LegacyGT.com

The OFFICIAL 2014 Legacy Thread

LegGTLT

When should the OFFICIAL 2015 Legacy Thread Start?  

40 members have voted

1. 1. When should the OFFICIAL 2015 Legacy Thread Start?

• Today, whatever day it is.
    • September 1st, 2013
    • December 1st, 2013
    • March 1st, 2014
    • NEVAR! To avoid the disappointment...

Subaru brings a diesel, and it will sell. Wagons are dead for the time being. It will take the hatch friendly youth to grow up and want wagons over their parents' boring sedans. Then the kids of the wagoneers will want sedans. The cycle begins anew.

All the major wagon players including VW have dropped most if not all of their wagons.

I think if they put a diesel in the Imprezas that it has the potential to steal sales from the VW Jetta.

• Replies 321
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Also, at the open house for the dealership here in Salt Lake, I asked the parts manager his opinion on whether the diesel would make it here or not. He said that it had been put on the back burner due to the hybrid technology crap now. I would much rather have a diesel. He said it was due to the emissions politics between everywhere else and here in the states.

I also asked him what he thought about the legacy turbo coming back. He doesn't think it will but I like to hope that he is wrong, especially with the 2.0 GT getting much better MPG.

2.0 GT Legacy Wagon PLEASE!

I may be wrong, but I believe that some European countries have stricter emissions than the US, yet they get the diesel?

I may be wrong, but I believe that some European countries have stricter emissions than the US, yet they get the diesel?

The emissions here in Europe are the same throughout the EU zone.

There are differences between the EU and the US in emissions requirements, and even though they are very similar the slight differences are causing some of the headache.

If only they could agree on a common emissions standard it would be a lot easier, but I suspect that the US car industry don't want that.

453747.png

There are differences between the EU and the US in emissions requirements, and even though they are very similar the slight differences are causing some of the headache.

If only they could agree on a common emissions standard it would be a lot easier, but I suspect that the US car industry don't want that.

The US car industry doesn't have anything to do with it. US emissions standards are developed in Sacramento Kalifornia.

http://time100.time.com/2013/04/18/time-100/slide/mary-nichols/

E10/E15 is crap and should be banned. Whenever I was driving in midwest, where apparently 91/93 octane does not (or did not) contain corn (irony, being in midwest), the mileage was miraculously up at least 2-3 mpg.

E85 is a different story if you're tuned for it.

Definitely notice the difference in how the car drives and feels on non-ethanol gas versus E10/E15. Improved 2-5mpg (city - highway) and everything about the power delivery changes. Don't know whether Subaru factored this in on the 4th and 5th Gens (don't see how they couldn't), but it's definitely not in the owner's interest to run ethanolated gas through the system. Tuned for E85, different story performance-wise, but the same corrosive (if not more so) effects apply.
- Pro amore Dei et patriam et populum -

Definitely notice the difference in how the car drives and feels on non-ethanol gas versus E10/E15. Improved 2-5mpg (city - highway) and everything about the power delivery changes. Don't know whether Subaru factored this in on the 4th and 5th Gens (don't see how they couldn't), but it's definitely not in the owner's interest to run ethanolated gas through the system. Tuned for E85, different story performance-wise, but the same corrosive (if not more so) effects apply.

When I was in Oklahoma, a majority of the gas stations had either E10 or real gas...they gave you a choice w/o outrageously gouging you wallet (usually real gas was 10-15 cents more). There was always a noticeable difference between a tank of either. Real gas just works better.

:yeahthat:

It's about 20-30 cents more per gallon here IIRC for 100% 93 non-E. Hardly ever find it though

And I think they're running a scam operation by leaving off the "this fuel may contain 10% or less ethanol" disclaimer sticker on the 93 pump, and charging the $.40 extra per/gallon. I saw no difference between that gas and clearly-labeled E10 93, unlike the performance/mpg bump that I get at every other pure 93 pump. I don't fill up there unless I have to and then only for a few gallons.

And I think they're running a scam operation by leaving off the "this fuel may contain 10% or less ethanol" disclaimer sticker on the 93 pump, and charging the $.40 extra per/gallon. I saw no difference between that gas and clearly-labeled E10 93, unlike the performance/mpg bump that I get at every other pure 93 pump. I don't fill up there unless I have to and then only for a few gallons.

I wouldn't be surprised if they were running something.

:yeahthat:

Cali gas was always hit or miss for me, even from the same location. I'm fairly certain that some of the "91" I was pumping-in, was more like "88" at best.

I'm wondering how much engineering Subaru is having to do on the 2014 models to both meet CAFE (and other standards), and to deal with variation swings in gasoline octane levels and ethanol additive impacts over time.

