LegacyGT.com

BrenTuning: legacygt.com Tuning Day

Nrw

• Replies 976
  • Created
  • Last Reply

yea plus ur car came with that perrin tmic right? so in theory not worth it, as you already have a strong upgrade. You are going to the dyno day still though right?

NRW if you cook me a mean ass burger on the 29th i might give you a ride if i dont grenade my motor lol

:lol: I'll be busy filming/picture taking, though I can grill like a boss. I think Bren's going to have one of his friends man a grill. I'll probably bring my popup tent to provide some extra shelter/shady spot to do any last minute installs.

Yes Im going to the dyno day, provided I dont get my car impounded for speeding tickets or whatever.. This thing is rediculously faster than stock!

But I have a red rejection sticker for fricken window tint (previous owner put 15% on rear windshielf...like wtf?) Im trying to find a place that will pass it

you got 30 days with that sticker so plenty of time.....and be easy on the throttle this car can get anyone in trouble quickly...it will only go as fast your right foot wants it to.

Nope im not even suppose to be driving it. Its a RED R which means safety as opposed to Black R for emissions.

But its more like it will only go as fast as my right hand wants it to go

Then you you gotta pay again. Rear windshield shouldn't have failed you (unless laws changed again) its only the front two that matter.

Robtrice- if you make 330 I'll be pissed. Hopefully I can still edge you out in tq.

Perrin tmic vs fmic- fmic takes it. Though I do miss having a tmic (way less intrusive)

I don't think you'll see much with headers. I still don't have them, probably never will (because I won't afford the kb ones :)

^ Nothing if they don't catch you on the street. Extra ticket if you get pulled over and they notice ... even if a copper just notices your car parked on a public roadway, he can write you a ticket. You're cool in your driveway of course.

Mass = 35% all around. Yes.

As far as as exhaust leak ... I dunno if that is a failing offense. Regardless of whether or not it is a fail, they don't do any kind of sniffer test any more in Mass, so if you're not throwing any codes at the OBDII port and they don't notice an exhaust leak ... you may be good. Spc, did you have a problem on the last test with exhaust leak? Or just window tint?

Mass = 35% all around. Yes.

As far as as exhaust leak ... I dunno if that is a failing offense. Regardless of whether or not it is a fail, they don't do any kind of sniffer test any more in Mass, so if you're not throwing any codes at the OBDII port and they don't notice an exhaust leak ... you may be good. Spc, did you have a problem on the last test with exhaust leak? Or just window tint?

Right when I bought the car I had to get it registered. And I failed because one of the headlight signal bulbs wouldnt light up when the headlights were on, but it would turn on when the signal was on... so i just need a new bulb.

And also I failed mainly because the rear window is 15% tint. Previous owner had it passed and emailed him about it but no response.

there has too be a sketchy place in worcester that will pass you....firepuma i am skeptical for those numbers, 320 and ill b happy. i guess the fmic just gives alot more tuning flexibility based on what bren was telling me today. A few weeks back there was a guy with a '11 wrx (full tbe, up pipe, intake, ebcs, perrin fmic) and after like 4 pulls was already putting down 335whp! i mean that car wass brand new and im well past new but we shall c.

Well, the rust is winning. So far, I have had to cut the nuts off of three endlink bolts (haven't even gotten to the fourth yet), cut both cans off the exhaust y pipe, and snapped a ball joint retainer bolt.

At least the axle nut came off like butter with an air gun though.

Intercooler removal was a breeze. Can't quite picture how the turbo blanket is supposed to wrap the turbo. Need to see if I can find a pic of that somewhere.

Well, the rust is winning. So far, I have had to cut the nuts off of three endlink bolts (haven't even gotten to the fourth yet), cut both cans off the exhaust y pipe, and snapped a ball joint retainer bolt.

At least the axle nut came off like butter with an air gun though.

Intercooler removal was a breeze. Can't quite picture how the turbo blanket is supposed to wrap the turbo. Need to see if I can find a pic of that somewhere.

ahh you didn't get the memo.. It's easier to just cut all the stock endlinks off. Not worth the headache trying to remove them properly.

I basically figured it out. Does one actually cut the endlinks? That seems a little redundant to me seeing as how you would need to cut the nut at the axle mounting point regardless in order to get the hardware out of the mounting hole. I just cut the nuts with a dremel and removed rsb and endlinks as one unit. Stock endlink bolts are trashed, so the endlinks are also trash, but they were trash before I took 'em off the car. My rsb has some rust spots, but it's not as bad as some I've seen online.

There is a lot of rust under my car. Starting to make me feel like I should do something about it. My motor mounts are kind of a disaster of oxidation.

Archived