LegacyGT.com

New Vendor Here ;o) - Motive Auto Works

Motive Auto Works

• Replies 324
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4. They're fugly

Thanks for your OPINION! It means SOOOO much to all of us and is incredibly useful, both to the topic of discussion and to helping out fellow forum members!

Oh, except... the exact opposite of all of that. :lol:

The more important question is what do you think of the view of my car from behind? How do my taillights look? :eek::lol:

I don't know Pat, how do mine look?

I am sure they look... very far away! :rolleyes::) Wasn't making any blanket statements, just defending my baby! Pointing out a worthless "contribution" and highlighting the benefits of my "fugly" car. ;)

It's not your car pfoyle specifically per se. Just 5th gens in general. You know, it's not your car ... just all the other cars that look exactly like it. :)

Don't forget, stage 1 5th gen = stage 2 4th gen in performance. :)

don't be starting no 4th gen 5th gen wars down here with your heavy old chassis and excess leg room... :)

I assume you're talking to BTD here? Cause it's pretty clear I didn't start anything! ;) Can't we all just get along?! :lol:

edit: LOL at Dujo!

sure we can all get along when you show me your hand brake...

Grrrrrr! That is the BIGGEST gripe I have about the 5th gen... so stupid! Forces me to power-oversteer or pull the scandinavian flick in order to do donuts in snowy parking lots! Errrr.... I mean... I'm really worried about what would happen if my brakes fail! Yeah... that's it... ;):lol:

Seriously though, this would be the first thing I'd change about my car if possible... what kind of manual doesn't have an e-brake... C'mon Subaru, you're better than that! :mad:

• I Donated Too
I was already upset on the 4th gen that I couldn't easily remove the crappy stock radio and that the rear windows don't go all the way down. Yes, Small petty things upset me the most. The missing hand brake in the 5th gen would have been intolerable for me!

I was already upset on the 4th gen that I couldn't easily remove the crappy stock radio and that the rear windows don't go all the way down. Yes, Small petty things upset me the most. The missing hand brake in the 5th gen would have been intolerable for me!

Funny that you say that... when I was searching for my next car (trading in my S4 with no clutch), I was looking for manual and AWD... When I test drove the LGT it didn't even register that there was no e-brake. After I bought it and had it home, I realized there was no hand-brake, and I honestly considered whether I could return it on that basis. I was SO mad... If I had realized it pre-purchase it honestly might have been a deal-breaker for me... SMH.. The puss-ification of America. :confused:

So I brought my car in for Alberto to take a look at it yesterday and hopefully take care of the CEL that I had. My wife had to take the car to Alberto so I didn't get to meet him unfortunately but he kept me in the loop, called me every step of the way to let me know what was going on, what he was doing, as well as what he suggested that I should get fixed soon. My wife said that he was very kind and really knew his stuff. Also the waiting area had Netflix, lots of DVDs, and a game console which is great because my wife wasn't looking forward to bringing the car in but she was perfectly fine waiting there in the waiting room. I was told at Autozone that my O2 sensors were bad but after Alberto took a look at it he found that there were quite a few boost leaks and once that was established he had the car fixed in about an hour and 15 minutes.

I got in the car when I got home from work and the shuddering that had been going on for a few weeks was completely taken care of. The car seems to perform better (although that could just be in my head). I am very happy with the work done by Alberto and I will be going back to him again soon to get my 100k maintenance done as well as the axle boot which he told me needed to be repaired and gave me prices for a new one (both aftermarket and OEM prices so I could choose which I wanted).

All in all I am extremely happy with the service at Motive Auto Works and I will be going there for any future service that I need taken care of and I would recommend him to anybody that needs to have work done on their car.

Thanks again Alberto!

Thanks Nrw. I also noticed that I can actually hear the BOV now which ever since I got the car I couldn't hear it (so I'm guessing that means I had the leaks when the car was bought?). I thought that since I wasn't hearing the BOV before that it was only aftermarket BOV's that made the noise when they released the pressure but thanks for the little piece of info :) Glad to know my car is performing better now that that's fixed!

Archived