and some other diesel vehicles?

I would own a diesel Subaru. From everything I've read, they are stout, powerful, and reasonably economical... besides the fact that they're still a Subaru boxer engine.

Nils - does the Eurospec 2.0TD need urea refills like the Mercedes Bluetec, VAG, and some other diesel vehicles?

No urea refills on the Euro 5 spec that I have. And with my driving style I get about 35mpg.

Only drawback is the narrow torque band of the diesel, which means that it's sensitive to which gear that I use. That's one reason why I'm interested in the CVT version because then it won't be a problem with a narrow torque band. On the other hand the max torque is 1800 to 2400rpm (later models has it at 1600 to 2400rpm) which is exactly where you want it to avoid downshifts when overtaking.

Not sure if the urea will be required on the Euro 6 spec, but it's a problem for next year since it will come into effect in September 2014.

453747.png

No urea refills on the Euro 5 spec that I have. And with my driving style I get about 35mpg.

Only drawback is the narrow torque band of the diesel, which means that it's sensitive to which gear that I use. That's one reason why I'm interested in the CVT version because then it won't be a problem with a narrow torque band. On the other hand the max torque is 1800 to 2400rpm (later models has it at 1600 to 2400rpm) which is exactly where you want it to avoid downshifts when overtaking.

Not sure if the urea will be required on the Euro 6 spec, but it's a problem for next year since it will come into effect in September 2014.

That's what I did love about our Jetta TDI. While not huge mountains, in the Cumberland MD area we could be in 5th gear and still accelerated up the mountains there. Never needed to downshift to pass.

Diesel Legacy and Diesel Forester, can't wait they make it here.

Archived