LegacyGT.com

The OFFICIAL 2014 Legacy Thread

LegGTLT

When should the OFFICIAL 2015 Legacy Thread Start?  

40 members have voted

1. 1. When should the OFFICIAL 2015 Legacy Thread Start?

• Today, whatever day it is.
    • September 1st, 2013
    • December 1st, 2013
    • March 1st, 2014
    • NEVAR! To avoid the disappointment...

• Replies 321
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Mostly likey, yes. :lol: You'll get one of those things if lucky... and I don't think you'll even see any one but the 30MPG. :lol:
Please PM joeleodee For All Site Questions. He is the acting Admin and can resolve anything related to LegacyGT.com

Is it too much to ask for a 300HP Legacy GT with 8 speed auto/cvt that gets 30MPG and does the 1/4 in the mid 13's?

You forgot to state Wagon. And since they already offer it in Japan I don't see a problem for them to offer it in the US.

http://translate.google.com/translate?sl=ja&tl=en&js=n&prev=_t&hl=sv&ie=UTF-8&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.subaru.jp%2Flegacy%2Ftouringwagon%2Fspec%2Findex.html

453747.png

I doubt a 300hp cvt would do mid 13's in a Legacy, it would need be a MT.

I suspect a 2.0DIT 250hp/CVT like the '14 forester will be available in the 6th Gen Legacy, that would probably do 30mpg on the highway. 300hp 2.0DIT will be reserved for the STi.

I suspect a 2.0DIT 250hp/CVT like the '14 forester will be available in the 6th Gen Legacy, that would probably do 30mpg on the highway. 300hp 2.0DIT will be reserved for the STi.

According to AutoSnout:

Subaru Legacy B4 2.0 GT DIT - [2012]

13.78 seconds @ 98.8 mph

It only comes with the high-torque CVT.

http://www.autosnout.com/Quarter-Mile-Car-List.php

I fully believe 30 highway is possible. I have yet to take a long trip with our new fxt, but on highway stints 28+ is the norm.

It's pretty fast for an auto. I don't mind driving it!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

Current: 16 Crosstrek Premium w/ Eyesight & 05 Outback XT 5MT

Past Subies: 14 FXT Premium, 14 WRX hatch, 06 Legacy 2.5i SE 5MT, 98 Outback wagon

Wouldn't be so sure about that last statement...

Subaru Japan yesterday announced the limited run of 300 only special edition Impressa WRX STi Type RA cars... These are to commemorate the recent RA "record attempt" for the Nurburgring 24 hours.... ( further limits of only 200 Nurburgring Special equipment packages are available )

http://www.sti.jp/product/wrxstitstypera/index.html

http://www.sti.jp/product/wrxstitstypera/imgs/gallery_mainimage8.jpg

http://www.sti.jp/product/wrxstitstypera/imgs/gallery_mainimage13.jpg

http://www.sti.jp/product/wrxstitstypera/imgs/exterior_mainimage1.jpg

http://www.sti.jp/product/wrxstitstypera/imgs/exterior_mainimage3.jpg

Of particular interest these cars have a 308hp EJ20 engine - w/ 6MT - NOT a DIT....

Not saying that means anything foreboding for future STi version production models but I found it interesting that they didn't include a DIT version FA20 ?

At the Prova Fair this past weekend I spoke with Yoshida-san from Prova ( lead driver of the Subaru 24hr Nur car last month who is also the go-to guy for driver impression videos for Subaru as seen on YouTube ) and he told me that he doubts that we will ever see a MT on a DIT in it's current form... The torque curve is so low and so flat that a MT makes absolutely no sense - CVT is the way to go in his mind for this type of motor for both drivability and performance...

Further he said that because Subaru switched to a new proprietary type ECU made by Hitachi on the DIT's it has proven extremely difficult to get the Accessport ( prova is the JDM distributor and developer ) to work with this set-up = - = they are essentially "starting over"... This was echo'd by Shiggy at Ecutech Japan recently in an email exchange... Don't expect any ECU tuning before fall to early winter this year ( 18 months post release :mad: )...

So - my point is that: full 300 HP DIT's in STi or Ts versions of either platform should not be considered a given partly due to the fact that many people still yearn for a 6MT in the top performance models even if it is slower than the CVT...

Annnnnd we're in the US so that means we get ~50% of what the ROW market gets on their Subarus. Seriously, people, listen up: Stop expecting anything from SOA. It's been a heartache for most of us the last 8-10 years. :( Stop your dreams now, there is no hope...
Please PM joeleodee For All Site Questions. He is the acting Admin and can resolve anything related to LegacyGT.com

I tried. :lol: It's so f'ing expensive it's not even funny. 2010 A6 Wagon with 6 months left on the warranty is tough to get below $36k-$38k. Then you have $$$$$ maintainence and repairs.

Annnnnd we're in the US so that means we get ~50% of what the ROW market gets on their Subarus.

