LegacyGT.com

The OFFICIAL 2014 Legacy Thread

LegGTLT

When should the OFFICIAL 2015 Legacy Thread Start?  

40 members have voted

1. 1. When should the OFFICIAL 2015 Legacy Thread Start?

• Today, whatever day it is.
    • September 1st, 2013
    • December 1st, 2013
    • March 1st, 2014
    • NEVAR! To avoid the disappointment...

• Replies 321
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Have you driven a STi? It's not a car that is fun to drive daily.

I drive one daily and I would definitely say it's fun to drive daily. Maybe not pre 2008, but GR is definitely DD worthy.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I have to disagree. If your doing a lot of stop and go, that car is horrible, and the turbo lag makes it even worse.

What? BS. The STI has less turbo lag than any turbo subaru offers or offered except for the BM GT. I have stop and go heading to and leaving work everyday. Clutch pick up is better than the BM GT and other than that, it's no more difficult to drive in traffic than the BL GT or GR WRX.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

What? BS. The STI has less turbo lag than any turbo subaru offers or offered except for the BM GT. I have stop and go heading to and leaving work everyday. Clutch pick up is better than the BM GT and other than that, it's no more difficult to drive in traffic than the BL GT or GR WRX.

Maybe there was somehting wrong with the STi I test drove, but the 13' WRX had significantly less turbo lag, was significantly quieter, and was significantly more comfortable, while delivering almost equal performance, All things that appeal to most normal people in a daily driver.

I sure hope so! We want 2.0DITs in Imprezas and Legacies!!! The 3.6R won't cut emissions and MPG ratings going forward. Same thing for the defunct 2.5GT.

Besides, Subaru has decided to sell almost everything with CVTs (we'll start seeing them in all Impreza/Legacies too soon enough) and with more and more Hybrid models coming down the pipeline in years to come.

No ULH, few Turbo or performance oriented models, no manuals, more RWD (maybe some FWD too!). Its what makes a Subaru.... a Subaru. ugh

What's the DIT?

Maybe there was somehting wrong with the STi I test drove, but the 13' WRX had significantly less turbo lag, was significantly quieter, and was significantly more comfortable, while delivering almost equal performance, All things that appeal to most normal people in a daily driver.

The 13 WRX is quieter, has more turbo lag, and is softer. The rear suspension on the +08 STI is more forgiving than the BL Legacy. It doesn't thud and crash over bumps. On the street, the WRX offers most of the performance of the STI with none of the feel. Even then It rolls a lot more, brakes fade a lot quicker, it doesn't accelerate as fast while moving, The steering isn't as direct or as quick, it understeers a lot more... that being said. MY STI has been a perfect daily driver. There are some features I miss when I drive the wife's car, but when I do, I miss the STI's performance. At no point do I feel like I'm settling or living with the STI day to day.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

The 13 WRX is quieter, has more turbo lag, and is softer. The rear suspension on the +08 STI is more forgiving than the BL Legacy. It doesn't thud and crash over bumps. On the street, the WRX offers most of the performance of the STI with none of the feel. Even then It rolls a lot more, brakes fade a lot quicker, it doesn't accelerate as fast while moving, The steering isn't as direct or as quick, it understeers a lot more... that being said. MY STI has been a perfect daily driver. There are some features I miss when I drive the wife's car, but when I do, I miss the STI's performance. At no point do I feel like I'm settling or living with the STI day to day.

There is 0% chance that the WRX has more lag than the STi.

There is 0% chance that the WRX has more lag than the STi.

That statement makes it obvious you have no appreciable time comparing the two. The ONLY things that might lead you to say that would be the throttle response of a used WRX vs a new STI or an STI running in I or S modes. Apples to apples, the WRX definitely has more lag. And the STI has less turbo lag than a stock BL any day of the week.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Be grateful ^^^^. At least this thread made it over 100 posts!!! Half of those were about WRX but still! :))

2005 LGT Wagon Limited 6 MT RBP Stage 2 - 248K

2007 B9 Tribeca Limited DGM - 258K

SOLD - 2005 OB Limited 5 MT Silver - 245K

SOLD - 2010 OB 6 MT Silver - 205K

I am only grateful for my 2005 so far. :lol: I reaaaaallly want to come back to Subaru when it's time in 2014, this thread just soothes my persistent need to get B4's attention. Once the 6th Gen gets closer you'll really see my light this place up. :lol:
Please PM joeleodee For All Site Questions. He is the acting Admin and can resolve anything related to LegacyGT.com

Looks like orders will start on 5/1 for the 2014 Legacy.

http://www.donlen.com/buildstart-subaru.aspx

Still hoping for a 2.0DIT model, I mean if Japan added a 2.0DIT model with no major re-design, why can't the US?

seriously. why does the forester need a DIT model but the legacy doesn't? makes absolutely no sense to me, just give the forester a 3.6L H6 and put the DIT into a legacy. People who will want a faster forester probably couldn't give 2 shits about a turbo over an H6 whereas there is still a real enthusiast market for a turbo legacy.

Archived