LegacyGT.com

The OFFICIAL 2014 Legacy Thread

LegGTLT

When should the OFFICIAL 2015 Legacy Thread Start?  

40 members have voted

1. 1. When should the OFFICIAL 2015 Legacy Thread Start?

• Today, whatever day it is.
    • September 1st, 2013
    • December 1st, 2013
    • March 1st, 2014
    • NEVAR! To avoid the disappointment...

A 2012 Taurus SHO with under 20k miles can be had for $30k. Great bargain. A tune away from a 12 second car. If Subaru doesn't come out with the turbo Legacy, I'm going to wait for the 2013 SHO to drop below $30k. More technology (push button, cooled seats, heated steering wheel, massage seats, etc etc etc) than Subbie will ever have. Looks like a new one can be had for $38k with discounts...hmmmm.

A Ford? Really??

• Replies 321
  • Created
  • Last Reply
A Taurus isn't the same size class as a Legacy by a Long shot. That goes up against the Avalons, Maximas, Azeras, and Impalas of the world. If you're looking for a feature rich boat, there are better choices out there...

None in that group you mentioned offer AWD like the SHO has standard. Plus twin turbo V6! Giggity! Get track goodies with the Performance Package, it's a great car for the value. Tune and and a meth kit, low 12's at 110MPH all day long. Or just a $500 tune, 12's and 105MPH all day long. Try that in anything in it's class. I'm just saying it's one of the best used cars on the market right now with their depreciation.

Really shows you much overpriced a STi Limited is at $40k when the SHO is very nicely loaded for $40K new. LOL.

I can't remember where, I think it was an interview video on the web, but basically, that's not happening anytime soon.

Which we all know is a huge mistake. VW TDIs are selling really well.

Bring in at least a Outback and Forest Diesel and they would sell everyone they made.

If Subaru did bring a diesel in any model, I would purchase one. I would prefer a Legacy or an Outback, but wouldn't be upset if it was only available in a Forester as the newer generation looks nice. Being torn between a VW with the diesel and a Subaru for the AWD is a tough choice as I drive a lot. If a diesel Subaru was sold here in the States, I would not have any decision to make!

Really shows you much overpriced a STi Limited is at $40k when the SHO is very nicely loaded for $40K new. LOL.

An STi is not in SHO class. Their is more to an STi than drag strip & hp numbers. A Evolution MR is even more expensive than a STi (car that is actually in the same class).

I might bite on a STi if the dealer would swap the trunk with a WRX. The STi spoiler is ugly.

I totally agree. Fortunately, I found someone local on nasioc to swap with. my LGT is great and all... but I sure do miss my STi

Passed by the dealer today and they have the new facelifted Outback and the new Forester in. The Burnished Bronze on the Outback looks fine.

I'm going to pass by and try to take a test drive tomorrow.

453747.png

• 2 weeks later...
"So will we see a 2.0T in 2014? Or 2015?"

That's the million dollar question. I too am in the market for a new ride. I don't like the current engine otions in the Impreza/Crosstek & Legacy/Outback so much that I'm seriously considering the '14 XT. This puts me in a waiting game for news about the '14 Legacy & '14 Crosstek before I make my decision. NEWS! I get that the midsize market is so compettative that they have to keep things under wrap, but it's really trying my patience. I really don't want to end up with a '14 XT and a month later hear about a Turbo Crosstek & Turbo Legacy, I would be so pissed!

I need a new car, and Subaru has forced me into a WRX Sedan with a significant lack of creature comforts compared to my 05 LGT.

All I want is an AWD Sedan with a manual transmission and some decent power. I would prefer a 6spd, but If I go the WRX route it'll be a 5spd for sure, since I test drove the STI and hated it.

I'm going to wait until after the NYIAS at the end of the month before I make my decision, if there is no new news I'm just gonna have to pick up the WRX.

I need a new car, and Subaru has forced me into a WRX Sedan with a significant lack of creature comforts compared to my 05 LGT.

All I want is an AWD Sedan with a manual transmission and some decent power. I would prefer a 6spd, but If I go the WRX route it'll be a 5spd for sure, since I test drove the STI and hated it.

I'm going to wait until after the NYIAS at the end of the month before I make my decision, if there is no new news I'm just gonna have to pick up the WRX.

first world problems

Why did you hate the STi?

Because the power was raw and unrefined. It didn't feel like a good car to daily drive. It felt like a weekend garage queen, also the spool on the turbo was abysmal. Stock for stock my stage 1, 2005 LGT felt faster 0-60.

The only way I can describe it, is if you had a LS1 powered Camaro, and then tried to compare it to a LS1 corvette. The Corvette is more refined, the power feels smoother and more like it belongs. The power in the STi feels like a Camaro, too much power for a chassis that wasn't designed for it.

luckily my next purchase is a couple years away or I'd be right with you. Nothing between wrx and going to BMW or Audi s4.

luckily my next purchase is a couple years away or I'd be right with you. Nothing between wrx and going to BMW or Audi s4.

I like the S4's, but you can feel how heavy they are. I ended up going with the LGT because it just felt better to drive (among other things). Now the RS4...that would be a different story. I'm just not that rich yet lol.

I like the S4's, but you can feel how heavy they are. I ended up going with the LGT because it just felt better to drive (among other things). Now the RS4...that would be a different story. I'm just not that rich yet lol.

The S4 may feel heavy, but the weight is offset when they lighten your wallet :)

We're talking almost 20K difference between a then new 2012 LGT and a S4 or comparable BMW.

Just really sucks that there is no middle. If I order a WRX this year, I'll probably get it with the NAV just so I can have some form of modern technology in the car lol.

I am of course crossing my fingers for a 2.0 DIT Legacy debut at the NYIAS in 9 days.

Archived