I don't think the USDM market would be there for a $44,100 to $50,870 "special" STi - it simply wouldn't sell in the market here (that's the range for the WRX STi tS type RA linked above. The US market isn't willing to shell out the cash for a high-end Subaru. (even though folks seem willing to shell out more than that for a decked out Ford F150...) Look at the Legacy GT - dealers were afraid to put them on the lot because they would just sit. The market is different here, so the product makeup is different. Sort of sucks for those of us who don't have an inner redneck itching to come out, and actually prefer smaller cars, but it is what it is. (taking Ford as an example, look what they sell over in Japan - no trucks, no large sedans, a couple of small SUVs and the Exploder. Same deal in the UK and I imagine other countries as well)

I agree the US market is different. I think we don't keep our cars as long either. We live in too much of Walmart world...

When I was looking to buy a new Legacy (2102), my wife comment on how expensive the GT model was. The salesmen said it cost about $3K for each engine upgrade. I looked at the pricing and the 3.6R limited was exactly $3k, the LGT was $3k. I didn't think much of the pricing at the time. Well I have been checking out the '14 Forester because my is due for a new car to replace here aging Highlander. I was shocked to see the price difference was only $3k from the 2.5i CVT to the 2.0 DIT CVT.

I personally think Subaru made a pricing & marketing mistake with the 5th Gen LGT. They either over priced or they should have done more upgrade for the price point (i.e. spec.b suspension upgrade for the price they were charging.). Why did the 2.5LGT limited cost $6k more than the limited 2.5i CVT, when the FXT is only $3K. In theory the CVT is a $1k option, so one could even argue it was $7k option. The XT and LGT are similar interns of what upgrade the turbo option comes with. Both have larger brakes, 18" wheels, dual exhaust, different body work. In addition, the XT comes with si drive.

Maybe Subaru is aggressively pricing the XT, but it doesn't seem like be LGT should have been a 6 or 7k option. It was also hard sell when compared to the 3.6R as well 3-4k for 9 hp doesn't make a logical sense on paper either. The price they were charging and only offering it as 6 speed, pretty much only appealed to the niche market of turbo/MT enthusiasts.

The price they were charging and only offering it as 6 speed, pretty much only appealed to the niche market of turbo/MT enthusiasts.

... and a lot of turbo/MT enthusiasts that have the previous generation of LGT/Spec.B weren't enthusiastic about this generation.

I've got 130K miles on my Spec.B; it's running perfectly at the moment, but I'm wondering if Subaru will again offer a comparable vehicle before I really need to replace it. Note to Subaru: a stealth STi option would also be acceptable. How many STi logos are on the current model? Way too damn many.

In theory the CVT is a $1k option, so one could even argue it was $7k option.
As is the sunroof, which was included on the LGT, but not the 2.5i limited - the price difference was closer to $5k when compared to the 2.5i ($5005, to be exact) and only $2k when compared to the 3.6R ($2005).

I think the two mistakes (from a sales volume point of view) that killed the 5th gen LGT were not offering the 5spd automatic and eliminating the premium trim level. I don't think the pricing was that much of a hurdle. (it's also hard to comment on how reasonable or not the price difference was without knowing the actual cost of the engines in both cars - hard to believe it's a $5k difference from the 2.5i to the 2.5GT, but who knows - there are a bunch of differences - semi-closed deck, dual AVCS, turbo, etc., so there is certainly a manufacturing cost differential, but I don't know how significant it was)

As is the sunroof, which was included on the LGT, but not the 2.5i limited - the price difference was closer to $5k when compared to the 2.5i ($5005, to be exact) and only $2k when compared to the 3.6R ($2005).

I think the two mistakes (from a sales volume point of view) that killed the 5th gen LGT were not offering the 5spd automatic and eliminating the premium trim level. I don't think the pricing was that much of a hurdle. (it's also hard to comment on how reasonable or not the price difference was without knowing the actual cost of the engines in both cars - hard to believe it's a $5k difference from the 2.5i to the 2.5GT, but who knows - there are a bunch of differences - semi-closed deck, dual AVCS, turbo, etc., so there is certainly a manufacturing cost differential, but I don't know how significant it was)

Good pickup, I didn't even notice the sunroof was't standard on the 2.5i or 3.6R limited models.

Don't forget the fuel consumption and CAFE rules.

Right now I suspect that there's a lot of work going on behind the scene with various hybrid solutions and other features aiming to lower the fuel consumption.

453747.png

I think eliminating the premium was a big factor. When my wife and I went shopping for her fxt, we would have gone with the 2.5i premium as she absolutely did not want leather and driving both the touring and premium I felt like I was sliding off the seat on thr touring, bot a great feeling... Plus it was a pretty steep price jump from the premium at about 4k.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

Current: 16 Crosstrek Premium w/ Eyesight & 05 Outback XT 5MT

Past Subies: 14 FXT Premium, 14 WRX hatch, 06 Legacy 2.5i SE 5MT, 98 Outback wagon

Subaru sold more '10 premium 2.5gt than '11 & '12 LGT. I absolutely would have bought a '12 premium LGT.

Subaru cut back GT production after the 2010 models didn't sell. They became sold order only by 2012.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Archived