LegacyGT.com

The OFFICIAL 2014 Legacy Thread

LegGTLT

When should the OFFICIAL 2015 Legacy Thread Start?  

40 members have voted

1. 1. When should the OFFICIAL 2015 Legacy Thread Start?

• Today, whatever day it is.
    • September 1st, 2013
    • December 1st, 2013
    • March 1st, 2014
    • NEVAR! To avoid the disappointment...

• Replies 321
  • Created
  • Last Reply

SubaruOutback.org people are talking about diesel in 2014 model.

Legacy will get few cosmetic touches. May be new color or two. New wheels?

I do not see GT or Wagon coming back soon. SOA is still punch drunk from sales figures.

If they bring back GT Wagon with 6MT I will be first to buy one. But this ain't hapenning.

2005 LGT Wagon Limited 6 MT RBP Stage 2 - 248K

2007 B9 Tribeca Limited DGM - 258K

SOLD - 2005 OB Limited 5 MT Silver - 245K

SOLD - 2010 OB 6 MT Silver - 205K

Also, picky's picture is an older version of the tourer concept. It has since been updated as the "advanced" tourer.

http://img2.netcarshow.com/Subaru-Advanced_Tourer_Concept_2011_800x600_wallpaper_01.jpg

This is what the next gen WRX is going to closely look like. Headlight and taillight designs and a bit of the side and rear profile. If they can make it closely resemble it i think it'll be a winner. But then again remember the 2010 LGT concept compared to production or the 12 Impreza concept? yeah hopefully they dont water it down but we'll see.

why is everyone copying audi's head lights?

Lexus is the worst offender of this in my opinion. They are starting to make them look like LED Nike logos. Hmm, I wonder if Nike offers some sort of sponsorship payment if you drive one?

why is everyone copying audi's head lights?

Designers love anything that lets them make a car closer to their usual lazy sketches. "Add big arches!" "Now, add some sharp corners!" "Can I get some tiny windows, too?"

But seriously, LEDs give them the freedom, and they wall want to do the same thing.

this thing is well ugly

It's a Subaru concept. They've got rules they have to follow, and a large quota of perplexing design decisions to fill. And yet, in five years, it'll have grown on everybody :p

Grown on everybody?

i would never buy the current 5th gen Legacy/Liberty.

They are ugly as sin, and have a similiar design as a Toyota Camry/Altiva/Aurion

Seriously condsidering a New skyline GT, after the current ride is old.

Maybe they will bring back a better looking shape?

Another 4th gen troll. I used to own a 2006 Legacy GT and parked it next to a Camry at work.. Guess how similar those looked.

5th gen > 4th in everything that isn't subjective. Won't argue with you in the looks department. I think they both look good and stock for stock the 5th gen looks better.

Please: I was one of the original 4thGenBash5thGenHighHorse supporters... but that was FOUR F-ING YEARS ago. :lol: None of that shit anymore, it's done. You're not changing the '14 by complaining you liked the 4th Gen better. ;)

Anyways... carry on. :D

Please PM joeleodee For All Site Questions. He is the acting Admin and can resolve anything related to LegacyGT.com

Please: I was one of the original 4thGenBash5thGenHighHorse supporters... but that was FOUR F-ING YEARS ago. :lol: None of that shit anymore, it's done. You're not changing the '14 by complaining you liked the 4th Gen better. ;)

Anyways... carry on. :D

Dammit, you're making me feel old.

Get these 5th gen kids off my lawn!

sorry...this forum practically blows goat nuts so im not always on here.
Team Pony Express

POSTED FROM MY COMPUTER USING A WEB BROWSER

How's that snow up in Iowa Ozzy?? 80 down here in TX today...I bought a '12 Demo with a manual with only 5000 miles on it last month (deep discount) so doesn't effect me but was just wondering...side by side with my '05 I kind of like the new look IMHO.

Doesn't look bad at all. They had announced that we would get 7-9 inches, but it looks like all we got was 5. I'll find out soon how the roads are (Probably fine) once I leave for work.

Any chance that with the 2014 Forester switching to a 2.0 T for the XT's that the 2014 Legacy will include a 2.0T version? That would go really well with the new sport rims, perhaps the 2.0 T version could be the sport package. If not 2014, hopefully Subaru at least includes that in the 2015 redesign. I don't think I can wait until 2015 to trade though.

From what I can tell from looking at the way Subaru is revamping each lineup with the 2.0T it wouldn't make sense to keep a 2.5L in any form as the next Gen Legacy and WRX come out. ROW is already at 2.0T with the Legacy so I wouldn't see why we wouldn't get there eventually. My guess: 2.0T comes out with 6th Gen. Why plop a new 270+HP engine for the final model year? Save the goodies to pitch the new Gen. Just my thoughts...
Please PM joeleodee For All Site Questions. He is the acting Admin and can resolve anything related to LegacyGT.com

From what I can tell from looking at the way Subaru is revamping each lineup with the 2.0T it wouldn't make sense to keep a 2.5L in any form as the next Gen Legacy and WRX come out. ROW is already at 2.0T with the Legacy so I wouldn't see why we wouldn't get there eventually. My guess: 2.0T comes out with 6th Gen. Why plop a new 270+HP engine for the final model year? Save the goodies to pitch the new Gen. Just my thoughts...

I think only JDM has the 2.0DIT for the Legacy. I have not seen that model offered in any other country. The ROW is still using the old 2.5 Turbo.

It is not out of character for Subaru to put something special in the final year. I remember the 2004 Legacy 2.5GT got VTD mated to a 4EAT as a preview for the 2005 GT. Also 2011 Forester got the new 2.5FB engine. So who knows, if Forester production does come to the US and SIA has some extra 2.0DIT engines maybe we could see a 250HP Legacy DIT and dare I say Outback XT.

I am not that hopeful that the next gen legacy will have a Turbo engine. I figure out the production % for the 5th Gen for 2.5gt and 3.6r

2010 3.6R 3.8%

2010 2.5GT 4.3%

2011 3.6R 8.1%

2011 2.5GT 0.6%

2012 3.6R 7.1%

2012 2.5GT 0.6%

As you can see only about 8% of Legacy were sold with an upgrade motor. Even if they had an auto 2.5GT, it would most likely cut into 3.6 production. I am not so sure the numbers support having two engine upgrades. I hope that I am wrong.

Good job figuring out those statistics. You're probably right. I probably am going to wait another year. Our 2005 still has yet to hit 100 k (about 97) so we have time to see what information leaks out. I might have to suck it up and figure out if its worth it to get the 3.6R. I hope at the very least it becomes an option to get the 2.5i sport package wheels on the 3.6R down the road.

Archived