LegacyGT.com

BrenTuning: legacygt.com Tuning Day

Nrw

• Replies 976
  • Created
  • Last Reply

^ $300-$500 depending on mods. There is a discounted price for doing it on this LGT tuning day. Email Bren with a mod list to know exactly for sure.

As far as power ...

Stock is ~190awhp (243hp at the crank when new) on about 12-13 lbs of boost

Stage 1 (tune only) is ~225awhp on about 15-17 lbs of boost

Stage 2 (up and down at least) is ~250awhp on about 19-21 lbs of boost

etc ...

(all of course depending on supporting mods)

Also, reminder to everybody on this thread ... make sure you come with a full tank of gas of whatever octane you'd like to be tuned for. (If you want a 91 tune, come with 91 in the tank).

Nrw, can you recommend a nearby gas station to use? I will certainly need to at least top off before pulling in, since I will be coming from Beantown way.

All of which raises some questions that I don't actually know the answer to. My understanding is that while the owner's manual recommends 91 or better for LGTs, you can occasionally get away with a tank of lesser octane if necessary (I travel to the backwoods of Maine, which often only has 87 at boonies gas stations).

What about a tuned vehicle? Especially, if it's tuned for 93. Can the ecu still pull enough timing to deal with a tank of 87 or even a tank of bad gas?

I might possible go. Just got my catless into stock catback and intake, anyone know what the tune cost is. I'm just looking to up the boost maybe to 14-15 it's my daily so I want it reliable. Also anyone know what Id make for power??

email bren

sales@brentuning.com

If your getting tuned you must email him and let him know so he can schedule the day.

Nrw, can you recommend a nearby gas station to use? I will certainly need to at least top off before pulling in, since I will be coming from Beantown way.

There's a BP right next to the dyno, I personally like shell which there is one to mins down the road.

As for octane, I'd let bren know. He'd be able to let you know what to do. I don't know much about the black magic he works :lol:

idk anyone who is doing 350 with a vf52? pretty sure unless you are on e85 that it would be a hair drier and way beyond its efficiency on pump gas at that level. BTW going to bren's to get my fmic today at lunch woohoo

It was a 2010 wrx. Every bolt on you can think of, full fuel

if your vf52 is putting down over 325ish... you may be able to edge out a stage two sti... Again, really depends on your car and tune. 300ish is likely more accurate on a vf52 on an lgt (with fuel). Every now and then you see a car stand out a bit with a 52 though...

Is your goal over 350whp? if so, you picked the wrong turbo... Shoulda went 20g

if your vf52 is putting down over 325ish... you may be able to edge out a stage two sti... Again, really depends on your car and tune. 300ish is likely more accurate on a vf52 on an lgt (with fuel). Every now and then you see a car stand out a bit with a 52 though...

Is your goal over 350whp? if so, you picked the wrong turbo... Shoulda went 20g

I think with fuel mods ill be between 310whp-325whp. But my goal with this car was only 300whp. So the vf52 is perfect for me. I was just trying to learn more about the vf52 and its specs and limits.

And also seeing where I would match up after my tune with an sti.

All curiosity :)

I know bren gets impressive numbers, but i wouldnt bank on 325.

If you go into another dyno database like EFI, etc... you will see the vf52 top out (on a gt) at about 302 iirc... with some in the 270's even (with full supports). Now, i know bren goes deep into the tune to make some sick alterations... But, ready yourself for the norm, and hope for the awesome :)

Before i chose my turbo, i did a shit ton of research on the 16, 52, and 18... i read through hundreds of pages and dynos plots.

Archived