LegacyGT.com

The OFFICIAL 2014 Legacy Thread

LegGTLT

When should the OFFICIAL 2015 Legacy Thread Start?  

40 members have voted

1. 1. When should the OFFICIAL 2015 Legacy Thread Start?

• Today, whatever day it is.
    • September 1st, 2013
    • December 1st, 2013
    • March 1st, 2014
    • NEVAR! To avoid the disappointment...

• Replies 321
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Pricing, I'm not sure of, but I can see color's and packages. Graphite Gray is replaced by Carbide Gray, and Caramel Bronze is replaced by Tungsten Metallic. The 2 engines offered are the 2.5i and 3.6R. All Weather is now standard on Premium and you can get Eyesight without getting Navigation.

Pricing, I'm not sure of, but I can see color's and packages. Graphite Gray is replaced by Carbide Gray, and Caramel Bronze is replaced by Tungsten Metallic. The 2 engines offered are the 2.5i and 3.6R. All Weather is now standard on Premium and you can get Eyesight without getting Navigation.

Anything else going live on Friday besides the Legacy?

From subaruoutback.org:

2014 Subaru Legacy and Outback Changes

2014 Legacy

Changes: New alloy wheel/fog light package available on 2.5i CVT, All Weather Pkg now standard on Premium. Eyesight now available on Premium. Navigation now available on Sport.

Gone 3.6R base model.

Models:

2.5i 6 speed manual. Optional packages: none

2.5i CVT. Optional package includes new 17" alloy wheel/fog light pkg

2.5i Premium CVT, includes all weather pkg. Optional packages include moonroof pkg, moonroof with navigation/aha, moonroof with Eyesight

2.5i Sport CVT. Optional package: navigation/aha pkg

2.5i Limited CVT. Optional packages include moonroof pkg, moonroof with navigation/aha pkg, eyesight pkg

3.6R Limited, 5 speed automation. Optional packages include moonroof pkg, moonroof with navigation/aha pkg, Eyesight pkg

Legacy colors changes: new Tungsten Metallic. Carbide gray metallic replaces Graphite Gray. Gone: Caramel Bronze,

2014 Outback

Changes: New alloy wheel/fog light package now available on 2.5i CVT, Eyesight now available on Premium. Eyesight now available on Limited Special Appearance Package.

Gone 3.6R base model.

Models:

2.5i 6 speed manual. Optional packages: none

optional CVT, Optional package includes new 17" alloy wheel/fog light pkg

2.5i Premium 6 speed manual. Option packages: none

2.5i Premium CVT. Optional packages include all weather pkg, moonroof pkg, moonroof with navigation/aha, moonroof with Eyesight

2.5i Limited CVT. Optional packages include moonroof pkg, moonroof with navigation/aha pkg, eyesight pkg

2.5i Limited CVT special Appearance Package with Eyesight, Keyless access/start, Saddle brown leather, memory seat, moonroof, navigation/aha

3.6R Limited, 5 speed automation. Optional packages include moonroof pkg, moonroof with navigation/aha pkg, Eyesight pkg

3.6R Limited 5 speed automatic Special Appearance Package with Eyesight, Keyless access/start, Saddle brown leather, memory seat, moonroof, navigation/aha

2014 Outback color changes: new Tungsten Metallic. Carbide gray metallic replaces Graphite Gray.

Special Appearance package available in Deep Indigo, Carbide gray, Satin white, Gone: Caramel Bronze.

No really surprising changes for the expected last year of the 5th gen. At least there were no changes that would make me think about selling my '12 to buy a '14.

There's certainly no 2014 Legacy that makes me want to get rid of the Spec.B.

I took the new Diesel with CVT Outback for a test drive today. A really nice experience. It was 54km on the meter and so new that the license plates weren't on it yet, but with a temporary dealer plate that wasn't a problem. (here license plates follows car, not owner)

It was a bit quirky when the lock-up engaged at about 40km/h, but nothing worse than any other AT gearbox. Other than that it was smooth and nice.

It was equipped with the following:

• Keyless entry system and a start button.
  • Updated instrument cluster with a color display full of features (at least at first glance) and the temperature gauge is back!
  • Suspension is a lot better than the 2010 Legacy I have. They have definitely realized that the old suspension wasn't any good. Almost gokart feeling - in an Outback! (at least compared to my current car)
  • Updated Audio unit, but I didn't fiddle with it. And not with the navigation either.
  • Reverse camera - seems to work really fine.
  • Driving in traffic - smooth and with good control.
  • Acceleration - the CVT works like a charm together with the engine, unfortunately I wasn't able to pull too hard on it due to traffic.
  • Parking brake lever between the seats now. Pull to engage instead of push.

Now I'm even more motivated to trade in my current car.

And now since it comes with an AT gearbox there's no big obstacle for SoA to provide the Diesel in North America. (They don't have any excuse anymore)

Fuel consumption (US mpg): 31/42 city/highway.

453747.png

[*]Updated instrument cluster with a color display full of features (at least at first glance) and the temperature gauge is back!

Did you play around with this much? What were the other features? It seemed like the limited last year had a ncie display but not much information to show. The 2014 forester has a lot of info about fuel economy and system diagnostics which SHOULD BE in the legacy/outback.

It did have a bargraph for the fuel economy instead of the misplaced one for the temperature, and it seems to contain some more features than my current car, but I wouldn't call it excessive. Looks nice with the color display which is a step forward from the monochrome display that used to be there. But I didn't fiddle around with it since that's not what I find is the deciding point.

I suspect that the features available here when it comes to the instrument and audio system wouldn't be much different between Europe and the US.

Some of the standard features here are heated seats, adjustable height on passenger seat as well as driver seat, HID low beam, front and rear fog lights, electrically heated and folding mirrors with turn indicators.

Go on and pester your dealers about what you need to do to order the diesel! :p

453747.png

Is it possible to get any or all of the following options on a 2.5i 6spd manual trans: leather seats, heated seats, and eyesight system.

Yes for leather seats (would be an aftermarket solution, though - maybe Katzkin, which is probably nicer than the OEM stuff, anyway)

Yes for heated seats (same deal as the leather)

Probably no for the eyesight system.

It did have a bargraph for the fuel economy instead of the misplaced one for the temperature, and it seems to contain some more features than my current car, but I wouldn't call it excessive. Looks nice with the color display which is a step forward from the monochrome display that used to be there. But I didn't fiddle around with it since that's not what I find is the deciding point.

I suspect that the features available here when it comes to the instrument and audio system wouldn't be much different between Europe and the US.

Some of the standard features here are heated seats, adjustable height on passenger seat as well as driver seat, HID low beam, front and rear fog lights, electrically heated and folding mirrors with turn indicators.

Go on and pester your dealers about what you need to do to order the diesel! :p

Ok thank you for reporting on that. It sounds like its the same electro-luminescent display in the USDM market on the Limiteds.

Nice to see that they're offering Eyesight on the Premium trim, instead of just on the Limited. Based on the price differences in 2013, an EyeSight on Premium + AWP + Moonroof would come out to about $26k. Price of entry for EyeSight on 2013 trims was $30.6k (Limited, EyeSight, Moonroof, Nav).

Wonder how much a GT with the same options costs? Ohhhh... :hide:

:lol:

what's a GT?

:lol:

2005 LGT Wagon Limited 6 MT RBP Stage 2 - 248K

2007 B9 Tribeca Limited DGM - 258K

SOLD - 2005 OB Limited 5 MT Silver - 245K

SOLD - 2010 OB 6 MT Silver - 205K

Archived