LegacyGT.com

Spc2125 Help Thread

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • I Donated
I dont think you understand what im doing...

I have A/S dws tires... that means use then in DRY, WET, SNOW

If i buy his summer wheels/tires, then when my A/S tires lose the "S" and now are only good for DRY and SNOW... im shit out of luck and will need to buy snow tires and be stuck with the A/S...

Uh, what? :confused:

Summer tires will make your all-seasons ineffective in the wet? :iam:

Or will they just "lose the 'S'" and be ineffective in the snow? :iam:

I'm confused. :cool:

so you either buy new all seasons for next winter....or buy summers for this summer? Either way you look at it you are gonna have to buy two sets of tires at some point. Might as well buy your new wheels with new summer tires. You pay more upfront but its way more convenient....i just dropped $700 for my winter tires on stock wheels, now ill run my A/S into the ground and get some BFG's for next summer that wil be on my summer wheels.

also jerm that pic of chris is hilarious

I dont know what its hard to understand this...

A/S arent going to be good in the snow in a year or two. So the tread that will be left on the tire will be good enough for summer... but ill already have tires on my summer rims.

They are DWS. So once the tread gets lower, it wont be good for the snow and will only be good for dry and wet. And I will no longer be able to use them in the winter. (obvious)

So I am going to put the A/S DWS tires on the set of summer wheels I get and ill have them on there for a few years. Then later this yera toward october, ill get a set of winter tires for the oem wheels.

Your going to have to put that in simpler terms.

This year:

Summer wheels = $1000-$1300 or something? (already mounted and balanced)

In two years:

Snow tires + mounted + balanced = $650

3 year total assuming no blow outs or balancing: $2000 tops. Depending on pricing of Volks.

OR,

You can pay to have your current tires unmounted and remounted on a new set of wheels, then buy tires for your old set and pay to have them mounted to your old ones. Which is just a big tire clusterfuck.

I want to run my A/S till there bald... im going to haveta get snow tires before the tread is up

Summer wheels + used A/S = $1000-1200

In the winter, oem + new snow tires = $600

Then wont have to worry about tires for the next few years...

This year:

Summer wheels = $1000-$1300 or something? (already mounted and balanced)

In two years:

Snow tires + mounted + balanced = $650

3 year total assuming no blow outs or balancing: $2000 tops. Depending on pricing of Volks.

OR,

You can pay to have your current tires unmounted and remounted on a new set of wheels, then buy tires for your old set and pay to have them mounted to your old ones. Which is just a big tire clusterfuck.

Well you tried.

• I Donated
I want to run my A/S till there bald... im going to haveta get snow tires before the tread is up

So what you're saying is, it's a better idea to spend $1600-1800 this year, than $1000-1200 this year, and $600 in two years? :iam:

I'll say it again: :iam:

• I Donated Too
Well not bald, but atleast get my moneys worth of them...

And if i buy the winter tires this year... i wont haveta buy tires for 3-4 years

And if i buy the winter tires this year... i wont haveta buy tires for 3-4 years

http://gifsforum.com/images/gif/rage/grand/46059504-rage-gif-.gif

You missed this occurrence. He then decided to not be lazy on the last line.

Archived