LegacyGT.com

BrenTuning: legacygt.com Tuning Day

Nrw

• Replies 976
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I mentioned this to the wife, and we might drive over simply to hang out, meet some people, ask some questions, and eat your food.

The car is still very new to me, so I'm not planning to get a tune done this year... but it is something I'd like to do at some point. Besides, I need figure out what winter wheels/tires I want, which will probably be about the same cost as AP + tune anyway.

Hope to see ya there! Great place to learn a few things. I can't make any promises on peer pressure though :)

Wish you guys were closer.

Maybe I'll drag my prego wife out there and say hi if the schedule allows.

Do it! You should drag out that other specB fellow with ya

Going to be working my ass off so I can get the funds for this. I want to get a DW65C Fuel Pump before I dyno.

No time for rest, work work work! Battle of the vf52's!

Me and Moosh are going to have a battle of the stage deuces :lol:

If I push I could probably get my wagon back together in time for this. If so I'd also be interested in doing a pull just for curiosities sake, but it would be worth stopping by regardless.

Alright. I succumb to peer pressure. Put me on the list. I might have to put out the call for last minute assistance a few days beforehand, but why do I have the feeling the rest of you will be working hard on your own issues as time gets close. :) I'll make it happen. ;)

Fyi ... I can be pretty flexible on timing that day. Of course, I'll be coming from Boston at 1/4 throttle the whole way, so it may take me a while to get there, but I don't mind getting up early in the day if that's how things shake out. However Bren and Neil wanna run this show is cool with me though.

• I Donated Too
Alright. I succumb to peer pressure. Put me on the list. I might have to put out the call for last minute assistance a few days beforehand, but why do I have the feeling the rest of you will be working hard on your own issues as time gets close. :) I'll make it happen. ;)

Dujo let me know, I am not far from you. I am already built and tuned so I will not be in a state before the dyno and can help out.

Nrw can you make like custom tribute videos of individual dyno tunes?

Or lets see what you have done so far, if you have any available.

2 pages worth can be found here http://www.youtube.com/user/BrenTuning :)

Why can people all of a sudden get together so easily like this, but can have a meet... :icon_sad:

It's because you were new, no one knows you yet :lol:

I'll be building my shitbox the friday of haha

This just might b a long ass day which would b great as i wont b there until 130!! Which means ill b able to do it

Fyi ... I can be pretty flexible on timing that day. Of course, I'll be coming from Boston at 1/4 throttle the whole way, so it may take me a while to get there, but I don't mind getting up early in the day if that's how things shake out. However Bren and Neil wanna run this show is cool with me though.

Bren will work with you guys for tuning times. He has no issues with spending the day there cranking out top notch tunes for our LGT's.

IIRC, I don't think Bren does "early" :lol:

I got another set of hands/tools here that can help out, if needed... Don't know much, but if you can tell me what to do and need some help, I'm also in the neighborhood... Though I'll be out of town in the days immediately before Tuning Day...

Hoping to swing by (driving down Rt2 from VT to Boston that day anyway, so not too far out of the way) for a bit during the afternoon to put some names/faces with screen names... Look forward to meeting/seeing you all!

As long as im on the dyno by 2pm i should be fine for work that night

And im just nervous when I do the street tune because I am not really good at stick yet, so i feel like i wont get the best out of the tune if i drive it

As long as im on the dyno by 2pm i should be fine for work that night

And im just nervous when I do the street tune because I am not really good at stick yet, so i feel like i wont get the best out of the tune if i drive it

Put it in whatever gear he tells you to. Mash the gas when he says. Don't bounce of the rev limiter.

I should realy get the BNR 16g and FMS tmic that has been siting in my basment for like 2 months now installed on my wife's LGT and get it up there, but I would have to do the install the night before and I dont think I can get it all done in one night.

Let's see ...

Passenger side torn inner cv joint boot (might as well replace the gear oil with extra s at this time) - still need parts and gear oil ... just found this one when I had the underneath plastic skid plate thingy off to do gauges.

F/R sways plus endlinks + support braces

Infamous oil line

uppipe (CEL resistor disable)

downpipe with wideband O2 (gauge already mounted, but sensor line needs to be run)

catback

intercooler

turbo blanket

turbo heatshield

new battery?

in my driveway on jackstands with handtools. :p

Be nice to get the USDM fogs mounted in the JDM bumper. Maybe do some engine bling and lip, but those may be lower priority. We'll see. :)

Total car experience to date:

oil change

suspension (struts - a couple times)

cosmetic nonsense (hellas, etc)

gauges

oh and cai on the 4-banger '99 Honda Accord 5MT.

Car also must be running on September 12-14th as my wife will take our other car out of town for a business trip and I need a DD. :)

Sounds like I should try to knock out as much as I can of those first three this weekend and then do the exhaust/intercooler stuff after the 14th.

Archived