LegacyGT.com

Spc2125 Help Thread

spc - if you must have red on your summer setup consider buying my summer wheels. The Volk limited edition Formula center cap has a red ring and it's not too overstated. Seriously considering selling these and going with some BBS REs. They won't be some cheap crap wheel - you'd be rolling with the cool kids with some genuine Ray's Volk CE28Ns in a one off color (flawless and <13.5lbs per wheel). Just food for thought if the money really is burning a hole in your pocket ;)

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
spc - if you must have red on your summer setup consider buying my summer wheels. The Volk limited edition Formula center cap has a red ring and it's not too overstated. Seriously considering selling these and going with some BBS REs. They won't be some cheap crap wheel - you'd be rolling with the cool kids with some genuine Ray's Volk CE28Ns in a one off color (flawless and <13.5lbs per wheel). Just food for thought if the money really is burning a hole in your pocket ;)

You must be reading my mind because i was looking at your wheels the other day. But the tires seemed a bit beefy. What were you running on it?

• I Donated
You must be reading my mind because i was looking at your wheels the other day. But the tires seemed a bit beefy. What were you running on it?

If his build thread is up to date, then they are a 17x7.5 wheel running 225/45/17 ventus v12 evo's, very good tire for DD with the occasional autocross.

225/45R17 (Hankook Ventus V12). CE28Ns are 17x7.5 +43. They are still smaller diameter than OEM 18s w/ 215/45R18, much more contact patch and tires were bought new in May (already off the car for winter). The first pictures I took of them the suspension hadn't fully settled and with tire dressing they seemed pretty beefy. The lip on the CE28Ns adds to the effect a bit. I wouldn't go any narrower for tires for performance reasons. The spec.B was glued with this setup and suspension mods (WL bushings throughout, Swift springs on spec.B Bils, and Hotchkis sways, KB ELs, and AVO Brackets).

They will come with the limited edition center caps, Ray's black lugs, and Ray's valve stems/caps too. ($530 value right there).

In the direct sun

http://i303.photobucket.com/albums/nn146/jaymmmbee/LGTspecB/8d90ce03.jpg

Indoors

http://i303.photobucket.com/albums/nn146/jaymmmbee/LGTspecB/98c41112.jpg

Touch of red...

http://i303.photobucket.com/albums/nn146/jaymmmbee/LGTspecB/e2c2e120.jpg

Sorta flush

http://i303.photobucket.com/albums/nn146/jaymmmbee/LGTspecB/bfbe7788.jpg

Contemplating it, but would really like to stay in the 18x8 range... but anything is possible.

Not looking to buy now, sometime in april/march.

Let me know. I'm in no rush and still love these, so if I end up not being able to sell I'll roll them again this summer. They are stored now in garage with care (cleaned and waxed them before storing). Only reason I'd consider a change is for more of an OEM+ look with some BBS RE875s or the STi Enkei option from the JDM spec.B.

But my oem is 18, so something smaller will throw off the speedometer ever so slightly.

Just a pet peave and a preference.

It's negligable and as soon as you drive your car with these you will forget the speedo issue. Going from your spec.B 18s at 25lbs to these at 13.5 is a massive reduction in rotating mass.

Your speedo will be off by a fraction of a percent. Read: less than 1mph if you do it right. The only thing that will be different is your fuel economy- smaller polar moment of inertia on the 17s and less rotating mass means more mpgs.

Your speedo will be off by a fraction of a percent. Read: less than 1mph if you do it right. The only thing that will be different is your fuel economy- smaller polar moment of inertia on the 17s and less rotating mass means more mpgs.

But less force required to rotate the lighter mass

17's are the way to go esp in worcester....18's look nice yes but tires are more expensive, and bigger wheels means bigger chance of jacking them up in pot holes. 17's allow for some more sidewall which helps protect against damage. Light wheels are the way to go as long as they are quality, 15-18lb wheels are shweet

17's are the way to go esp in worcester....18's look nice yes but tires are more expensive, and bigger wheels means bigger chance of jacking them up in pot holes. 17's allow for some more sidewall which helps protect against damage. Light wheels are the way to go as long as they are quality, 15-18lb wheels are shweet

Has to be 18 now that i think of it because ill be using my A/S tires i have on my oem wheels now. Then when winter comes ill buy winter tires for my oem wheels

• I Donated
Has to be 18 now that i think of it because ill be using my A/S tires i have on my oem wheels now. Then when winter comes ill buy winter tires for my oem wheels

Apparently you missed the part where those wheels come with summer tires...

Apparently you missed the part where those wheels come with summer tires...

I dont think you understand what im doing...

I have A/S dws tires... that means use then in DRY, WET, SNOW

If i buy his summer wheels/tires, then when my A/S tires lose the "S" and now are only good for DRY and SNOW... im shit out of luck and will need to buy snow tires and be stuck with the A/S...

He's not "ga ga" over them. Just thought I'd offer. No worries - there aren't many other wheels I'd pick over these. It would be cheaper to go with some wheels like you linked above anyhow.

No offense or anything. Everyone has their tastes. Ill prob end up with rota tarmac 3's or something.

Archived