LegacyGT.com

New Vendor Here ;o) - Motive Auto Works

Motive Auto Works

• Replies 324
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • I Donated Too
sadly, Bren now says he has to attend a wedding on the 4th - so I may be back to the 3rd or whatever he can offer... perhaps I should bring a camera and film it so you can watch it later?

• I Donated Too

Got the car back tonight! Limped it home on the base tune, IF someone told me the car was 'done' and ready to go I'd believe them! Just incredible to think it's not done yet and the tune is tomorrow morning, the car has so much low down torque and even though I couldn't go over 4000rpm the car just wants to GO!

Motive Auto really looked after me and the work is like artwork, all the new hoses beautifully routed and so much care and attention has been made. I'll do a full write up later with some proper build pictures. I can't say enough good things but the story isn't done yet... will be very interested to see what the final numbers are tomorrow and I'm not done at Motive yet as I asked him to look for anything that needs to get done and done right and so there's some bushings and shields to sort out yet...

• I Donated Too

worst weather conditions for the tune on the Dynapack in Auburn - 95oF very humid and made 300whp/325tq not too shabby...

Good and bad with the humidity and heat, sort of 'worst' case power actually graphed - was told car was very happy and had lots of headroom, 0 fuel trims all the way through and made peak power at redline. It was pulling timing because of the heat but no knocks and very smooth power. Can't wait to try it when it's cooler out!

Not saying anything people haven't heard before but what can I say about Bren? What a really REALLY nice chap, amazingly professional and has a real passion for his job. A perfectionist in the very way you want someone to be and incredibly careful to do the right thing. He knows his sh!t and then some... I mean all said, I'd have loved to have had BMX do my tune but he wasn't available.

• I Donated Too
jiminy christmas!! I went out for a 'test' in the cooler air at 10pm. I just got back! It was only 11oF cooler at 84oF but what a difference!! No NRW, No. It does not need turning up...

• I Donated Too
you know we all protest we're done spending money, you know we always say 'yes, I'm happy with this and I don't need more' - you know this is actually a bottomless pit and all of us eventually cave and the spend goes on. Some of us snap to our senses at some point but I'm on the top of this particular slippery slope right now and my ass has wheels on it.

Archived