LegacyGT.com

The OFFICIAL 2014 Legacy Thread

LegGTLT

When should the OFFICIAL 2015 Legacy Thread Start?  

40 members have voted

1. 1. When should the OFFICIAL 2015 Legacy Thread Start?

• Today, whatever day it is.
    • September 1st, 2013
    • December 1st, 2013
    • March 1st, 2014
    • NEVAR! To avoid the disappointment...

• Replies 321
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Almost positive that the new WRX will be announced there too.

I would be surprised if they announced it so early. The 2014 WRX/STi continuing with the current body style, 2015 is now the expect redesign.

I would be surprised if they announced it so early. The 2014 WRX/STi continuing with the current body style, 2015 is now the expect redesign.

Why in the hell are they continuing on with the older body style like that though?! Makes next to no sense to me.

If you're looking for DIT in the USDM in 2014, then you should look closer at the 2014 forester.

eh, they could easily replace the 3.6R with a 2.0DIT. It's bound to bite the dust soon anyway, maybe that is why they ended the LGT a year early so they could fit the 2.0 DIT.

I sure hope so! We want 2.0DITs in Imprezas and Legacies!!! The 3.6R won't cut emissions and MPG ratings going forward. Same thing for the defunct 2.5GT.

Besides, Subaru has decided to sell almost everything with CVTs (we'll start seeing them in all Impreza/Legacies too soon enough) and with more and more Hybrid models coming down the pipeline in years to come.

No ULH, few Turbo or performance oriented models, no manuals, more RWD (maybe some FWD too!). Its what makes a Subaru.... a Subaru. ugh

No ULH, few Turbo or performance oriented models, no manuals, more RWD (maybe some FWD too!). Its what makes a Subaru.... a Subaru. ugh

What you can do is to blame the fuel consumption regulations.

However this will also create a market for aftermarket tuning kits with turbo conversions.

I suspect that one reason for first offering the DIT in the Forester is that the people driving Foresters are not pushing the machinery to the same extent and that they want to get some miles on that engine before placing it into other vehicles.

Add to it the fact that the economy is pretty slow and nervous, so I suspect we are going to see a few years of economy models from many brands.

453747.png

I suspect that one reason for first offering the DIT in the Forester is that the people driving Foresters are not pushing the machinery to the same extent and that they want to get some miles on that engine before placing it into other vehicles.

Production DATA from Subaru Japan - from August > October 2012 shows...

Amongst Legacy Touring Wagons & B4's & Outback ( even though the OBT doesn't have a DIT option )

~ 32.53% of all Legacy models produced during that period have 2.0 DIT engines ( FA20 DIT CVT )...

~ while only .84% produced where 2.5 GT ( EJ25 5EAT )...

~ leaving the remaining 66.73% for the 2.5i models ( FB20 )

NOTE: Manual transmissions are NOT available in any Legacy model in Japan at present - - writing on the wall...:redface:

That puts 1,684 DIT's on the road just during that 3 months - which was 2 months before the Forester XT with DIT was announced...

So I don't think that the Forester with DIT is some sort of "BETA" model to test the DIT... We are already in full fledged adoption mode over here...

Production DATA from Subaru Japan - from August > October 2012 shows...

Amongst Legacy Touring Wagons & B4's & Outback ( even though the OBT doesn't have a DIT option )

~ 32.53% of all Legacy models produced during that period have 2.0 DIT engines ( FA20 DIT CVT )...

~ while only .84% produced where 2.5 GT ( EJ25 5EAT )...

~ leaving the remaining 66.73% for the 2.5i models ( FB20 )

NOTE: Manual transmissions are NOT available in any Legacy model in Japan at present - - writing on the wall...:redface:

That puts 1,684 DIT's on the road just during that 3 months - which was 2 months before the Forester XT with DIT was announced...

So I don't think that the Forester with DIT is some sort of "BETA" model to test the DIT... We are already in full fledged adoption mode over here...

The remaining 66.73 should be a mix of 2.5i, 2.0i and 2.0D if it's the production numbers for all the vehicles you did get.

And as far as I know the EJ25 is going out of production, which explains the lower figures - the DIT is the replacement as I understand it.

453747.png

Just because it doesn't happen in one country, doesn't mean it won't happen here.

Europe doesn't get a manual M5 or M6 but the US does.

GB doesn't even get any Impreza anymore, but we do.

If there's enough interest, it will be available. Write SOA a letter. And if they do bring it over, you better pony up or that would be the last time they try.

the parking brake in the center console may not happen in the states, nor the burnished bronze color...since its likely that all those Legacy's are made in japan and not Lafayette.

I do hope the MFD in the dash on the limited gets some more useful info, seems mostly eye candy. The MFD in the forester is pretty nice, has similar info to a prius, a lot of gimmicky but nice 'central info hub' for the vehicle as shown on joe spitz's page

http://www.cars101.com/subaru/forester/forester2014photos2.html

The remaining 66.73 should be a mix of 2.5i, 2.0i and 2.0D if it's the production numbers for all the vehicles you did get.

And as far as I know the EJ25 is going out of production, which explains the lower figures - the DIT is the replacement as I understand it.

As I stated the numbers I quoted are for JDM production during that 3 month period...

FYI...

1 - There are no 2.0i or 2.0D in the Japanese Domestic Market ( JDM ) so the above quoted production numbers are published as fact.... 66.73% are FB20 N/A motors...

2 - The EJ25 is NOT out of production in Japan - it is still a option being offered as we speak - - All current model year 2.5GT Legacy models are EJ25 (but 5EAT )... If I went down to my local dealer I could order one this morning...

I went back further to check on the first quarter production numbers of the 2.0GT DIT and found that there were a further 1,579 produced - bringing the total ( from first production to October 2012 or 6 months ) to 3,263 DIT's out there roaming around Japan....

Of interest only 880 of those DIT's produced were B4 ( sedans ) leaving 2,603 Touring Wagon DIT's - - the overwhelmingly popular model in the JDM...

The new stats should have come out yesterday 26th but I have not had a chance to see them yet... I will report when I see them...

As I stated the numbers I quoted are for JDM production during that 3 month period...

FYI...

1 - There are no 2.0i or 2.0D in the Japanese Domestic Market ( JDM ) so the above quoted production numbers are published as fact.... 66.73% are FB20 N/A motors...

2 - The EJ25 is NOT out of production in Japan - it is still a option being offered as we speak - - All current model year 2.5GT Legacy models are EJ25 (but 5EAT )... If I went down to my local dealer I could order one this morning...

Cars produced in Japan are not only for the domestic market but also for Europe and Australia. And you didn't specify that they were only for the domestic market, which means that the actual numbers for cars made in Japan should be higher.

The markets and consumer rights processes are different when it comes to Japan, US and Europe. So that means that if there is a problem with a certain model it can kill the sales in Europe and the US completely. Car buyers in both the US and Europe are a pretty conservative bunch too, many prefer tried technology when buying.

453747.png

Archived