LegacyGT.com

Spc2125 Help Thread

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am approaching 90k miles and looking at the routine maintenance at 105k i believe. However... my situation is a little different.

Previous owner.....At 72k miles the turbo blew and the engine was replaced with an oem one with 70k miles. He replaced all belts and clutch.

My question is... whats my maintenance schedule now?

• I Donated Too
same intervals as before... they don't change. Regardless you should be inspecting and replacing when needed and do what maintenance is needed when you detect problems, especially as you have a tuned car and you beat on it. Take care of it and it may make it... but you can't go by the interval numbers alone... Do what's needed to be done and stay ahead of it or you'll just fill this forum with more 'oh dear' threads.

• I Donated Too
no. I'm saying 105k is the interval... so 175k is when it is due again but if it was my car... I'm not sure I'd 'trust' the other driver... especially since they sold you a car that was beat on with a bad center diff. I'm with 06SpecB366 on this that early changes on important maintenance won't hurt. Honestly, if you believe it was done properly at 70K then I'd most likely in my head be saying at 150K I'd want that out... but I'd be looking, what parts were used, was the water pump changed... I'd be like "Hey Alberto... eyeball that timing set for me please?"

• I Donated Too
Remember the intervals are for a normal average driven vehicle and even then it's still a guide. I know money is tight for you but the BEST use of that money is in prevention if you intend to keep the car. You're not going to get flamed by anyone on this forum for spending money to do the timing set again but they'll sure as hell quote where you were told to consider being careful when you start a thread "Spc2125 Help thread #85 Something wrong with my valves after I heard a snapping sound while revving the tits off my SpecB going up a hill J turning in front of some 14 year old girls" - they're like that around here...

• I Donated Too
Oh... and don't skimp on flushing that gearbox oil. Since you're risking it anyway with the 'glitter' in the oil... spend a little on getting as much of it flushed out as possible. Otherwise you will be looking for a transmission still... remember your new center diff is bathing in all that debris too!

Listen to sigmafour... wise words.
Obligatory '[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/2008-gh8-238668.html?t=238668"]build thread[/URL]' Increased capacity to 2.7 liters, still turbo, but no longer need spark plugs.

• I Donated
If you have paperwork saying the timing belt in particular was changed, and hopefully the water pump, leave it alone until 175k. But keep in mind that 90k is a major service in and of itself. Depending on what was replaced at 70k, you may be able to push the 90k off to 100k, but check air filter, make sure plugs were changed, etc.

I plan on changing the trans oil again in a week or two. And ill most likely adress this in further detail as 100k comes around. But if im in good financial standing to do so, i might go ahead with the normal maintenance at that interval. But at the very least ill do the smaller stuff (water pump, spark plugs, air filter)

Archived