LegacyGT.com

New Vendor Here ;o) - Motive Auto Works

Motive Auto Works

• Replies 324
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So i will add to my review of Hero and Motive Auto Works....went in on Nov 17th for a diagnostic check on my rear diff that cause problems on the dyno back in sept. Ended up doing some extra things, all diff fluids flushed and changed, oil change and put in the oil temp and pressure sensors as well while the car was already on the lift. Saturdays are by appointment only since he is so busy during the week. So it worked out well for me, Hero had a long friday night working so we took our time in the shop talking and wrenching....overall a good time. WE finished up and i headed home. He suggested i keep and eye out on the sensors and sandwhich plate for leaks. I got home and noticed things were leaking and txtd Alberto. He was not happy and felt bad.....

Reminder that i live 1.5hrs from his shop he felt bad enough to drive himself and family to my house today to fix the issue in my driveway. Find me a shop that is within 10minutes of your house who would have a mechanic go to your house and fix an issue...most would say just bring it back. This is the highest of customer service i have ever received and if you were on the fence of seeing him i hope this persuades you further. Thanks Alberto, top notch.

So i will add to my review of Hero and Motive Auto Works....went in on Nov 17th for a diagnostic check on my rear diff that cause problems on the dyno back in sept. Ended up doing some extra things, all diff fluids flushed and changed, oil change and put in the oil temp and pressure sensors as well while the car was already on the lift. Saturdays are by appointment only since he is so busy during the week. So it worked out well for me, Hero had a long friday night working so we took our time in the shop talking and wrenching....overall a good time. WE finished up and i headed home. He suggested i keep and eye out on the sensors and sandwhich plate for leaks. I got home and noticed things were leaking and txtd Alberto. He was not happy and felt bad.....

Reminder that i live 1.5hrs from his shop he felt bad enough to drive himself and family to my house today to fix the issue in my driveway. Find me a shop that is within 10minutes of your house who would have a mechanic go to your house and fix an issue...most would say just bring it back. This is the highest of customer service i have ever received and if you were on the fence of seeing him i hope this persuades you further. Thanks Alberto, top notch.

You're welcome and thank you VERY much for being a part of the Motive family. I appreciate the loyalty of all of my customers and I just wanted to show that it goes both ways :cool:

• 2 weeks later...
Couldn't agree more with everyone that recommended I go to Motive. I am more than satisfied with the work he has done and the prices he has charged. Looking forward to dealing with an outstanding mechanic again on my next round of maintanance related repairs as I believe in fixing problems before I begin to mod! Anyone within a resonable drive to Woburn shouldn't think twice about where to go!

My experience with alberto from motive autowork: Emailed him Wednesday afternoon about a possible oil change. Got a response back in less than 1hr. He was booked until Monday afternoon. I explained to him I'm heading out of town this weekend and car is due for one. Alberto emailed me back and told me to bring the car in this afternoon. Arrived at 1 pm shoot the shit for about an hour. Got a oil change and in the process he saw one of ground wire was snap off so he replaced it. He charged close to nothing for the oil change and fixed my ground. Left the place with a smile on my face. I know where to bring my legacy when I have a problem. Very knowledgeable and a great guy!

Off topic....I don't understand why he tried to take my wheel off for an oil change ;-)

Yes I do but I will trade you them back for those Brembos!! However I must say those stock calipers look alright now that they are painted, fitted with new pads and rotors, and not dragging. Plus with the new rubbers I am loving the LGT even more!:wub:

• Mega Users

I drove an hour an 45 to go to this shop, because of the excellent reviews I've been hearing.

It's amazing how thorough, detailed and efficient Alberto is with his work. He far surpassed my expectations. A very nicely kept shop as well. Alberto is a very personable guy, and I had a great time being at the shop and chatting with him and his wife.

I expect Motive Auto Works to continue to be a seamless operation, and grow to great lengths in the future. This will be the only shop that this car goes to, and any other car I have in the future. Keep up the excellent work!

Kevin

"Remember Danny - Two wrongs don't make a right but three rights make a left."

I've been going there since I got my car last October, never lets me down. Two weeks ago he said he'd look over my engine and underside to see if I had any fluids leaking. He ended up being late and performed the service. Didn't charge for his time even though I really didn't mind him being late. Awesome guy. See you Wednesday man

• 1 month later...

Just got my car back from Motive yesterday and I'm pleased again. Motive is definitely way more than a parts jockey and grease monkey. I had an issue with my cabin blower motor not turning. I figured easy diagnosis and fix. Just replace the cabin blower motor, right? Nope. Still didn't function, so I brought my LGT wagon to Motive again to see what Alberto could do. To make matters more complicated, of course, I have the HVAC/Radio integrated dual din, which means that it could have been a really funky problem. Alberto told me no problem and proceeded to suss out what was really going on with my complete lack of heat. Turns out I had a resistor in the blower motor housing that was fried. Except that wasn't even enough to get it fixed. There was also a blown relay over by the fusebox. So I basically had two interrelated problems, which I diagnosed and fixed incorrectly the first time and then Alberto not only figured out the problem in two different locations, but had 'em fixed with no problems the next day after the parts came in. This guy's shop is so much more than just intercoolers, downpipes, and swaybars.

Need a turbo upgrade? Need suspension work? Need tranny work? Need a built motor? Have some random problem that you have no idea what the issue is? Take it to Motive.

I've been to Motive three times now for various issues (directly caused by me or by a random failure ... probably also indirectly caused by me) and I've been pleasantly surprised every time about how well things are done and the exceptional customer service I've received.

Went to pick up my car yesterday and Alberto was just finishing up washing it. Washing it! :eek: Said it got a little dusty in the shop while my car was there. Are you kidding me? My car was filthy when it came in. It was my car making the rest of your shop dirty. Not the other way around. ;)

My LGT will never again go to any shop other than Motive Auto Works in Woburn. I would definitely drive at least an hour to take my car here, but fortunately, the shop is only 15 minutes from my house. Imo, this is a no brainer for anybody in the greater Boston metro area.

Thanks again Motive (and again and again).

I'd like to throw in a good word here, Motive swapped a used turbo into my Outback XT this week. Speen st. Auto in Framingham couldn't diagnose it and doesn't understand turbos, but Alberto understands what is going on. Very happy with the work and the price, will be back again!

• 2 weeks later...

Archived