LegacyGT.com

BrenTuning: legacygt.com Tuning Day

Nrw

I have about 4 galons of extra s if you need some.

Let's see ...

Passenger side torn inner cv joint boot (might as well replace the gear oil with extra s at this time) - still need parts and gear oil ... just found this one when I had the underneath plastic skid plate thingy off to do gauges.

F/R sways plus endlinks + support braces

Infamous oil line

uppipe (CEL resistor disable)

downpipe with wideband O2 (gauge already mounted, but sensor line needs to be run)

catback

intercooler

in my driveway on jackstands with handtools. :p

Be nice to get the USDM fogs mounted in the JDM bumper. Maybe do some engine bling and lip, but those may be lower priority. We'll see. :)

Total car experience to date:

oil change

suspension (struts - a couple times)

cosmetic nonsense (hellas, etc)

gauges

oh and cai on the 4-banger '99 Honda Accord 5MT.

Car also must be running on September 12-14th as my wife will take our other car out of town for a business trip and I need a DD. :)

Sounds like I should try to knock out as much as I can of those first three this weekend and then do the exhaust/intercooler stuff after the 14th.

• Replies 976
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Can we also do dyno pulls? I bet Bren can find some more power in my tune, but if I make more power I will probably need a new clutch. I have self tuned and would really be interested in the results.

Didn't forget about you! I just got a hold of Bren. Unfortunately no individual (non tuning) pulls at on this date. Hope to see you swing by anyways!

As long as im on the dyno by 2pm i should be fine for work that night

And im just nervous when I do the street tune because I am not really good at stick yet, so i feel like i wont get the best out of the tune if i drive it

When I got tuned with him, the real tuning was done on the dyno (Bren "driving"). The street portion was just so he can take a look at the datalogs from the AccessPORT and make sure there's no knock/problems... Pretty basic "mash the skinny pedal and don't hit anything" kinda stuff...

in my driveway on jackstands with handtools. :p

I got 2 ramps and more hand tools if that helps at all... but again, my LGT wrench experience is limited to: taking apart my grill and PDing it, installing foglights, adjusting my whiteline adjustable RSB (installed by a pro), changing oil/tires... so I'm not too much help unless you can tell me what to do, or at least point me to a good walkthrough...

I have about 4 galons of extra s if you need some.

6qts shipped/delivered? Or do I have to come get it? :)

Thanks pfoyle, I've got a pair of ramps too. I know just about as much as you do, but I'm gonna go for it anyway. :)

6qts shipped/delivered? Or do I have to come get it? :)

Thanks pfoyle, I've got a pair of ramps too. I know just about as much as you do, but I'm gonna go for it anyway. :)

I had some one come get a galon today. So, I am down to about 3 galons now.

You have to come get it and bring your own containers. $10 a qt.

• I Donated Too
So what would a retune run me NRW? (I know probably a question for Bren...) - I was tuned on August 3rd for $475 so I can't spend that again but I was on that dyno for a long time... IF I was to be able to find a Process West TMIC in time, I may consider it but that's based on all these If's - If there's a PW actually in stock that can deliver in time, If I can make that jump to spend $1000 on a TMIC and If it isn't a ridiculous cost for a retune for the installed TMIC - I know dyno time is dyno time... just looking for an idea of the total I might bleed here vs the first time I just got tuned.

So what would a retune run me NRW? (I know probably a question for Bren...) - I was tuned on August 3rd for $475 so I can't spend that again but I was on that dyno for a long time... IF I was to be able to find a Process West TMIC in time, I may consider it but that's based on all these If's - If there's a PW actually in stock that can deliver in time, If I can make that jump to spend $1000 on a TMIC and If it isn't a ridiculous cost for a retune for the installed TMIC - I know dyno time is dyno time... just looking for an idea of the total I might bleed here vs the first time I just got tuned.

Apologies for going a bit off-topic... Is the PW TMIC only good for 4th Gens? Will not fit a 5th gen, will it? I am likely gonna be picking up a TMIC in the near future... is the RacerX one the only option for 2010+ ? Thanks!

I know a retune fee is normally much cheaper. I'm not going to throw out numbers since I don't deal with pricing.

Apologies for going a bit off-topic... Is the PW TMIC only good for 4th Gens? Will not fit a 5th gen, will it? I am likely gonna be picking up a TMIC in the near future... is the RacerX one the only option for 2010+ ? Thanks!

Your turbo is mounted completely different location. You might be able to jerryrig it into place, but I don't recommend doing that. They should have put a factory fmic on the 5th gens seeing as how your turbo is down low and up front.

I had some one come get a galon today. So, I am down to about 3 galons now.

You have to come get it and bring your own containers. $10 a qt.

Sourced it from somebody who will bring it to my door. Thanks for the offer though beefcake. Got a hold of the cv joint kit from Cityside Subaru today too.

Your turbo is mounted completely different location. You might be able to jerryrig it into place, but I don't recommend doing that. They should have put a factory fmic on the 5th gens seeing as how your turbo is down low and up front.

Definitely not worth it, especially with RacerX TMIC for $600... was just trying to see if I had options or if one was better than another... Thanks for info fellas!

Hey spc2125, just found your turbo upgrade thread ... fun reading. spc's gonna make more power than me. :(

:p

Watch out! Im running 18psi and somewhere between 290-300whp.

But im adding a fuel pump hopefully before i dyno at the end of the month!

Glad you enjoyed the thread : p

Archived