LegacyGT.com

BrenTuning: legacygt.com Tuning Day

Nrw

• Replies 976
  • Created
  • Last Reply
All front mounts have quirks installing them. Pick the one that fits your requirements. I wanted to keep the bumper beam and fogs. So that left me with the RacerX and AVO. I couldn't justify the AVO at this point.

So, I get in to the 99 Honda Accord this morning and turn it over, starter motor goes and sounds strong. All the lights seem bright, but the motor just won't catch. So I figure, well the battery looks good, but the car has been sitting for three days, maybe it's just a little too low on juice to fire the motor, so I put the sucker in neutral and start pushing it around my drive way so I can get the battery close enough to the LGT battery so that my jumpers will reach.

Of course, the LGT is up in the air with the intercooler off, so I decide it's not really a great idea to try and fire the LGT so I can jump off the running alternator, so I just hook up to the battery. Still no joy. So I get the wife out and we monkey the Accord out in to the street and I have her try to pop the clutch. Still no good.

We push it back in to the driveway and I cab the kids to daycare for $20 bucks and then I call AAA. So the Accord is on the flatbed on it's way a mile down the street to Fantasia's. The LGT is in the air with no intercooler and no right front wheel on. I haven't cracked the axle nut yet, so I could still put that all back together, but I'm gonna wait and see if the Accord is an easy fix at the shop today. If not, I may have to button up the LGT so I have a DD.

Grrrrrr. Of course the very first time my 13 year old Honda fails to start in its entire life is 14 hours AFTER I make the LGT a temporary non-runner at the start of a big job.

/rant.

• I Donated Too
like my last tune - it was 95oF and humid like today. So yes, I got some good numbers with 2 degrees of timing pulled constantly but it always plays on my mind how good the numbers could have been! 300whp under those conditions is fantastic... but what could they have been?

like my last tune - it was 95oF and humid like today. So yes, I got some good numbers with 2 degrees of timing pulled constantly but it always plays on my mind how good the numbers could have been! 300whp under those conditions is fantastic... but what could they have been?

yea it was brutal out that day, I was glad I was sitting in my AC'd office :lol:

why the angry face? your car form what i was told is quite the little rocket....you have not updated your build thread with results even though i know them ;)

Im jealous youll be at 330whp :redface:

But i really dont have any number per sae. Bren said hed guess between 290-300whp on a real conservative tune because I dont have the forge bpv yet. But I need to get that and a fuel pump and ill be set. I wanted a FMIC but I was talking to Alberto and he said the cash to power ratio isnt worth it. Better money could be spent on water/meth injection or header.

Anyways, good for you and your LGT. Its my idol ;)

Archived