LegacyGT.com

Spc2125 Help Thread

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • I Donated
Okay okay. Just black rims then.

Now i have A/S on my spec b rims now. Should i transfer those to my summer wheels and get winter tires for the spec b wheels? Or just buy summer tires for the summer wheels?

And regarding the center diff, it seems to be doing really well. No problems really.

Sometimes though when i first crank the car ill get a squeeling noise, and when i make a turn when i first start the car itll squeel a bit. But it usually goes away when its warmed up. Im thinking its just the cold.

Does anybody who uses the Torque Pro app know how to show boost in positive numbers? I got it to not read in Hg, but its still reading on the opposite side. I know the whole vacuum part, but it still doesnt go into the positive numbers when in boost

Torque has adjusters for atmosphere, idling you should be at about -20 in hg. You have new all seasons right? Should be fine for one winter

Torque has adjusters for atmosphere, idling you should be at about -20 in hg. You have new all seasons right? Should be fine for one winter

My A/S are fine, I was just thinking it would be easier to transfer them to my summer rims and then get real snow tires for the winter. Rather than having a set of A/S and summer tires.

And this is what I have for Torque on medium to warmed up car

Heres boost on idle with these setting

http://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-snc6/734760_10200341219357667_1801287794_n.jpg

Heres boost on idle in/Hg

http://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/64951_10200341237118111_410897325_n.jpg

I know its suppose to read negative until it reaches boost, but it still doesnt reach positive numbers. It hits around -2 or -3 when im in full boost. And I think Bren put me at 20psi

• I Donated
My A/S are fine, I was just thinking it would be easier to transfer them to my summer rims and then get real snow tires for the winter. Rather than having a set of A/S and summer tires.

And this is what I have for Torque on medium to warmed up car

Heres boost on idle with these setting

http://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-snc6/734760_10200341219357667_1801287794_n.jpg

Heres boost on idle in/Hg

http://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/64951_10200341237118111_410897325_n.jpg

I know its suppose to read negative until it reaches boost, but it still doesnt reach positive numbers. It hits around -2 or -3 when im in full boost. And I think Bren put me at 20psi

Go into the settings, there's a boost adjuster for +14.7, 0, -14.7 fiddle around until you read normal numbers

You can also make it read in hg for vacuum and psi for boost

My tire priority was summer grip for autocross so I ran all seasons my first winter and then bought summer wheels and summer tires from tire rack. I then bought winters for this winter because my all seasons had some autocross on them and didn't have the tread depth they used to. Ymmv

• I Donated
Right now I am running A/S on summer wheels and snow tires on winter wheels. The A/S were practically brand-new when I bought the car and I just can't justify switching them out until they are much more worn. You can bet I will be putting summer tires on those wheels once the A/S are worn out, though. And when my snow tires wear out, I'm thinking I'll get performance winters. Because Mid-Atlantic. :lol:

• I Donated Too

considering getting your car detailed? money really does burn a hole in your pockets...

I just spent approx $6 on two 5 gallon buckets at Home Depot. That's my auto detailing budget blown right there...

and I want to know what's going on inside your OLD diff - not that you don't have problems on your new one (yet) - because depending what you find in the old diff (or more likely what's missing from inside that diff) will determine how soon the (yet) becomes another thread on here asking for advice on what to do probably saying something like you just blew the last of your money at the Happy Ending detail shop getting your red specB seats rubbed down with with whale oil but for some reason you can't get the transmission in any gear and they are charging you by the hour to be parked in their cleaning bay...

so get it opened up already!!!

just keep your a/s on now its already half way through january roads are already prepped for winter so unless we get a huge storm the need for winters is not needed. I have a/s on right now but need to get my nice wheels off the roads this week but working 7 days a week makes that hard. and detail your own car its a little time consuming but anyone with a brain can do it. And i too want an update on your diff.

just keep your a/s on now its already half way through january roads are already prepped for winter so unless we get a huge storm the need for winters is not needed. I have a/s on right now but need to get my nice wheels off the roads this week but working 7 days a week makes that hard. and detail your own car its a little time consuming but anyone with a brain can do it. And i too want an update on your diff.

Let me clarify.

Winter 2012 Oem wheels and DWS A/S

Spring 2013 Get summer wheels. Then put on the DWS A/S tires that are on my oem wheels.

Winter 2013 Get winter performance tires for oem wheels.

Regarding detailing. Ive tried it. Ive bought over $250 worth of products. (Polisher, pads, cloths, products) Took me 19hrs over a weekend to do it. Wasnt able to get the small holograms and scratches out, so id rather have a pro do it to have it done right.

While im there i might get 35% tint there as well.

Cant wait for the winter to be over.

Regarding the center diff, someone pick up and take it apart if you wish. I dont think i can get it open.

Spc, your in college? You sellin' candy in your spare time? :)

School full time and work 35hrs a week at a bank making some pretty good money. Only bills are insurance and loan and gas. As well as books for school if financial aid doesnt cover it. But Im trying to put aside money so that next year I can pay for school up front so I dont have to pay off loan. Although my only loan is from the govt which I will have to pay back at 10% of my yearly income at most, instead of taking out a personal loan. State school FTW! Hoping to get good grades the four years to get a full ride or atleast a great scholarship for grad school. This semester I got all A's and was a piece of cake compared to high school. But next semester will most likely be harder.

There's definitely a way of getting inside the center diff. Otherwise, how would it have been made? Can't really mill an enclosed gear assembly such as that. Is it possible to separate the housing from the internals with a puller or a press? Steven, I'd like to borrow it to disassemble and diagnose if you don't mind. Maybe we'll be able to solve this issue once and for all... I hope.

Well if it wasnt the center diff, i would like to not break this one so i can atleast make some money back on it haha

But friday im not doing much and i could maybe swing by with it

I'm pretty sure no one would buy it off you after this thread. Isn't your problem fixed now?

• I Donated Too
I'm pretty sure compsurge is right. Even if it's 'good' inside... it's been in a bath of oil and metal fragments. One reason it may not come apart is because it's all busted up inside and fouling disassembly. I'd still be trying to confirm that I had a broken part and what else may be missing from inside it that I may want to find before one of your transmission gears does...

plus i would hold onto it, never know if you would need it again or if your plans with the car change and you want to rebuild/strengthen it for future plans. Having excess parts is not always a bad thing as long as you have a place to store them.

Archived