LegacyGT.com

Spc2125 Help Thread

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Why don't you like the magnaflow?

A bit loud on highway and just gets annoying sometimes. I love the growl butive gotten a ticket for it and figured i should go with something quieter. If i canr find one, ill just probably put a silencer on it.

A bit loud on highway and just gets annoying sometimes. I love the growl butive gotten a ticket for it and figured i should go with something quieter. If i canr find one, ill just probably put a silencer on it.

I have a magnaflow I agree. I'm just going to throw a resonator on it.

Emailed Bill at DSG who saw the metal pieces in person... (its most recent to least recent)

If you already have the new diff in, just keep driving it. If there is no noise at all from the transmission, it should be fine. If an actual gear tooth was gone, you would hear a ticking at the very least.

-Bill

Everything looked fine besides those sharper gears. The spider gears on the sides looked perfect and no noticeable wear.

Any ideas where those metal pieces could have come from. My dilemma is now that I have a new center diff and didnt see missing chunks from it, I dont know where the metal pieces came from and am still worried that my transmission is a ticking time bomb. Taking it out and opening it up is almost the same cost as buying a used one. But then what if I waste all that money for no reason and in the end I didnt really need a trans. This is all pending that the noise comes back on the dyno or in another situation in the snow. But since the new diff was put in, I drive it home an hour away in a snow storm and there was no problem.

Just confused on where I should go from here and if it is a good idea to keep driving (its my DD).

Curious to know what your thoughts are on this predicament,

Steven

Yeah, that center diff was no good. What do the 4 spider gears look like? Were they even in there? If you put it back together with the new diff, make sure you properly clearance the center diff and recheck the transfer gear/output shaft preload.

Hey Bill,

Just contacting you with a few follow-up questions. I replaced the center diff and took it apart to see if I could find the cause of the problem.

Here are some pictures of the inside. I was wondering if you could explain if the center diff was the problem or not. I looked at the teeth inside and although one set looks really sharp, the center diff doesnt seem to look like any place has any*noticeable chunks of metal missing like those *little pieces of metal we found.

Let me know what you think,

Steven

Im just confused on what type to put in to get rid of the drone on the highway.

Talk to that new guy Rick from Underdog. I think his name was Rick. He welds, and I'm sure he is knowledgable with resonators. I am thinking of using an 18" vibrant bottle type resonator.

I replaced the center diff and took it apart to see if I could find the cause of the problem.

What? I thought aggmcmuffin took that diff apart for you after you failed to tell one end of a screwdriver from another.

Obligatory '[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/2008-gh8-238668.html?t=238668"]build thread[/URL]' Increased capacity to 2.7 liters, still turbo, but no longer need spark plugs.

If your downpipe catted or catless? My SPT drones on the highway, invidia catless downpipe. it's not bad tho. You just have to get used to certain things when you build in certain ways

This is true. And im fully catless

If your downpipe catted or catless? My SPT drones on the highway, invidia catless downpipe. it's not bad tho. You just have to get used to certain things when you build in certain ways

My spt with a catted Cobb dp drones a bit too.

Yeah thats me beginning of junior year of highschool after i got out the hospital. Dont really wear hats. More of a shirt and tie kind of guy. But you guys seem so interested in my personal life. Im flattered.

Give credit where credit is due. I also did your brakes, and im still waiting for my 6 pack. And I just did half of the rear sway brackets. I also diagnosed your boost leak an fixed your torque app units.

How quickly you foget

Umm you mean you did one side... and put the brake pads in the wrong side...

And the one rear sway bar bracket that took you 2.5 hrs to do!! Then proceeded to tell me that that you didnt wanna finish because it was too cold for you... :lol:

And i had the app correct when i got to your house. And your basing my boost leak on a phone app... thats smart thinking.

How quickly you foget

Umm you mean you did one side... and put the brake pads in the wrong side...

And the one rear sway bar bracket that took you 2.5 hrs to do!! Then proceeded to tell me that that you didnt wanna finish because it was too cold for you... :lol:

And i had the app correct when i got to your house. And your basing my boost leak on a phone app... thats smart thinking.

Dude... He helped you out. Presumably for free (or a 6 pack). As long as he didnt blow up your ride, be greatful and overly appreciative.

You guys dont really strike me as friends. :lol:

Archived