New Legacy and Outback next summer (MY2015).

For 2014, some info we've already heard, some new:

2.5i base gets optional Alloy Wheel Package w/ 17" alloys + fog lights.

2.5i Premium now gets the All Weather Package and 4.3" display standard. Available $1445 "Power Moonroof Package" with moonroof, rear camera, and auto-dim mirror w/ homelink. With this package, you can add EyeSight ($1295) or Nav ($1300) on the Premium.

2.5i Sport also gets the standard All Weather Package and 4.3" display, plus Power Moonroof Package standard. Optional Nav.

2.5i Limited, available Power Moonroof Package, PMP/Nav, PMP/Nav/EyeSight.

Starting MSRP: 2.5i no change; 2.5i Premium +$800; 2.5i Sport +$750; 2.5i Limited no change.

For the standard 4.3" display on the Premium and Sport, it says "this upgrade also includes available SiriusXM satellite radio (with 4 Month free trial subscription)". Does this mean it has all the hardware, you just have to have a subscription?

How I'd configure it: a 2.5i Premium, power moonroof package, fog lights and destination comes out to $25,946.

I've been looking around at a few cars lately. Considering the (new) Mazda 6. Haven't taken a test drive yet. One of the things that I don't like is how they've configured their trim levels. I don't really want to go up to 19" wheels, but they're standard on Touring (mid-level) and Grand Touring (high) trims. Only the base Sport comes with 17" wheels. Heated seats, moonroof, and Sirius are standard on the GT, but N/A on Sport and Touring. Heated mirrors are standard on GT, optional as part of a big tech package on Touring, N/A on Sport.

The Mazda6 Sport (w/ auto) and Legacy 2.5i Premium are practically the same price. While the 6 has a standard rear view camera, slightly larger display, push-button start, a bit more hp, torque and mpg, the Legacy has standard power seats, all weather package, AWD. You can add the auto-dimming mirror w/ homelink to the 6, but not power seats, moonroof, all weather package, sirius, nav, or anything like EyeSight, that can be had on the Legacy.

Sweeeeeeeeet... let the countdown begin. :lol: I can only hope it's something exciting/sexy/powerful next year....... I can only hope. :spin:
Please PM joeleodee For All Site Questions. He is the acting Admin and can resolve anything related to LegacyGT.com

Why isn't there a global standard?

Because different parts of the world have different fuel chains, and different priorities and concerns regarding pollution, especially relative to their differing economic needs?

Why isn't there a global standard?

Take the number countries in the in the world, pretend they are all dictatorships so you're only dealing with ONE person from each.

Now do you think you can get all 196 of them to agree on a single standard? :spin:

I LIKE THIS!! Nice.....I'd buy it! Thanks for posting this pic.

I just found this forum. I own a 2005 Subaru Legacy Wagon (non Outback). I bought it used, have owned it for 4 years.......love it. Only trouble is....someday I'm going to have to replace it. I need/want a station wagon as I have dogs I need to transport. I really like the standard Legacy.....sleeker lines than Outback. I DON'T LIKE the look of the newer generation Outback. It's plain UGLY. A buddy of mine (WRX Owner) said there may be a new Legacy coming out.........that's why I'm here, checking the rumors. Cheers!

Gray

Also, picky's picture is an older version of the tourer concept. It has since been updated as the "advanced" tourer.

http://img2.netcarshow.com/Subaru-Advanced_Tourer_Concept_2011_800x600_wallpaper_01.jpg

Crazy talk.. I am American and I want a wagon ;)

Come on! this list is reaching. Take out trim levels, call a hatch a hatch, call a crossover a crossover. USDM traditional wagons are a dying breed. Most are gone, and the recently created offerings don't sell (CTS and TSX). Manufacturers are all about creating crossovers and hatches for the US Market instead of traditional wagons as Americans don't want them.

I agree with your assessment on these models. Very few TRUE wagons. Before I got my '05 Legacy Wagon......we had 2 Honda Wagons. Loved them. Slightly larger than my Legacy (which was nice)....but the AWD on the Subaru kicks butt, plus the suspension is on the firmer/sporty side which I also like.

If I needed to purchase another wagon right now, there is not much out there for my taste. I don't like the new Outback. It's nice that it's larger, roomier, etc...but it's just too damn ugly. I haven't driven it, but I just can't get past the looks. I've looked at the Cadillac wagon and Acura.....but their interior space isn't as good as MY wagon.....especially the cargo area.....too damn small for 2 dogs! I DON'T WANT A VOLVO! Perhaps if Audi's wagons were at least as large as my Legacy, I wouldn't mind.....cause I really want to retain the AWD.

Rant over........

Archived