LegacyGT.com

2005 Legacy GT V8 Build (LS2/LQ4)

It doesn't. I ran RWD in my first gen for a while. I broke two 160's and the guy I sold the car to broke 5 or 6. An R180 can.

I'd be curious if it were possible to run 300Z or J30 outer cups on 5MT axles.

That would not work as the Nissan axles have a much thicker beefier spline and it does not match up

2005 Legacy GT 5MT

Buy my stuff Here

So I can build my 6.0L V8 Legacy GT Here

• Replies 347
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That is badass. I never even gave a thought to swapping an ls motor into a LGT. Some day I may have to copy your idea.

What all kinds of chassis stiffening or bracing are you planning(oh yeah, flame suit is on, I did not read from beginning)?

Sucks you can't keep the AWD, that'd be CRAZY to have that much HP with AWD. You should keep it street legal, and just monster everything.

Or track it out, but extremely awesome build, I can't wait to see it finished.

^ my engine is ready to put out about 650 hp as its currently setup on 91 pump gas.

but my tranny starts slipping in 4th and 5th gears when i go over about 10-14 lbs boost. in the 400 hp range but its well over 450-500 ft lbs torque.

but its my daily driver .. and i have now taken on mortgage payments for my girlfriend house.. so things have slown down a bit. but all its going to take is a few extra clutches added in the tranny witch is a pretty simple task.

Now that's thinking out of the boxer!:lol:

fyi all 05 + legacy's have built in code reader

damn! Will definitely be looking into that if/when my motor goes.What kind of mods to get the motor up to that power output? and I see 5EAT in your profile, are you still on the Legacy 5EAT?
God created turbo lag to give V8s a chance

I believe last I heard he was running a Holset turbo on it. The 3.8 Buick motors are bulletproof if you maintain them. I took my 89 3.8 Bonneville to 280,000 miles before the heater core went out and the trans was having some issues already so I scrapped it.

2005 Legacy GT 5MT

Buy my stuff Here

^ the confusion was them asking about my buick v6 turbo powered legacy using the stock drive train. and stock 5 eat tranny

the v8 swapped legacy is using the cts-v 6 mt

Now that's thinking out of the boxer!:lol:

fyi all 05 + legacy's have built in code reader

^ the confusion was them asking about my buick v6 turbo powered legacy using the stock drive train. and stock 5 eat tranny

the v8 swapped legacy is using the cts-v 6 mt

I wonder if we could avoid confusion by you not talking about your buick swap in this V8 swap thread.

:hide:

Nothing exciting has been hapenning. Have been buying up bushings and mounts for the various items and cleaning up and organizing the parts in my new shop.

Also, took another 05 Garnet GT in on a trade so am going to spend some time to clean it up so I can put it up for sale

2005 Legacy GT 5MT

Buy my stuff Here

We are going to finish up on the diff and axles this week. In the meantime, I have been working on a timing chain on my DD (Cadillac STS) and prepping the other LGT for sale

http://img46.imageshack.us/img46/5813/photolnm.jpg

2005 Legacy GT 5MT

Buy my stuff Here

• 2 weeks later...

I've been searching YouTube and all the interwebs trying to find exactly what you are doing!

I want to do the same to my trusty old Legacy wagon I've had since new.

http://i1062.photobucket.com/albums/t498/bunnv1/Random%20cars/20130426_135138_zpsae56f662.jpg

Thanks for posting!

• 2 weeks later...

Archived