LegacyGT.com

Spc2125 Help Thread

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Key word is YET! Also remember u have a new center diff that you are putting at risk! Drive till your transmission suffers a catistrophic failure is always the smart way to go! Cause too much damage and ur only option will be buying a used that could have been beat as much as the one u have now! But hey what do any of us know? I have bought a used transmission and had it go out in 15k resulting in having to have that rebuilt!

The wear that ur center diff showed I am sure can be found through out the entire Transmission

Given that the shards that came out in his oil weren't from the diff, and the shrapnel from the broken part that trashed the diff will be spread around the whole transmission, it's a pretty safe bet that more parts are or soon will be as chewed up as that diff.

OP has a point. There's going to be nothing left to salvage in that gearbox so he will be replacing, not repairing it. If he has no problem with getting towed home from wherever he his when his transmission destroys itself, it makes no real difference if he drops it now or continues abusing it.

Obligatory '[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/2008-gh8-238668.html?t=238668"]build thread[/URL]' Increased capacity to 2.7 liters, still turbo, but no longer need spark plugs.

Given that the shards that came out in his oil weren't from the diff, and the shrapnel from the broken part that trashed the diff will be spread around the whole transmission, it's a pretty safe bet that more parts are or soon will be as chewed up as that diff.

OP has a point. There's going to be nothing left to salvage in that gearbox so he will be replacing, not repairing it. If he has no problem with getting towed home from wherever he his when his transmission destroys itself, it makes no real difference if he drops it now or continues abusing it.

Basically my thought. Trans is no good so i will save and drive till it goes. Then replace. But till then, its just going to have to do till i can save the money.

This thread is riviting it really is!! So much suspense! Makes me glad I did alot of research and had my 05 gt put up on a lift and looked it over well before I purchased! Even once I had bought it still brought it to Motive to confirm that it was solid and I was good to begin Modding when I was ready!

This thread is riviting it really is!! So much suspense! Makes me glad I did alot of research and had my 05 gt put up on a lift and looked it over well before I purchased! Even once I had bought it still brought it to Motive to confirm that it was solid and I was good to begin Modding when I was ready!

The sad part is... i paid $100 to a mechanic to look over the car before i bought it...:mad:

I havent returned to that mechanic

Do you still have that Oldsmobile? With the r racing seats and Italian flag as the backseat?

Woah. Stalker much haha

And no i do not. Those were put on for that picture and the seat covers were put on because ricer :p

That was my first car... mom sold it to me for 1k. Learned a lot about cars with that thing. Put on headers and full exhaust myself on that car.

Hey,

I have the Magnaflow Catback installed on my car right now. I bought it used and have only had it on my car since august/september. About 5k miles. Im looking to get a hold of the SPT for a trade.

If i find a SPT for sale local, i will let this go for $350.

Hmmm seems that ur priorities are still FUBAR!!

Archived