LegacyGT.com

New Vendor Here ;o) - Motive Auto Works

Motive Auto Works

Alberto, any recommendations for performance clutch upgrades? Specific models or just manufacturers that you like/trust? My girl put a hurting on mine during the snowstorm, and in case it doesn't stop stinking soon, I am ramping up my research for the inevitable upgrade... Thanks for any advice/info!

• Replies 324
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I expect it will have a lot of life left still... the stink... well, yeah they just stink.

I am hoping so... It's the first real burn that's been put onto it, and I haven't experienced any slippage (yet), but I am surprised that after 3-4 days it still stinks a bit. That, paired with the 50k miles I already have on it, I just want to be prepared and ready to pull the trigger, if/when the need arises.

Alberto, any recommendations for performance clutch upgrades? Specific models or just manufacturers that you like/trust? My girl put a hurting on mine during the snowstorm, and in case it doesn't stop stinking soon, I am ramping up my research for the inevitable upgrade... Thanks for any advice/info!

Sure thing - it can stink for up to an entire week :spin:

The good news is that if you damaged your disk bad enough you would definitely start feeling it slip. Just keep an eye on it over the next week or so and keep me updated.

To answer your question: (pm'd)

• I Donated
Another satisfied customer here, Alberto did my LCA bushings and ball joints. We didn't plan the ball joints but when he found they were bad he pulled me into the shop and showed me how bad they were. Was able to source some moogs and get them in today, and my front end clunk is gone!

Alright, Bren recommended me about you guys doing my injectors, plugs, and a temp map tune install. What can u do for me? And to make sure my car goes well for his tune....finger crossed.

Great decision going to motive!

Figured this was an appropriate place to thank motive auto and alberto for all the help, service and guidance i have received since working with him all things car related, most importantly meetin one hell of a person and friend. As you know my car is dead and when i brought it to motive the sadness and disappointment i felt was shared with him because he has just as much passion for these cars and the world of cars as well. It was never easy to travel 1.5 hrs to his shop and it was always easy to setup a date and time even if it was on a saturday or mid day morning. I may be out of the legacy game for a while but i kno that i have a great mechanic for any car i have and someone i can trust for advice. Thanks for all the hard work and advice!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

So since I know how much all of you LOVE 5th Gens :rolleyes:, I figured it was worth asking if any of you can help... We have a list of 25 5th gen owners interested in a lightweight crank pulley for the 2.5GTs (apparently the 2.5i and 3.6R have different pulleys). Does anybody have connections for vendors or suppliers who might be willing/able to fab one up for us? Again, we have 25 owners who signed up within the last 8 months, so we could guarantee a fair number of sales to (hopefully) make it worth somebody's time/effort! Thread is below...

If anyone has any info or help they can provide, you'd be helping out a lot of us fugly car owners. ;)

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/crank-pulley-188600.html

So since I know how much all of you LOVE 5th Gens :rolleyes:, I figured it was worth asking if any of you can help... We have a list of 25 5th gen owners interested in a lightweight crank pulley for the 2.5GTs (apparently the 2.5i and 3.6R have different pulleys). Does anybody have connections for vendors or suppliers who might be willing/able to fab one up for us? Again, we have 25 owners who signed up within the last 8 months, so we could guarantee a fair number of sales to (hopefully) make it worth somebody's time/effort! Thread is below...

If anyone has any info or help they can provide, you'd be helping out a lot of us fugly car owners. ;)

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/crank-pulley-188600.html

could always try grimmspeed, I'm happy with mine from them.

could always try grimmspeed, I'm happy with mine from them.

I think SurlyOldManMN (the 1st blown motor we've experienced) is local to GS and will be reaching out to them... but thanks for the idea! I know some of you guys have contacts with aftermarket suppliers, so figured it was worth a shot to ask!

should I have alberto wrap my DP, or eff it, its only a stage 2 car?????

wrap it, it is worth it. I had him do mine and it still looks mint after two winters. DEI wrap with a silicone spray. Underhood temps were definitely reduced.

wrap it, it is worth it. I had him do mine and it still looks mint after two winters. DEI wrap with a silicone spray. Underhood temps were definitely reduced.

When it doubt, wrap it.

That sounds like good, general advice for a whole bunch of life situations.

• I Donated Too

Incidentally... I am wrapping some headers tonight using the Titanium DEI wrap. It's VERY soft and flexible and does not need to be soaked in water first. It's very nice... and shiny.

I know they say not to wrap headers. but...

Incidentally... I am wrapping some headers tonight using the Titanium DEI wrap. It's VERY soft and flexible and does not need to be soaked in water first. It's very nice... and shiny.

I know they say not to wrap headers. but...

You did a great job wrapping. Looked really nice, good work sir

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived