LegacyGT.com

Your OWN innovations that actually HELP performance in some way

• Replies 279
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm still waiting to see some innovation posts. Apparently all of the "personal attacks" sent my way must be to cover all of your incredible innovative skills? The only post that actually talked about innovations and ideas was from TSI+WRX and I find those to be incredibly interesting. Obviously to keep the intake air temperature as low as possible results in horsepower gains and the ideas are very cool.

Everyone seems to be able to attack my ideas as they see fit, however, I'm supposed to just sit here and take it? HA...not going to happen. Having a battle of wits with someone that has no ammunition is not even much fun.

I have a lot more innovations and ideas that I've proven to work and I'll be posting some of them soon. Even the most skeptical,if at least able to look with an open mind, will see benefits in them, but then again, I doubt that most of you will be able to even see.

Say what you will. I'm sure I'll receive plenty of "feedback" from this post as I have already seeing as how there are over 80 posts and only one has any legitimate merit as to innovation.

You want innovation, fine. in 2005, I rear ended someone in my 1988 Audi 5000. A new headlight was insanely expensive. So I took the headlight off a 1970something Honda motorcycle, fixed it onto a coffee can, and then fixed the coffee can to my car. BAM, innovation, motherfucker

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v328/most4stel3ss/random/CIMG1078.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v328/most4stel3ss/random/CIMG1079.jpg

You want innovation, fine. in 2005, I rear ended someone in my 1988 Audi 5000. A new headlight was insanely expensive. So I took the headlight off a 1970something Honda motorcycle, fixed it onto a coffee can, and then fixed the coffee can to my car. BAM, innovation, motherfucker

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v328/most4stel3ss/random/CIMG1078.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v328/most4stel3ss/random/CIMG1079.jpg

Gee...now was posting an innovation so hard? :lol:

OP, Stop giving a crap about what people think about the looks of your car. If you like your car then [/endthread]

If you are looking for the LGT forum to provide meaningful discussion and new and innovative ways of car handling dynamics then you are on the wrong forum. Try corner-carvers.com

OP, Stop giving a crap about what people think about the looks of your car. If you like your car then [/endthread]

If you are looking for the LGT forum to provide meaningful discussion and new and innovative ways of car handling dynamics then you are on the wrong forum. Try corner-carvers.com

Actually I put this thread up in complete seriousness to see what people have done to their car that have actually worked. I'm working on a cold air box right now and if someone has already made one that seems to work well, then I would love to see it and maybe avoid some headaches.

Many of the walkthroughs have been informative and I've personally learned a lot from them. I am completely serious when I want to see what people have done. As I list in the first post, the grille, the stereo port, and many other things have been informative and well done. Whether or not I would embrace all of them, I doubt it because a lot of the things that people find important to them don't necessarily fit what I'm looking for but that doesn't detract from the fact that they are innovative and purposeful and most of them are very cool.

Thank you for your recommendation and I will visit that thread.

• I Donated Too
wait! I was just reading along and enjoying what I presumed to all be some sort of end of year satire. However now you're saying you're serious? So given everything so far... I assume this cold air box you are making looks something like this sheet metal screwed onto the hood of your car that you have procured in some dubious manner from outside your local 7-11? Am I right?

42474_IceBox.jpg.0e4c397e2870fd82623c3c91c9893d45.jpg

If you want to talk actual vehicle dynamics, I'm absolutely game. I've got plenty of vehicle design experience for that. I just didn't think some post trying to call out other people as being stupid was a serious way to start a discussion.

I've had many "innovations" on various Subaru platforms. I've certainly no need to "prove" myself to someone who starts a "serious" post off by insulting members of the community.

[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/proper-flip-key-interesti-159894.html"]Flip Key Development Thread[/URL] "Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped." - E. Hubbard

If you want to talk actual vehicle dynamics, I'm absolutely game. I've got plenty of vehicle design experience for that. I just didn't think some post trying to call out other people as being stupid was a serious way to start a discussion.

I've had many "innovations" on various Subaru platforms. I've certainly no need to "prove" myself to someone who starts a "serious" post off by insulting members of the community.

I'll tell you what. Go look at the Compilation of cheap mods, look under BDII's grill mod thread, see where I posted my grill mod, see the responses, and THEN come back to me and tell me where I started any of the crap.

I'll tell you what. IDGAF who started it. Are you a child?
[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/proper-flip-key-interesti-159894.html"]Flip Key Development Thread[/URL] "Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped." - E. Hubbard

i put an intercooler in the back of my car, cut out a spot in my bumper, custom made piping that went to the back and welded in an electronic valve so that when i went in reverse my turbo was getting the same cold charge air as if i was going forward. I do alot of reverse driving and was really worried about heat soak. The engine is behind the intercooler, and when i go backwards all that heat is going right through my intercooler HEATING IT UP!!! so i knew this was an awful design flaw so i thought RMIC (Rear Mounted Intercooler) would solve this. Now i hit peak boost in reverse and IAT's are lower. Thank god, this thread go me to think outside the box i was so scared to drive backwards.

No pics, but back in 2009 I fabbed up a c02 intercooler sprayer for my TMIC using parts from a paintball gun and steel brake lines. I mounted the largest available paintball bottle to a ball valve inside the cab on the passenger side (really safe, right?) and made a perimeter sprayer that fed both ways from one corner with ~1/32" holes drilled every 1/2 inch or so. Didn't work well at all. The bottle and lines would get nice and frosty, but the TMIC had no noticeable change in temp. That, and I only had about 30 seconds of shot before the bottle ran empty.

Maybe some smaller holes would have helped, or more co2. I scrapped the idea after the first attempt, since I was just messing around the week before I deployed to Afg.

• Mega Users
I'll tell you what. Go look at the Compilation of cheap mods, look under BDII's grill mod thread, see where I posted my grill mod, see the responses, and THEN come back to me and tell me where I started any of the crap.

Ill tell you what. Remove the stupid splitter from your car and stop redirecting the conversation away from your wasted ricey effort. Many of us may not have innovated anything on our cars, but ill tell you what we didnt do...put a massive plastic snow plow in front of our car and claim it gave a performance gain.

Now he'll just make fun of you for being old instead, because this is an internet forum and that is what we do. Ha ha ha.

You'll be wanting to get to know a member here by the name of Bosco, he's an octogenarian just like you. You guys can talk about your favorite Metamucil drinks and debate the merits of various denture adhesives.

He also owns a pretty nice C6 Corvette so we're all mildly jealous of his old ass.

The nurses just woke me up from my nap. :lol:

In regards to a front splitter unless your form of racing involves speeds over 80 mph or so I really doubt they would make any difference at all. A good set of tires and brakes would probably help more.

Stay Stock Stay Happy

Just to be clear, I didn't mean my comment as any sort of negative to anyone on the forum, or the forum in general. The OP just seems like he is a bit but-hurt because the 'internet meanies' don't like or understand his car. Nor does he realize that the thread will never be a serious conversation. You hit the nail on the head by not needing to prove anything to someone insulting the community.

Corner Carvers is a forum a bit more dedicated to motorsports performance and not just LGTs which is why I mentioned it, as that seems to be the OPs direction.

• I Donated

in before the lock.

this thread is full retard

http://www.troll.me/images/full-retard/you-went-full-retard-never-go-full-retard.jpg

-broknindarkagain

My Current Project - Click Here

COME AND TAKE IT

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."

Archived