LegacyGT.com

Your OWN innovations that actually HELP performance in some way

• Replies 279
  • Created
  • Last Reply
LOL. A splitter's purpose is to direct air AROUND the car, not under or in many cases not through it. In the case of a splitter directing the air through a car (LMP, TOCA, BTCC, GT500 etc.), the air follows a smooth, guided path through the car and out of a vent. Otherwise, you're creating drag. The splitter has to extend behind the front wheel well to actually work.

No wonder why you think you're fast. HP+ are good for autox and light track use. You've never over heated them because you don't push the car hard enough. I don't know why anyone would consider Kumho XSes at this point in time. They were old news 2 years ago.

And I definitely have to comment about your brake fluid cooler. That sounds like an excellent idea. I'm sure many racing teams will benefit from your knowledge. I'd like to see your setup because BRAKE FLUID DOES NOT CIRCULATE!!!!!!!

Wow. For someone with all your credentials, you've never seen a brake fluid recirculator before?

Wow. For someone with all your credentials, you've never seen a brake fluid recirculator before?

You said,

I also have a simple brake fluid cooler that I made that seems to work well.

NOWHERE, does that say you installed a brake fluid recirculator. You added a ton of complexity for none to minimal gains. Your car will NEVER see the sustained speeds required for such a system.

You could've garnered better results with brake ducts, the correct pads, tires, and 2 piece rotors

You said,

NOWHERE, does that say you installed a brake fluid recirculator. You added a ton of complexity for none to minimal gains. Your car will NEVER see the sustained speeds required for such a system.

You could've garnered better results with brake ducts, the correct pads, tires, and 2 piece rotors

It sure is easy to piss you off...LOL

Is this thread for serious? I'm seriously :lol:'ing at these "innovations".
[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/proper-flip-key-interesti-159894.html"]Flip Key Development Thread[/URL] "Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped." - E. Hubbard

That sounds like a very practical, doable, and measurable idea. Perhaps have it run on a temperature sensor put in the upper radiator hose or you could have it run on the EGT if you still are using it. Would you rather have it pull through the TMIC or push through from the top?

The radiator has it's own temp sensor, so it seems the best way to do it would just be to run a voltage switch from the radiator fan.

If I were to do it, seems a pull system would be best, just like a radiator.

The radiator has it's own temp sensor, so it seems the best way to do it would just be to run a voltage switch from the radiator fan.

The more I thought about it, if you tried to push, when the fan was not running it would just be an air block, so definitely pull. I found this in a quick look:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/7-UNIVERSAL-SLIM-FAN-PUSH-PULL-ELECTRIC-RADIATOR-COOLING-12V-/261141906346?hash=item3ccd4543aa&item=261141906346&pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&vxp=mtr

It's 7", cheap, and slim line. I may even try this myself too. What I meant by the sensor in the upper radiator hose, is there are several different types that you can add in without compromising the OE sensor. Flex-a-Lite has a couple of different ones and there are also a couple of aluminum pieces that you cut the hose and install between the two pieces and put a sensor in. Flex-a-Lite also has a temperature programmer (I have one on my big Dodge van) that you can set to turn on anywhere from 170 on up and that could also be a good addition for flexibility.

At any rate, I think it's a very good idea and should be simple to do.

Best way to reduce drag, block you front grill ;)

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/01/03/bynu9ysu.jpg

Well it works for the Cup guys in qualifying, but only for a couple of laps and the things are geysering out water...LOL.

• I Donated Too

where will you go next JmP688992867-5309? Hood louvres? Because that went down really well on this forum too... this thread is reaching similar proportions. Well done!

Dear old NJLGT would be proud of you too...

Here are the radiator hose adapters I was talking about:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/38mm-hud-ADD-water-Temp-Temperature-Gauge-Radiator-Adapter-Hose-Sensor-/140901862442?hash=item20ce67cc2a&item=140901862442&pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&vxp=mtr

where will you go next JmP688992867-5309? Hood louvres? Because that went down really well on this forum too... this thread is reaching similar proportions. Well done!

Dear old NJLGT would be proud of you too...

You know....I just might but only if that would make you happy Sigma.

You guys are focusing to much on adding mods to increase performance.

How about Taking off useless weight.

Hood, Brakes, Brake Pedal, Emergency Brake, Seats, doors, trunk!

Show me how to take the trunk off.

it would synchronically delight and enthrall me if you were to whip out the dremel immediately Sir and film it for all to see...

Dremel wouldn't be the way to do it. One hit with a sharp axe and there's one louvre.

There you go!!! Practice on the trunk once you've got it off. Why waste it?

If famaya hadn't helped you out there, I would of course have loaned you my hood... but now, no need.

Yeah...but that's not the same as the hood. Cmon....please? I promise I'll make them nice and neat.

• I Donated Too

Well there's funny you ask that!! I would. Only I've seen some of your other recent handy work and this might shock you, but it's not been exactly quality stuff.

In fact it's very much like some of the disastrous efforts in this thread:

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/your-own-innovations-actually-help-performance-some-way-198870.html

funny how that guy calls those things innovations and then it all ends up with some banter about shoving an axe into the hood. Serious stuff indeed!

Archived